‹ Prequel: Never Forget...
Sequel: Absolute Control.

My Secret...

"Mom & Dad aren't the same"

Bailey had Kristen and I wait down stairs as he went to talk with his dad, Damien.

"Wow." Kristen breathed out, her eyes literally bulging out of her head as she looked around.

"I know right? I'm fortunate they actually like me...or they just love Bailey enough." I shrugged.

"What do you mean?" She asked, turning her attention to me.

"I get a vibe that I'm not entirely welcome." I confessed.

"Trust me, you're welcome here." We both heard and shifted out attention to Bailey's mom. "My son has good taste in friends."

"Thank you." I smiled and shifted nervously.

"Laramor, correct?" She asked with furrowed brows.

"Laramor?" Kristen repeated with a brow raised.

"Who?" I retorted.

"What is your name then?" She inquired when Jack appeared.

"Leave the boy alone, Madeline." He demanded and waved her out of the room.

"Laramor is?" I asked him and he put a hand up.

"Don't question; you and Bailey need to inform us where you're going at all times. That was very rude of-who are you?" He snapped his attention to Kristen, immediately she sat up straight.

"I-I'm Kristen." She stuttered.

"Go outside, there will be a car there to escort you home." He hissed and she quickly stood up, gave me an awkward hug then rushed out.

"How did you do that?" I questioned with narrowed eyes.

"You'll find out things soon enough, until then I don't want any problems while you stay here. Any evil thoughts will not be acted out or severe punishments will follow, understood?" He threatened when Bailey came in.

"Grandpa!" Bailey yelled with narrowed eyes. Jack stood up, sent me another look then left the room without another word. "Sorry, he's superstitious. You'll get used to him."

"Bailey, keep everything between us." Damien called and Bailey winced, turned and weakly smiled.

"Of course, father." He answered then turned back to me. "Lets go."

~*~

The next morning I was woken up quiet nicely actually, a maid came in with breakfast, and I got a shower to myself. For a moment I forgot where I was.

"So what vehicle are we taking?" I asked with a weak smile as I came down stairs.

"Eh we'll take yours." Bailey shrugged, his eyes reading over a booklet.

"I don't have my motorcycle." I sighed, causing him to laugh.

"You have that new Grey car, remember?" Bailey reminded, part of me actually thought he was kidding.

"I can't accept that, man. I can tell your grandpa doesn't like me." I pointed out and Bailey scoffed.

"That old fart just has a hair up his ass sometimes." He chuckled when he heard a low growl, he quickly put the book away and grabbed my arm leading me out.

"The walls have ears here, huh?" I mused and he nodded.

"Sometimes they even have a mouth to reply." He joked and I joined in the laughter. We both got inside the car and I started it up, we sped off to the school causing a big commotion.

"Nice car, Luke!" They cheered as both Bailey and I walked down the halls.

"Apparently even the jocks will start liking us." Bailey groaned and I agreed with a frustrated expression.

"We already had the freaks at hello." I laughed when Kristen caught up to us.

"Do you know how much attention I get now? And it isn't the good kind." She whined, all the girls around glaring at her.

"They're just jealous." I assured and she shook her head, then gave me a hand out. I looked it over and furrowed my brows, they're saying Kristen is a slut doing us both.

"Don't let them bother you." Bailey mumbled and snatched the handout then ripped it up.

"I'm used to being a no body, now look at this everyone knows me." She sighed then glared at us both.

"Hey, we're you're best friends." I defended and she nodded.

"I know." She hung her head low and followed us like she usually does. We all went to homeroom and sat down, the class stared at us for half the time then went to their usual conversations.

"Nice ride." Our teacher commented then went to the front of the class. "Alright, get something out to do or go outside and work."

~*~

First period wasn't any better, Kristen was being stared and glared at. I was being cheered upon and the teacher's even heard about it, except this teacher was the pathetic one. I took in a deep breath and stared outside the window, noticing the clouds forming outside.

"Think we're going to get rain?" A random girl proposed with a smile.

"Maybe?" I shrugged, not particularly caring for the conversation. Maxine came inside with a distraught look, like she's lost or something.

"Stephen didn't show up for school today, so I had to walk." She sighed while taking a seat next to me.

"However are you going to manage?" I teased, then we both realized we didn't live together anymore and sighed.

"I miss you at the house." She nonchalantly admitted while looking away.

"I miss being there..." I trailed off, my eyes going in the opposite direction as hers.

"Mom and dad aren't the same." She continued and I shrugged.

"They're the ones that kicked me out." I reminded and she nodded.

"Maybe you can come visit?" She proposed with a smile.

"Not any time soon." I answered.

"I understand." She frowned when the teacher continued with another lecture.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwww... they're soo formal, Lucas and Maxine :p