Status: One-Shot, baby.

Hardcore Puppy Love

S'all

If ever there was a quote to describe Peter Lewis Kingston Fucking Wentz, it was from the mouth of seventeen year old Mila Talmadge.

She was a funny girl, and Patrick always had an ear out for what might come out of her next. But today she was a funny girl on a rant, talking about ‘love’ or the bullshit everyone mistook for it.

“Yeah, all these dumbass kids, they say they love each other and they want to get married. Really? Shit dude, wake the fuck up! It’s just hardcore puppy love.” She scoffed at the couples holding hands and looking into each others eyes like they didn’t need to see where to walk.

People laughed around Mila. Most of those who laughed were guilty of it themselves, hell even Mila had been. People get caught up in the moment, y’know?

But Patrick had a perfect example of Mila’s remark. It came immediately to his mind.

Pete.

Pete was the pretty boy. The one with all the girls’ mouths on the floor. He had the hair and the face and the attitude.

If he wasn’t so smooth, you could’ve called him a whore.

But Pete knew how to get what he wanted.

First impressions were Pete’s thing; look good, have ‘em laughing, and leave ‘em wanting more. From then on it was his charm. Pretty smiles and pretty conversation. Hook, line, and sinker.

Unfortunately, Patrick knew all too well.

Of course, Patrick-the-third-wheel-Stump would know about all about Pete’s love life. Being his best friend was great if you liked being reminded everyday that girls don’t want you, they want your son-of-a-whore best friend. But Patrick didn’t really mind that part.

The part he minded was being there while Pete charmed ‘em, hearing about when he banged ‘em, and having to hide his laughter when he left ‘em. Well… he minded everything but the last part.

Maybe the only thing that kept Patrick from tearing all of his hair out and really giving himself a reason to wear a hat all the time, was that he knew Pete never really loved any of those girls. But he thought he did.

Oh, Pete wasn’t the hit-n-run type of guy. Well, maybe that was part of it-- he was a teenage boy. He cared, but it wasn’t the right type of care.

Ugh, Patrick didn’t know how to explain it… it was like Pete was trying too hard to find someone. He could have anyone he wanted-- but he could never find it. So he was looking everywhere.

And all Patrick ever wanted to do was tell him Right here! I’m right here!.

Psh. Yeah.
There’s an idea. Patrick Stumph and Peter Wentz could only happen in the wildest of Patrick’s fantasies or one of the jokes that came out of Joe Trohman’s mouth.
Never gonna happen.

And Patrick was okay to leave those kinds of things to his imagination.

Or so he thought.

He thought he’d be okay keeping to himself, but Pete could be so damn obnoxious! Fuck!!

Times like these, when Pete was going on and on about a girl he was testing out. He was trying her on like a pair of pants, and Patrick knew he’d just toss her away because she didn’t fit right. But that didn’t mean Pete was gonna stop.

He’d gloat, he’d bitch, he’d swoon, he’d whine. He’d never stop.

And one day, to be totally cliché, Patrick fucking snapped. “Shut the hell up Pete! Damn, you know you don’t love her or anything like that.”

Pete glanced up at him in confusion, distracted mid-thought from a girl he couldn’t remember the name of but was sure he’d marry. “What?”

Patrick scoffed and lifted his hat to run a hand through his hair. “You don’t really love her, it’s just hardcore puppy love.”

“You been hanging out with Mila?” Pete raised an eyebrow.

Patrick licked his lips. “Well yeah, but she’s fucking right.”

Pete got up out of his chair to face Patrick, who was sitting on the kitchen counter. “What the hell is your problem man?” He crossed his arms.

Patrick gripped the edge of the counter tightly with both hands, now that he was telling everything he thought about Pete’s love life it was like he was forcing it out. He didn’t think it’d be this hard.

“I just think you’re trying too hard to fall in love.” Patrick mumbled looking at his lap. “I wish you wouldn’t” He dared to look up at Pete, who still had raised eyebrows.

“You sound jealous.” He smirked as Patrick blushed.

“Shit, jealous? N--no, man, I--I just w--want--ted to uh--”

Pete got a little closer as Patrick stuttered and silenced him wholly with one hand on Patrick’s thigh. Words stopped falling from Patrick’s mouth but the color didn’t leave his cheeks as he stared at Pete’s hand and finally realized the proximity of his body. Pete was practically between his legs.

“You’re right.” Pete admitted almost grudgingly. His eyes were also on his hand. “But not the way you think.”

Patrick bit his lip, “What d’you mean?” He was still completely entranced by the boy in front of him, so close.

“Well, I guess at first that’s what I was trying to do.” Pete cocked his head, actually looking into Patrick’s eyes. “But I realized that I wasn’t gonna find what I wanted that way, and that’s where you went wrong.” He straightened his tight black hoodie, getting more comfortable, obviously nervous with this revelation.

And Patrick had never seen him this nervous. Of course, Pete was trying to play it off with a cool attitude, but his nerves were showing through. His hand went farther up Patrick’s thigh, to his hip where it rested. His free hand was placed on Patrick’s other leg, making Patrick suck in his breath.

“It started becoming about making you jealous. Because I wasn’t going to find what I wanted anywhere else but with you.”

If anyone else would’ve said that, Patrick would have burst out in laughter at the damn cliché of it, the cheese. But Pete had said it-- to him!

So Patrick took the opportune moment to lean in, closing the short distance Pete had made between them, gripping the back of Pete’s neck, and firmly pressing his lips to the darker haired boys.

It was the most gutsy thing Patrick thought he’d ever done in his life.

Pete came a little closer, really between Patrick’s legs now, not pulling away as Patrick might have thought he’d do.

Because even through his admittance, Patrick thought Pete might reject him. Not that he would’ve let Pete out of that kiss.

But eventually Patrick’s lungs started burning with the need to breathe, having completely forgot about even trying to breathe through his nose. He broke away from Pete, but stayed close.

Pete gave a chuckle that sounded incredulous. “I’m so glad you’re not pushing me away right now.” He mumbled, leaning up to press his lips against Patrick’s once more. Patrick smiled into it.

He wasn’t sure whether his feelings for Pete were just hardcore puppy love, or something more. They sure as hell felt like something more. He’d only been fantasizing and wishing and hoping forever. But who could tell? Now he could have the chance to find out.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, the whole "Hardcore puppy love thing" was really something that my friend had said as response to a prompt in drama club. it was simple but true, and it stuck with me.