‹ Prequel: Never Forget...
Sequel: Absolute Control.

My Secret...

"Declare war against us?"

I didnt feel the greatest, I felt really bad for Maxine. I took in a deep breath as I laid in bed, when I noticed Rainee standing there with a shake of her head.

"Wow, you really are pathetic." She scoffed, a roll of her eyes she glanced out the window.

"What do you want?" I snarled, slowly sitting up.

"I came here because...never mind, it's stupid." She sighed and glanced at me before starting for the door.

"No, tell me." I stared at her with question, what did she want.

"I need help getting to the back room, I need someone to lift me up." She quietly murmured under her breath.

"To lift you up?" I rose a brow.

"There's a room with a huge vent, I can hear her." She quickly shut her mouth and furrowed her brows.

"Her?" I asked and she shook her head. "Look if I'm going to help you, then I need all the details I can get."

"I know. It's just, I think you need to see for yourself." She weakly smiled and glanced at the door. "I'll be back later."

"Lucas, you awake now?" Rainee quickly slipped in the closet as Nathaniel entered the room.

"Yeah." I answered with a grin.

"That was crazy, I mean Bailey and them are pretty upset for being set up. They're in trouble with the elders." Nathaniel shrugged.

"Elders?" I rose a brow.

"The Demoncre Elders, Bailey's grandfather..." He answered and I made a big O with my mouth.

"Yes, I know them." I rolled my eyes. "They're here?"

"Yep." Nathaniel chuckled. "So, do you think Blake is going to declare war against us with that Gabriel guy?"

"He'd be stupid too. He just got the Demoncre's to be on one side, to start war now would be dumb." I explained.

"Unless he had a good reason for it?" He suggested with a raised brow.

"An evil plan? Hmmm. I'm not sure, I don't know this family very well." I didn't put the idea completely away, it could be true.

"I know about them, Mathias is a very deceiving man. I wonder if he set Monique up with you, to get information?" Nathan thought aloud.

"What? No." I shook my head. "Don't think ill of my love."

"I'm just saying, watch out." He growled and opened the door. "Don't forget, there's some dinner tonight."

"Great." I rolled my eyes and he nodded before leaving.

"Sounds like you have a big thing going on yourself?" Rainee came out with a smile.

"Yeah, I was a dumbass and some how got us to stay here for a week." I retorted then looked at her with furrowed brows. "But don't mind that."

"They wanted you to stay, regardless of what you did." She answered before heading towards the door.

"What do you mean? What do you know?" I jumped from the bed.

"I know you're naked, and I am Blake's date, remember?" She winked and left the room. I narrowed my eyes and grabbed a sheet to wrap myself in.

~*~

Later that night, Rainee returned to my room and we snuck down the halls. It was about three hours till dinner, from what Rainee told me and awkwardly we made a good team. I lifted her up as she opened the vent and went inside.

"What are you doing in here?" Blake entered the room causing me to jump slightly.

"Looking around." I innocently answered. "You?"

"This is my office." He was on defense, looking around with narrowed eyes.

"I hadn't known." I sincerely said, glancing around the room myself. I couldnt leave Rainee up there.

"Dinner is in an hour." I wasn't sure if this was his way of trying to politely excuse me from the room, but I wasn't budging.

"Blake." Monique entered the room then shifted her attention to me. "Oh."

"Monique." I whispered.

"What's going on?" She inquired, shifting her attention from me to Blake, Maxine surprisingly was at her side and for a split second I noticed she glanced at the vents then turned her attention back to me.

"Just looking around." I innocently answered.

"You guys annoy me." Blake growled. "I'm going to find, Rainee."

"Get your act together, Laramor." Monique demanded, Maxine walked out with Blake then Monique left. As soon as Monique left the room and it was just me, the vent opened and Rainee came falling down with it slamming shut after her.

"We'll have to do this mission later, early in the morning." She spoke out of breath in my arms, our faces inches apart. I snapped out of my trance and put her back on the floor.

"What mission?" I questioned.

"I told you, you'll have to see. I'll lift you up, then once you're up you can pull me up, and then I'll show you." She called over her shoulder and rushed out of the room. I rolled my eyes and slowly started walking out of the room, but before looking over my shoulder at the vents with confusion.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the hella long wait... my bf & I aren't doing so good... :( 8months and it's just... *sighs* anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter... sorry again for the late updates...