‹ Prequel: Never Forget...
Sequel: Absolute Control.

My Secret...

"I think I know what you're for now."

PE came around and Lenard's locker was on the other side of the locker room, leaving me alone with Bailey.

"Who's the new guy?" Bailey grumbled as he changed. At first I ignored him and then gave in.

"Some dude named Lenard, he's pretty cool." I shrugged and slipped my shirt over my head.

"I'm sorry for earlier." He apologized and turned to me. "My dad's being a dick, and there's things going on with me that I don't understand."

"Like?" I furrowed my brows and stared intensely at him.

"Pain." He whispered and stared at his hands. "I wasn't supposed to go to school today, but I sped off anyways."

"What do you mean?" I questioned and he shrugged his shoulders.

"It'll happen to you too, they said it will." He frowned.

"What will?" I became annoyed that he wouldn't just come out with it.

"Ugh." He groaned and held his stomach, I furrowed my brows and stared him down. "Damn it!"

"Bailey!" I called after him as he bolted down the locker rooms and headed to the showers, he locked the door and all I heard was his yelling.

"Is everything okay?" Lenard asked, appearing next to me.

"Yeah." I mumbled and turned to him. "Mind giving us some privacy?"

"Sure." He nodded before walking away, I grabbed a hair pin and picked the lock, then shut it behind me. Bailey laid there, scratching at his arms. His eyes a bright green, his veins almost popping out.

"Bailey?" I whispered, the water was running steaming hot.

"Leave." He growled and slammed his head back against the wall.

"Bro, what's going on?" I ignored his demand and knelt down next to him.

"I'm not your bro." He spat.

"Fine, Cuz." I corrected myself and sent him a concerned look.

"It's the secret..." He whispered, his blood shot eyes shifting to mine.

"Secret?" I repeated.

"Our family...secret?" He reminded and I nodded.

"Anything I can do?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Naw it's passing now." He weakly chuckled and stood up, turned the water off then left the showers. I watched him and stayed put for a few minutes. "You coming?"

"Yeah." I mumbled and got up, then went to my locker, dried off and finished changing in my PE clothes.

~*~

"What took you guys so long?" Kristen complained, standing outside alone.

"Nothing." Bailey mumbled and turned away, his eyes showing more green.

"Nothing?" She repeated with a skeptical expression.

"Yes, now shut up." He growled and immediately she shut her mouth.

"Damn." Lenard appeared with his brows raised.

"Oh Bailey, this is Lenard. Lenard, Bailey." I introduced and Bailey rolled his eyes in the other direction.

"What's his problem?" Lenard asked with furrowed brows.

"Long story." I mumbled and stared at my feet.

"Lucas." Her voice rang from behind, I turned around with a weak smile as Tabanca stood there with intense eyes.

"Hey guys, mind?" I asked with a smile. Kristen rolled her eyes, Bailey shrugged and grabbed Kristen's arm leading her away, but Lenard shook his head.

"Lets go some where private." Tabanca hissed, while narrowing her eyes at Lenard. I shrugged and followed her, both of us walking around the basket ball courts. "I want to apologize."

"Oh." I murmured while staring at the sky.

"I shouldn't have blown up for no reason." She continued.

"It's all good, Tab. You've been hurt, I understand." I nodded with a smile.

"You're nothing like your father." She assured.

"I hope not." I retorted and rubbed the back of my neck.

"You have a lot of your mom's personality in you though." She giggled.

"I wouldn't know." I shrugged and stared at the floor.

"You haven't met her yet?" She frowned.

"Nope." I lightly chuckled. "But it's all good."

"It's not all good, she's an amazing lady that put up with a lot for your better interest and those bastards couldn't let you see her? Not once?" She snapped with narrowed eyes.

"Calm down, Tab." I noticed her shaking and wrapped my arms around her. At first she tensed up, then she cuddled in me.

"I think I know what you're for now." She smiled.

"What?" I returned the smile.

"I'm supposed to love a Demoncre." She stared in my eyes, so much beauty behind hers. I was speechless and simply pulled her closer to me. It's better than her killing me, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
awwwwww :)