We Met At The Eye Doctor

We met at the eye doctor

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!
I open the door to my apartment to see Mike standing there.
"Mike!" I yelp as I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him gently.
"Yeah, we got an earlier flight."
"Are those for me?" I ask pointing to a bouquet of flowers in his hand.
"Yeah." He says handing to me.
"They're beautiful." I say smelling them, "May I ask what's the occasion?"
"No occasion, just thought they'd be a nice jester." He says placing his hands on my hips.
"Yes it is." I say laughing.
"Do you want to go for drinks with everyone?"
"Sure." I say looking down at my sweats, "I'll get changed first."
"Okay." Mike says following me into the apartment.

I fill a vase with water and put the flowers in it ever so nicely. I walk into my room and change into a pair of dark jeans, black tank top and heels.
"You look great." Mike says smiling.
"Thank you." I say grabbing my leather jacket. "Ready to go?"
"I am if you are."
"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask laughing.
"What ever you want." He says leading me out to his car.

We get to the club and see Billie Joe, Adie, James and Jill.
"Where's Tre?" I ask sitting with them.
"He's taking a call." Adie says as she flags down a waitress. "Another round." The waitress takes our order and walks away.
"Oh congratulations." I say to Jill and James.
"Thanks." They say cheerfully.
"Hawaii huh?" Mike asks casually.
"Yeah, we didn't want anything HUGE!" James says laughing, receiving a friendly slap in the arm from Jill.
"Are you nervous yet?" I tease.
"What's there to be nervous about?" Jill says laughing.
"Except Frankito swallowing the rings." Billie teases.
"No, I've talked to Bianca about that, she says Frankito prefers the taste of candy to the taste of gold." Jill says proudly.
"Well what Bianca failed to mention is that Frankito won't have the candy option." Tre says sneaking back to the table.
"Thanks a lot Tre, now I'm back to square one with Miss Paranoia." James says rolling his eyes.
"You're most welcome." Tre says evilly.
"The award for biggest shit-disturber of the year goes to." Mike says laughing.
"ME! It's me isn't it?" Tre yelps excitedly.
"No bitch it's me!" Billie says in a rapper voice.
"Well this should be interesting." I mutter into Mike's ear.

The tune for the song Thriller by Michael Jackson begins to play.
"Let's go!" Jill exclaims as she gets up to go to the dance floor, her hand grasping James'.
"I'm with you." Adie says following behind. "Billie, will dance with me?"
"Umm okay." He says taking a sip of his beer. I start to get up and I turn to Mike.
"Count me out."
"Fine." I say turning to Tre. "Will you do me the honor?"
"Of course m'lady." He says laughing as he follows me to the dance floor.

We dance in a line in a male/female arrangement, so I was in between Tre and James. We start dancing the familiar moves from the music video. Half way through the song Tre disappears and is replaced with Mike.
"Changed your mind?" I tease.
"Yeah well, Tre's spastic arm movements were about to knock you out." he says grinning.
"Really, because from where I was standing it seemed like he was dancing pretty well." I joke.
"Dear god! He did hit you and now you're delusional." Mike says hysterically.
"Shut-up and kiss me!" I say laughing. He cups my cheeks, pulls me close and plants one on my lips. "Woohoo."
"Oh yeah." He says as we continue with the Michael Jackson dance steps.

The song ends and a new, slower one begins.
"Join me for another dance?" I ask.
"Well you've got me here, might as well take advantage." He mutters as I wrap my arms around his neck.
"Awe, you know you love dancing with me." I tease.
"Only because I can hold you close." He whispers into my ear as I rest my head on his chest.
"I love you Mike." I whisper.
"I love you too Cassie."