Status: Current

Just Friends?

Chapter 3

This new revelation was a shock to me. I had been friends with Paul forever, now i was falling in love with him? It shocked me, and it also scared me, but most of all it excited me.
It shocked me mainly because i had never thought of Paul as more than a friend, and now i was falling in love with him.
It scared me because Paul was always known as a player, and usually had a different girl every week or so.
It excited me mainly because i looked into the future in a positive way and i could see a relationship between Paul and I actually working out. It also excited me because i had always been fascinated with wolves since i was really little, and i was always up for an adventure.
Still looking into Pauls eyes i stood up on my tip-toes and kissed him on the lips.

Pauls POV
I was shocked when Kaile kissed me, it took me a few minutes to respond, but soon i wrapped my arms around her and bent down to kiss her back, so she wasn't on her tip toes anymore.
We broke apart after we had ran out of breath, and i leaned down to rest my forehead on hers, while keeping my arms wrapped around her.
There was no question to it that i was a player, but at that moment all that mattered to me was Kaili, and i had no doubt that she was the only person that would ever matter to me again.
"You can't even begin to imagine how much i've missed you these last two weeks, i'm so sorry."
"Why did you do it?" She asked and i could tell how much that i really had hurt her.
"I was afraid that i would hurt you, you know as well as anybody that i have a very short temper, and lately it has been worse, even the slightest thing has set me off, and when i get mad i shift, and at first i wasn't in control." I said, hoping she would understand, and realize that i was telling the truth.
"Now that i'm a werewolf, i have certain responsibilities, i have to share patrols with the pack, to make sure that there are no bloodsuckers getting on the reservation." I explained, i felt that for some reason i had to tell her everything about me and what i was.
"So the stories about the Cold Ones are real too?" She asked, in an almost knowing tone, like she had already figured it out, she was just wantin confirmation.
"Yes"

Kaili's POV
One of the last things that Paul had said to me had triggered a memory from when my father was still alive. He would always leave for hours at a time and his explanation would be that he had to pull his weight in the pack.
"Paul, was my dad a werewolf?"
"Yeah, why?" He asked scrunching his eyebrows up in confusion reminding me of a little kid, and i giggled.
"Well, when i was little my dad would always leave for periods at a time, and in my dreams there was always a wolf with black fur that came and saved me, but the night that you changed, he wasn't there anymore. So im thinking that by coming into my dreams that was his way of protecting me. But now that you are a werewolf, he thinks that you can protect me, and that i don't need him anymore." I said, and smiled up at him.
"So you really do think these dreams are real don't you?"
"Yes, Paul, somehow i know they have to be real"
"Well now you've got me to protect you." he said, as he reached up and ruffled my hair before pulling me in and giving me a peck on the lips.
"Because of the whole Imprint thing, what exactly does that make us?" I asked.
"I can be anything you want me to be, a protecter, a lover, i could even be like a brother to you. An imprint is the same thing as what people like to call finding a soulmate, someone that you want to spend the rest of your life with. You can try to resist the bond but it only causes both of the people pain." then he added,"If we enter a relationship, i would like to take things slow, because of my ummm past experiences."
"Me too," I smiled as he grabbed my hand and we walked out of the alley.
I walked into the store and noticed that my cart was in the same place i had left it, so i finiushed getting the things, and went to go check out. I started putting stuff on the conveyor belts, but Paul stopped me, and finsihed putting the stuff on there.
I payed for all the stuff, and despite all of my protests, Paul carried the stuff out and put them in the back seat of my car.
After closing the door, Paul turned around and gave me a hug,"I'm so glad i don't have to avoind you anymore."
"Me too, do you need a ride anywhere?" I asked, not wanting him to leave.
"The guys are waiting got me," He said, pointing to where the guys were sitting in Sam's Chevy Silverado pickup truck, waiting for us to finsih talking.
"I'll call you later," He said, and gave me a quick kiss on the lips before he went to go meet the guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment plz..and banners =)