Status: Rewritten, let me know what you think!!

A Library Romance

Chapter Twenty-Two

This morning started with a headache. Last night, after Antonio had brought me home, I’d stayed up for two hours, bawling my eyes out. My life is ruined now. Pretty well everyone I associate with was at that party; and now they’re probably really grossed out. Sure, nobody bothered me before even though they knew I was gay, but they’d never actually seen me doing something gay. School on Monday will be horrible. I’ve never had to fight for myself before, but I might have to now.

I’m glad that work is really slow this morning. It gives me a chance to think; think about what I’ll do at school on Monday, think about if and how I should talk to Adlar. He does technically still work here, too, even though he didn’t come in this morning.

I don’t blame Adlar for not coming in today. He’s probably just as confused as I am. I mean, obviously not about his sexuality or his feelings for me, but probably about my feelings for him. Maybe he never caught on to my feelings for him, or maybe he didn’t think there was ever a possibility of me liking him; which is absolutely crazy. How could someone not have feelings for someone with such a beautiful face and wonderful personality?

All these thoughts plague my mind for hours as people come in and out of the store. I see book after book pass through my hands, smell many smells I’d rather not smell, and hear voices of people that are forgotten as soon as they’re out of sight. The entire day is a depressing blur.

Finally four o’clock comes to a screeching halt. As soon as the last person is out the door I turn over the ‘Closed’ sign, and then head back towards the shelves to put away all the books that had been left out over the day.

As I stand in the back of the store, in the dark and quiet, I realize how mundane I’ve allowed my life to become. I’m only seventeen, and yet I work every day of the week in a quiet, little book store. I’ve always done things that allow me to be comfortable. But if I do everything that’s comfortable, then I’ll never get to do the things that I want to do in my life; like go back to Italy for a year, or write a book, or find someone to spend the rest of my life with.

I shouldn’t be regretting the things I do. The things I do, and the things I feel, and the things I want; those are what make me who I am. I shouldn’t hide that. I should have told Adlar how I felt about him from the beginning. If I told him then I could have avoided my entire depressed phase about whether he was or wasn’t. He could have just told me himself and I could have stopped worrying.

The sound of the door opening breaks me from my thoughts. Who could be coming here? It’s already 5:30; the place has been closed for an hour and a half.

“Sorry, but we’re closed!” I yell from the back, listening for the sound of retreating footsteps or the door closing.

Nothing. After a moment of silence, the footsteps move again. I look over to the end of the aisle as the footsteps, along with their owner, come in to view.

“Adlar?”

My heart skips a beat at the sight of him. He’s wearing a crisp, black suit; probably Armani. I knew he’d look fantastic in a suit, although it is quite dishevelled. His hair is messy. His chest is rising as he pants. His face and neck are moist with sweat. He looks as if he just ran here. Before my brain even has the time to process that Adlar is here, looking amazing as always, he’s crossed the distance between us and is pressing me against the bookcase with his lips on mine.

What the fuck?!

Adlar slowly pulls his lips away from mine. My breath comes out shakily as his eyes stare in to mine. Neither of us can figure out what to say. He just kissed me on his own will. He wanted to kiss me! I can’t help myself from pulling him closer and laying my lips on his again.

I wind my fingers through Adlar’s hair as his hips continue to press me against the bookcase. Our tongues finally meet and it’s the most amazing sensation in the world. His mouth tastes like mint toothpaste. It’s the greatest kiss I’ve ever had. Our tongues fight for dominance for a minute as our hands roam each other’s bodies.

Adlar’s lips move from mine to my neck; and as his teeth nibble and his tongue soothes, my mind goes in to a daze. My body consumes itself in the pleasure of being with Adlar. My fingers subconsciously pull at the hem of his shirt and he wastes no time in raising his arms so that I can slip it over his head.

This is the second time I’ve seen Adlar’s chest. The first time, though, I couldn’t stare at him in hunger and want like I do now. There’s nothing I want more than to press my hands against his smooth, creamy skin; and that’s exactly what I do.

Adlar’s hands slowly creep their way towards the hem of my jeans, his fingers slipping beneath the soft fabric. My breath hitches in my throat as Adlar unbuttons my shirt, his lips following his fingers.

Grabbing Adlar’s hand, I lead him to where the lounge area is, pushing him down on to the couch. I place one leg on each side of Adlar’s hips, straddling him. Adlar looks up at me in wonder and amazement and for a second I feel like maybe he thinks I’m just as beautiful as I think he is.

