Status: Current

Just Friends?

Chapter 4

After I had gotten home, and put all of the grocery’s away, I decided to cook some dinner for Me my mom and my stepdad so that my mom wouldn’t have to. Also, so I could take my mind off of Paul and everything that I had learned today, cause my mind was just a jumble of thoughts.
I decided that taco salads would be a good dinner, and then for desert I would make some chocolate cheesecake. Just as I was taking the browned handburger meat out of the pan, my phone started ringing.
I was born to tell you I love you
Isn’t that a song already I get an
A in originality and its true I can’t
Go on without you—

“Hey Paul.”
“How’d you know it was me.” He asked in his normal husky voice.
“Hmmm..well they invented this thing a couple of years back, and its called…Caller Id.” I said in a sarcastic tone causing him to chuckle.
“How rude…anyway, so what are you up to?” He asked, trying to make conversation.
“Making dinner for the family, you wanna come eat?” I asked, taking it as an opportunity to be able to spend more time with him.
“Sorry I can’t Sam has got me on patrol until three in the morning, apparently while Jacob and Embry were out today they caught a scent. But if you will leave one of your windows unlocked, I can drop by after I’m finished.”
“Sure I can leave a window unlocked, but why?” I asked curious as to why he wanted to come over at three in the morning, instead of just waiting to see me tomorrow.
“You just seemed like you wanted to ask me some more stuff, and I would like to hang out with you and talk about maybe being in a relationship.” He said, and I could hear someone yell, “It’s time to go” In the background, so I knew that our conversation was all but over.
“I’m sorry I gotta go, I’ll wake you up when I get to your house.” Paul said.
“Bye Paul, and about the relationship thing, I would love to be your girlfriend.” I said and heard him chuckle on the end of the phone.
“Well then, I guess we are officially a couple, but I really gotta go, Bye hun, see ya later.” He said, and I hung up the phone.

After we had all ate, my mom and my stepdad thanked me for the dinner, and I went up to my room to get some cleaning done.
I plugged up my i-pod to my stereo and listened to 100 in a 55 by Pop Evil as I began going through all of the clothes, deciding which ones to keep or give to charity.
After I had gone through all of my clothes and decided which ones I was going to give to the salvation army, I bagged them up and took them out to my car so that I could drop them off later, on my way to the cemetery.
I slipped my converse on my feet, and grabbed my keys as I walked out the door. After I dropped the clothes off I stopped at the local floral shop and bought some flowers to put on my father grave.
As I stopped my car in front of the cemetery gates, I got the usual eerie feeling I got every time I was in the cemetery alone.
I walked up to my father’s grave and sat the roses down on his tombstone, and then I just sat there on the ground in front of it.
“Hi dad, things are going great! I just wish that you were still here so that you could see me grow up, because I really feel like I need a father. David is a nice guy, but he’s not related by blood so it’s not the same.
I found out what you were and I dream about the people that killed you all the time, and you always used to save me. But now, in my dreams you aren’t there to save me, its Paul. Speaking of Paul, did you know that he’s a werewolf now too?
He’s my boyfriend, and he’s a really good guy I know you would approve. I remember when me and Paul were little and you used to joke us about getting married one day, well that doesn’t sound like a bad idea anymore. I brought you some roses, because that’s what you got me when I broke my arm that one time. I just wanted to come say Hi, and that I Love You, I’ll come talk to you again next week.”
I heard some wolves howling in the distance, and wondered if Pail and the pack had found any scents or anything.
After a while of just sitting there at my father’s grave, I go up to leave, but when I turned around there was a man standing behind me, looking at me as if I was a piece of meat.
He had blonde hair that was in a ponytail and he wasn’t wearing a shirt or shoes. He was extremely pale, with eyes that were a crimson color. I instantly recognized him from all of my dreams; he was one of the Vampires that killed my dad.
“Laurent Victoria come here.” He said in a soft voice, that I’m sure no one but him and me could hear, but sure enough in a matter of seconds there were two people by his side.
The woman, Victoria, had red hair that was long and cascading down from her head in curls. She was wearing tight pants and Animal skins, with no shoes on.
The other man, Laurent, seemed to be the leader of the group, had long hair that was in dreadlocks and he seemed to be Jamaican.
“You killed my father.” I said to them through gritted teeth, and James just looked at me and smirked.
“I knew I recognized you from somewhere, you must be little Kaili Kings, but you’re not so little, you’ve grown up to be a pretty little thing.” James said, as he slowly began walking towards me.
“Why are you here?” I asked noticing that he was getting really close to me now.
“Well, we were just passing through and we got hungry.” He said with a smile to show off his teeth, as he reached up and put a hand on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Plz comment and tell me if i shoud keep writing the story cuz idk..