We Met At The Eye Doctor

We met at the eye doctor

I wake up the next morning to the smell of breakfast. I walk into the kitchen to find Mike flipping an egg.
"Second try at cooking?" I ask as I pour myself a cup of coffee.
"Yup, how do you like your eggs." He asks smugly.
"Well done, scrambled whatever, I'm not picky."
"Okay then" he says as he puts the egg on a plate. The familiar tune of my cell phone is heard from the living room.
"Hold on." I walk into the living room and pick up my phone. "Hello Mandy."
"Cassie, where are you? I called your apartment but you weren't there."
"Mike's"
"You slept over."
"Yeah."
"So how's Green Day in the bedroom?"
"You perv nothing happened, we just fell asleep on the couch." I say hanging up so she can't comment any longer.
"Who called?" Mike asks as he hands me a plate with egg and toast on it.
"My friend Mandy, she works at Reprise, some sort of media person. She's the one that got me the photographer job for you."
"Mandy, Mandy. Never heard of her." Mike says thinking to himself.
"I figured as much, she doesn't deal with Reprise's clients at all, she just hires people for stuff." I say shrugging.
"Yesterday, Tre said he was taken. I'm wondering who is this woman who can stand to be in a serious relationship with him." I ask.
"Oh she's almost as wild as he is. Well, they went out when they were like eighteen, then she left for a school in New York. They got back together recently, but they kept in touch over the years." He says shrugging.
"I still find that hard to believe."
"Trust me, they were made for each other, most dysfunctional people I know. It's beautiful." Mike says as he pretends to cry.
"Awe Mike, you're such a cheese ball." The phone in the corner of the kitchen begins to ring. Mike walks over to the phone and picks it up.
"Hey Bill. . . Now? I sort of have company. . . Cassie. . .I don't know . . . fine, if you insist." He says as he hangs up the phone.
"What was that all about?" I ask.
"Billie Joe just called an emergency band practice, he said you're welcome to come."
"Okay" I say as I finish off my toast.

Mike and I walk into the sound studio in Billie's basement.
"Hello Cassie, my dear." Tre says as he kisses my hand, Mike playfully shoos him away.
"Hi Cassie!" Billie yells a little too loud making the woman he had his arm around laugh.
"Hello Billie!" I yell just as loud.
"This is my wife Adrienne." He says politely.
"You can call me Adie." She says extending her hand so I can shake it. "We'll leave you to your practice. Come Cassie, join me for a coffee."
"Okay" I say as Mike releases his grip from my waist and I follow Adie up the stairs.

We sit in the kitchen with our cups of coffee in front of us.
"So you don't ever watch the band practices?" I ask as I take a sip from my coffee mug.
"No, it's not so much for the actual practice, it's more of a therapy thing and you know, patient confidentiality." She laughs.
"So basically, like us girls go shopping or to the salon they have band practice." I suggest.
"Exactly, personally I think it's much sexier than guys who golf."
"I agree" I say smirking evilly.
A couple of hours pass and the guys come back upstairs.
"So are you two friends?" Billie asks in childish voice.
"Yup." Adie says happily.
"Good" Mike says as he kisses the top of my head.
"Adie had issues with his last girlfriend." Tre snickers.
"That's not true, Brittney started it." Adie says in her own defense.
"Of course she did." Billie says as he grabs a beer out of the fridge and sits next to her.
"As long as you don't have 'issues' with Cassie, I don't care." Mike says grabbing a beer for himself and sitting next me.