I place my lips against the warm skin of Adlar’s neck. As I take his ear lobe between my teeth, his breath hitches in his throat and his fingers dig in to my jean-covered hips. Adlar’s hands become a frenzied mess as they struggle to undo the button pulled taut by the stretched fabric. I raise myself from his lap, standing in front of him in order to make it easier for him.

Once Adlar has the button undone and the zipper down, he looks up at me nervously. I smile lightly down at him in hopes of comforting him. Adlar closes his eyes and licks his lips for a moment before he slowly pulls down my jeans along with my boxers. I kick off my shoes and socks and the bunched up fabric of the jeans and underwear.

I stand awkwardly in front of Adlar whose eyes are still sealed shut. Placing my finger under his chin I move his face up to look at mine. Adlar opens his eyes slowly and after looking me in the eyes for a few moments, he slowly skims his way down my body, breathing quickly and shallowly.

“You’re beautiful,” Adlar whispers, the first thing he’s said this entire time.

A wide smile crosses my face. That was the greatest thing he could have ever said to me. “So are you.”

Adlar stands up with me, placing his hands on my chest. I stay still, allowing him to explore my body, knowing that this is probably the first time he’s ever touched a man. His fingers skim through the hair on my chest and continue down my treasure trail. Adlar’s thumbs trace the ‘V’ of my hip bones, following them to my back. His hands wander upwards, feeling the strong muscles of my shoulders and spine, until his hands hesitantly roam over the hard muscles of my ass. Adlar never ventures to the one area I wish he would. I don’t want to make him uncomfortable.

Adlar clears his throat, “We probably shouldn’t be doing this here.”

Suddenly I remember that we’re still in the book store. This is definitely not the kind of place Adlar and I should be naked together. I chuckle lightly at how carried away we allowed ourselves to become.

“Do you want to come to my place?” I ask, “No one will be home ‘til later tonight.”

Adlar gets a nervous look on his face and he becomes shaky as his eyes start darting from side to side.

“We don’t have to do anything that you’re not comfortable with, Adlar,” I take his hand in mine.

Adlar calms a little and nods his head as he smiles lightly, “Okay, let’s go.”

Ten minutes later, Adlar and I walk through the front door of my big, empty house. It’s only seven o’clock and I realize that I haven’t eaten all day.

“Are you hungry?” I ask Adlar quietly.

It’s still a little awkward between us since neither of us have really talked to each other about what happened at the bookstore. Adlar takes a seat on a stool at the island, watching me search the cupboards to figure out what we could have.

“Ya, okay.”

“Do you like heat?” I ask Adlar.

“Um, I don’t really know, we don’t have too much hot food at our place,” Adlar says, sounding interested.

“Then you are in for a treat,” I smile at him, “Penne all’arrabbiata.”

“Can I help?” Adlar asks.

“Ya, sure,” I shrug, heading over to the pantry and taking out red onions and garlic, “You can chop these, and it doesn’t have to be perfect either.”

I pass Adlar the chopping board and he stands behind me, chopping at the island. I grab a sauté pan and begin heating the olive oil and boiling the water for the penne. When Adlar finishes with the garlic and onion, I tell him to pour it in to the pan and then to chop up a tomato in to small pieces. By the time Adlar’s done with the tomato, the garlic has turned a beautiful golden color and I get him to pour that in to the pan as well.

“Now what do we do?” Adlar asks.

“We just let it cook for about twenty minutes, ‘til the penne is done.”

“That’s it?” Adlar asks in amazement.

“That’s it,” I smile.

I season it with a little bit of salt though, for flavour, and a bit of crushed peppers for a little extra heat.

“Mm, smells good,” Adlar says hungrily, “I didn’t know you could cook.”

“Oh, dear Adlar,” I chuckle, shaking my head, “I’m Italian, of course I know how to cook.”

Adlar smiles and chuckles as well. After about ten minutes I add the penne to the boiling water. Five minutes later, I stir the penne in to the sauce. Adlar watches over my shoulder curiously.

“Can you grab me the bag of fresh basil from the pantry, please?” I ask as I divide the pasta on to two plates.

Adlar retrieves the basil and I sprinkle a bit on top of the pasta, placing it on the table. I pour two cups of milk as well for us and take out the cannoli mami made yesterday for dessert.

