‹ Prequel: Never Forget...
Sequel: Absolute Control.

My Secret...

"I'm sending my son on this one"

After our shower, I grabbed clothes and changed.

"I sure hope it grows when you're happy." She teased with only a towel around her, her hair surprisingly not dirty blond but dark brown when wet.

"Of course it does." I chuckled but she reminded me so much of Maxine. I frowned and glanced away with a sigh.

"What's the matter?" Surprisingly her voice was filled with concern.

"Nothing. Don't you care about who you're with?" I inquired, slowly shifting my eyes to hers.

"No." She flatly answered and looked away.

"I'm sure you have to care in the least bit?" That's when I realized Tabanca was right, my grammar is becoming better as well as my posture. I glanced at the clothes, black Dickie's and a button up shirt.

"Why are you looking at those clothes like that?" She changed the topic and stared in my eyes. I shook my head and laughed, tossing the pants and button up shirt away.

"No reason." I grinned, grabbing a pair of faded jeans and black "Pantera" shirt.

"They wont like you wearing that." She said, shifting her eyes to my shirt then back to me.

"I know." I mused and slipped some shoes on.

"You don't care huh?" She rose a single brow and smiled.

"Gee, what gave you that idea?" I sarcastically retort and grabbed my white sweater.

"Cold?" She asked.

"Always." I simply reply before leaving the room, and headed to the office where everyone else is.

~*~

"I'm sending my son." I walked in to hear my dad say.

"Which one?" Jeremiah replied.

"The newest arrival." My father answered and shifted his attention to me with a smile.

"What am I doing?" I yawned, closing the door behind me and grabbed a muffin off the table.

"You're going to take this person out." He grinned and slid a picture across the table of a guy around my age.

"Who is he?" I asked and took a bite of the muffin.

"Never get attached, just know his first name is Ronald." He advised and I nodded. Grabbed the picture with all the information and sighed.

"By myself?" I suggested and he shook his head.

"Nope." He turned as a guy walked by. "Oliver show him the ropes like we've showed you."

"Okay." This 'Oliver' dude nodded and walked past me. I rolled my eyes, grabbed the stuff, and followed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Remember when Oliver was a wee one? lol a beginner? hahaha now look at him, teaching Lucas. :p