Status: OMG OMG OMG!! :D here it is!! <3

The Cemetery Chronicles: Lip Ring Terror

It seems like everywhere I go, the more I see the less I know

I walked with Gwen to her house so Tina could pick us up later.

“So how are things? I heard you and Joey broke up and all.”

She seemed to looking for the right words to say. “Really well…for lack of better words.”

I nodded. “But I hear David’s got a thing for you.”

“That’s what Britney said too. That’s why he’s coming with us to the cemetery.”

“Really?”

She nodded. “It’s going to be super exciting. I hope he really does like me.”

“Do you like him?”

She blushed. “Yeah. I just couldn’t find the heart to break up with Joey so…yeah.”

“Wow. That’s great!”

She giggled and I smiled. Gwen and I had been friends since first grade so there would be no way I would cheat on Tina with her. The way I always told people was: ‘It would probably feel like dating you sister.’ I would like to imagine that Gwen felt the same.

“So how are things between you and Tina?”

I shrugged. “Things are going pretty well. I feel like a bad person though.”

“What? Why?”

“I lied to her today about something pretty important.”

She walked in front of me and stopped. “Hold on. Why did you lie?”

I explained what happened in Mr. J’s room.

“Why the hell didn’t you tell anyone?! You could’ve gotten hurt!”

“But I didn’t. So you can’t tell a soul!”

She sighed. “This goes against everything I’ve learned as a human being.”

“So will you take it to the grave?”

She sighed once more. “Fine. I swear not to tell a soul.”

“Thanks.”

An awkward silence followed as we walked. I played with my lip ring again. Gwen started humming some of Avenged Sevenfold's songs.
We finally reached her house.

“Hey, Gwen! How was your day?” Her dad called from the kitchen.

“Pretty good. Jake’s here.”

“Oh hi Jake! How’s life?”

“Can’t complain. What are you making?”

“Chocolate chip cookies; you want some?”

“Sure.”

He grabbed a huge plate of freshly baked cookies. He handed Gwen the plate and told us to head upstairs.

Once we were in Gwen’s room, we started talking and eating the cookies.

“These are amazing!” I said after my first bite. “Your dad’s cooking will always surprise me.”

“Jake…why don’t you want Tina to know about what happened this morning?”

I sighed. “I guess I don’t know. Maybe it’s 'cause I don’t want her to worry.”

“But she’s your girlfriend. I think she deserves to know.” She examined her cookie. “I would want to know if I was your girlfriend…” She trailed off and started to nibble on the cookie she had earlier examined.

I licked the chocolate off my lip ring. I grabbed another cookie and started munching on it.

“Did you hear about the science test on Monday?”

“Yeah and I’m not really worried about it.”

Gwen had terrible test anxiety and always worried about tests. “What? Why?”

“Something tells me that I don’t need to worry. Like…I’m not going to take it or something.” She said wearily.

“Well…that’s interesting.”

She only nodded and continued nibbling on her cookie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title: Say Hey(I Love You) by Michael Franti & Spearhead