“Oh, I don’t need milk, thanks,” Adlar says as he sits at the table, grabbing his fork.

“Trust me, you want milk.”

Adlar simply shrugs and starts eating as I sit down beside him. I watch, awaiting his reaction. Adlar makes a moaning noise from the back of his throat that takes my mind back to the book store.

“Nico, this is so good!” he says animatedly, “I’m having supper here everyday.”

“Thanks,” I smile, finally having a bite for myself.

I notice that Adlar is fanning his mouth a bit. He looks over at me and says, “This is hot.”

I laugh, “That’s why you want milk.”

After we’re done eating supper, I take away the dirty plates and come back with two clean pie plates with a cannoli for each of us.

“Really, Nico?” Adlar whines exasperatedly, rubbing his stomach, “I don’t think I can fit in anymore.”

“Once you taste it, you’ll find room for it,” I laugh.

Another couple minutes later, Adlar and I clean up the mess we made in the kitchen and decide to head up to my room. We both groan as we climb the two flights of stairs just to get to my room. Once we get there, we fall heavily on to the bed, still holding our stomachs. After a minute of silence, I sit up on the bed, grab my stereo remote and press play on my iPod. Adlar sits up with me, nodding his head to the music.

“What was it called that you made us again?” he asks suddenly.

“Penne all’arrabbiata.”

Adlar smiles, “Again.”

“Penne all’arrabbiata,” I repeat, confused.

Adlar’s smile widens, “That sounds so sexy.”

I laugh, shoving him lightly in the chest. I look over at my clock, noticing it’s eight now. Everyone should be home by eleven tonight.

“So what time is it in Italian?” Adlar asks.

Le otto,” I translate.

“And what’s sexy in Italian?”

Attraente.”

Adlar makes a low, growling noise in the back of his throat as he grabs my shirt and presses his lips to mine hungrily. It doesn’t take long this time for our clothes to come off. Adlar and I continuously fight for dominance. We roll around on the bed, our naked bodies pressed together as we continue to kiss and explore each other. I take Adlar’s nipple between my teeth lightly and his back arches off the bed.

We lie in bed naked for close to an hour, simply touching and kissing and grinding against each other. Neither of us wants to go too far just yet. Adlar once again flips me on to my back. After an hour of being hard, my dick is beginning to ache. I can tell Adlar is thinking the same, as he stares in to my eyes with lust.

I trail my hand down Adlar’s chest and stomach slowly, making sure he’s okay with what goes on. We have yet to touch each other in the most intimate way. I didn’t want to make Adlar uncomfortable. He’s never touched another male, and has never been touched by one. The last thing I want is for Adlar to become frightened and leave.

As my hand makes contact with the hot and smooth skin of Adlar’s dick, his chest rises as he gasps, his mouth widening. His hips move to meet my hand, encouraging me to continue. He places his head in the crook of my neck, placing little kisses and nips on my neck and shoulder as his hips grind lightly against my hand. After a couple minutes, Adlar once again looks me in the eye, becoming more comfortable. A small moan leaves his lips as he kisses me forcefully. He braces his legs beneath him and then suddenly takes my dick in his hand.

“Oh, God,” I gasp, as my back arches off the bed.

Adlar pumps me quickly and with the perfect amount of pressure. Sensing his need for more, I grip his dick a little harder and pump him a little quicker. Adlar and I become a moaning, groaning mass of limbs all tangled together as we grind against each other’s hands, kissing each other forcefully.

After ten minutes, Adlar’s hand and hips become sloppy and out of sync. Both he and I begin to mutter curse words under our breath. The burning from my dick increases quickly and spreads from my toes to my fingers as Adlar and I both moan loudly. Adlar once again places his head in the crook of my neck, his hot breath hitting my ear and causing my orgasm to build all the more.

“Oh, God, Nico,” Adlar moans quietly in my ear right before he cums.

“Fuck, Adlar,” I moan a little more loudly as I follow him.

Him saying my name is what set me off. I’ve never heard my name sound more beautiful before in my life. Adlar collapses on top of me, our cum squished between our stomachs. We continue to kiss softly for a minute, basking in the pleasure of our orgasms. Once our breathing returns back to normal I grab a dirty shirt from my laundry hamper and clean us off. Returning back to the bed, Adlar and I fall asleep in each other’s arms.