Status: Writing in process...

Faulty Affection

Chapter 1. No Regrets

Sometimes I wish none of this had ever happened. That I’d never met Pierce. Of course I loved him. And we had wonderful times together, but I hated the idea of hurting him. This would happen eventually though, right? Better to have it done with now, than just build up more pain later.

I gently cradled my cell phone in my hands. I had called Pierce and asked him to meet me up at the botanical park. He of course agreed and said he’d be there in ten minutes. I dropped my phone into the light gray glove box, and put my hands on the wheel. Even as I gripped the wheel of my truck, my hands wouldn’t stop shaking. After inhaling deeply, I put the car into drive and headed towards the park. The sky was painted a dull gray. The forecast had said it would rain today, but with all of the thoughts I had running through my head, I didn’t manage to grab an umbrella. Getting wet was the least of my worries.As I parked my truck, I ran my fingers through my hair shakily.

“How am I suppose to do this?” I whispered to myself.

“Josie!” someone yelled.

I quickly pulled my head off of the steering wheel, seeing Pierce with that goofy grin on his face. He was standing in the rain with his purple ducks umbrella. I tried to smile back at him. The muscles in my face just couldn’t form the lie. As I stepped out of my truck, he quickly ran over with his umbrella.

“Hey babe!” He said cheerily.

He lightly kissed my cheek. I could feel his breath warm my icy skin. My dark brown eyes met his light blues. Seeing his smile, I could feel tears beginning to prick my eyes. The heat of a sob in my throat.

“C’mon.” I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the magnolia trees.

“What is it angel?” he asked.

I bit my lip, feeling the tears began to trickle down my face.

“Don’t call me that.” My voice was a raspy whisper.

“What?” he said, I could hear the concern in his voice.

He lightly touched my arm. '

“Don’t touch me!” I yelled.

I whipped out from under the umbrella and looked at his eyes. He was confused and hurt. It worsened my pain, knowing that I put those emotions on his face.

“Josie what’s wrong?”

I leaned my head back and let the rain fall on my face as I took a ragged breath.

“I can’t do this anymore.”

“What do you mean?” He replied.

His face had gone from confusion to panic. I tried to calm myself with another breath, but I could’ve taken a thousand breaths. Nothing was going to calm me. I walked back over to him. I put his hands in mine.

“This! Pierce I love you, more than you’ll ever know! But I can’t do this anymore!”

“I don’t understand, why?”

“Pierce..I just…I” I gently sighed.

It felt like it took all the muscles in my body to look in his eyes.

“Don’t call me. Don’t try to find me. I don’t want to see you ever again.” I said it in the calmest way I could.

His hands went limp, and I let them slip from mine.

“I don’t want you anymore Pierce.”

I stood staring at him for a moment, and then walked back to my car. Don’t turn around. Don’t turn around. I stood at my car door. Trying to see my key through blurry eyes. Don’t look at him. Don’t look at him. As if on cue my head turned and I saw him. The umbrella was on the ground. Rain matted his hair. He had fallen to his knees, and he just looked at me. His mouths formed silent sobs. I touched the heart necklace around my neck. Finish him off. I looked into his eyes, from the couple of yards between us. My gentle touch changed to a grip, and I ripped the necklace from my neck. I allowed it to fall from my hand. I mouthed let me go. And then I got into my vehicle, and drove away. I only got twelve miles from the park before I had to pull over from the wrenching sobs. I screamed and moaned from the ripping sensation in my chest. I could feel the pain but I knew inside that it was my fault. I made this decision. So why did it hurt so badly.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first story in a very long time. A big thanks to hurricane eyes. for helping me touch up my writing. It's going to be confusing but you guys are smart and should have it figured out by chapter 3. Chapter 1 and 2 are just kind of letting you know needed details. So bear with me! If there's any confusion let me know. ;)
Or if there's any aspect that's completely annoying tell me so I can do better. I like constructive criticism! :)