Status: Current

Just Friends?

Chapter 5

Pauls POV
"Paul, I think i have something." Sam said in my mind, and i used my connection as a gps to get to where he was.
"Let's follow it and see where it leads," i said and we set off in the direction of what seemed to be the cemetery.
As we trotted up in our wolf form, i could see that we were dealing with what seemed to be three vampires. Two males and a female.
They seemed to be surrounding something or SOMEONE.
Together, Sam and I decided that a surprise attack would be good, so we decided that we would sneak up to them by going on their blind side. This way would involve cutting through the parking lot and around the small hill.
As we rounded the corner that led to the parking lot, i took one look at the only car there, and stopped dead in my tracks.
"Kaili" i said to Sam in m head and we immediately started running in full wolf speed toward where the scent led to, but right before we got there we changed back into human form and put our shorts on.
Kaili's POV
"Get your hand off of me you filthy blood sucking murderer." i said trying to remain calm and hoping Paul would come and save me.
"My name is James thank you very much," he said,"What if i don't want to get my hand off of you?"
"Then i will make you." Paul said as he and Sam ran up to where the Three Vampires and i were standing.
Victoria Laughed,".. and what are you two pathetically weak human going to do to make him?"
"Who said we were human?" Sam asked as he and Paul shifted into wolf form as if on cue.
I think i was just as shocked as the vampires were, only for different reasons,Paul was absolutely beautiful as a wolf.
In a blur James, Victoria and Laurent were in their fighting stances waiting for Paul and Sam to make the first move.
After a few seconds of the two groups glaring at each other, Paul made the first move, and in a blur the fight was on.
From what i could see James and Victoria were double teaming Sam, while the leader, Laurent, was fighting Paul.
In only a matter of seconds Paul had taken down Laurent, and was moving over to go and help his fellow pack member.
Paul started fighting James, and all of a sudden Victoria stopped fighting Sam and ran at an almost impossible speed over to the cliff at the back of the cemetery and gracefully diving off the cliff and began swimming away.
I turned my attention back to the guys and noticed that they were gathering up pieces of James and Laurent's bodies and putting them into a pile, already back in their human form.
Paul noticed me looking at him and gave me a small smile. I all of a sudden felt the urge to hug him, so i ran and jumped into his arms.
Before i had even realized it i began crying and the tears were rolling down my face. He buried his face in my hair and just held me murmuring that i would be okay every few seconds until i was finally calmed down.
After i finally stopped crying we just stood there until Sam cleared his throat and we looked over at him.
"Paul, I'm going to have Jared cover for you tonight, take Kaili home and keep her safe just in case the red head comes back." Sam said.
"Her name is Victoria." I murmured.
"Ok, i need you both to try and stay in the house Quil, Embry, and I are going to go talk to the Cullens.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got a comment that inspired me to do another chapter..tell me how you like it =)