‹ Prequel: Never Forget...
Sequel: Absolute Control.

My Secret...

Lynni.

~*~ Lynni's POV ~*~

I finished highschool, I was so amazed! The thought of finally becoming an adult was kind of scary but the rush was so ahhh!!! I pranced around the house in my cap and gown after the ceremony.

"Hey, Lynni come on!" My friend hollered from down stairs, it was a big party going on tonight and I was invited. I quickly tossed my cap and gown over my head then grabbed my bag.

"Wait up!" I rushed to my mom's room and left the note I had previously written. My mother works late hours, she didnt make it to my ceremony. As for my father, well he's on a business trip. My little sister was home though, sleeping.

"Tonight is going to be amazing!" My best friend Beatrix boasted as we hurried into her car, I sadly couldnt afford a car right now. But hopefully my job as a reporter would fix that soon. "By the way, news kind of got out how you got to interview Lucas Demoncre!"

"What?" I groaned with disbelief, figures this was why I was even invited in the first place. I took in a deep breath to relax and then brushed it off my shoulder. "I'm going to drink their alcohol, then leave."

"Nice." Beatrix laughed as we pulled up, neither of us were popular. In fact, we were far from it. We were smart, and not the most beautiful. Not like the cheerleaders or popular crowd.

"Lynni! Hey girl what's up?!" The popular girl Cheyenne called with a sweet smile, wrapping an arm around me.

"Nothing much." I quietly answered as we walked through a house filled with people.

"Was Lucas as sexy as he is in the videos?" Another girl came up with a hopeful look.

"It was like a year ago." I laughed and she nodded.

"Regardless, I bet he's amazing." Cheyenne chimmed and offered me a drink.

We took shots that night, shot after shot, no chaser. I was completely wasted when Beatrix dropped me off at home, I'm ashamed to have gotten in the car with someone buzzing but I was far too wasted to even care.

"You never asked permission." My mom immediately growled when I walked through the door. I tried standing still, but I felt myself rocking back and forth.

"I left a note." Is what I meant to say but apparently it wasnt what I said when she rolled her eyes.

"Just go to bed. I don't have time to deal with this." She demanded, with paperwork spread out in front of her.

"I'm sorry mom." I apologized but she only muttered 'whatever' as I tried making it up the stairs on my own. After stumbling down them and laughing loudly, I quickly got back up and rushed to my room.

----

Next day, I woke up at nine am with the biggest hang over. I got dressed into nice clothing and began walking to work. My mom was already gone, and my sister was still in school. I got on the bus and finally made it to my office. Okay, so it's a small desk with a little divider but some day it would be so much better!

"Rogers! What the hell are you doing so late?" My boss came rushing around the corner, almost didnt stop in time and knocked over my stapler.

"I'm not late." I squinted to see the clock and sighed. "I thought it was nine am."

"You were due to work at seven." My boss growled with a roll of her eyes.

"My bad." I apologized and leaned over on my desk.

"Wild night?" He sarcastically inquired with no particular interest.

"Kind of, I graduated last night." I weakly brought my head up to show a smile then laid it back down.

"Well, I have a particular story for you." He didn't even congratulate me, lets just say I cant wait to get out of here into bigger news.

"Yeah?" I asked, kind of moody because my head was hurting.

"The Demoncre's are back in the states, particularly one close by. I'm sending you to do an interview on them about their up coming debut. They have a big concert they're going to be doing and I want you to see what kind of story you can dig up." He assigned me one of the most annoying assignments.

"Why?" I begged, taking him back and causing him to roll his eyes again.

"The Demoncre's dont like reporter's that are obsessed with them, and seeing as you can careless if they jumped off a building, I'm assigning this one for you." He grinned, his white teeth glowing with so much bleach. "It's a good pay, and possibly a bigger office."

"Okay." I brightened up at the idea of a bigger office, maybe he meant an actual office. I sat there looking pretty till he walked away, that's when I reached in my desk and grabbed a motrin.

"Crazy night, aye?" Beatrix walked over with her glasses on and paperwork tucked closely in her arms.

"Oh my, I was so wasted. Ha ha, my mom sent me to my room." I mused and she giggled.

"Sounds like your mom." She shook her head when Oscar walked by.

"I seen you at that party last night." He chuckled.

"Aren't you a little too old to have been invited?" Beatrix rudely dissed before walking away.

"I'm only twenty one!" He yelled over his shoulder at her, then turned his attention to me. "You downed those shots like nothing."

"Trust me, they weren't nothing." I gagged with a laugh before shutting up as my boss walked by and dropped a file on my desk. Oscar snatched it once our boss walked off and looked it over.

"Demoncre's, you're into that band?" He coughed and laid the paperwork back on my desk.

"No, our boss figures that maybe they'll take a liking to me because I dislike them so much. It'll be a change from what they're used too." I explained and he made a big "O" with his lips.

"Well watch out, they tend to make every girl fall for them. I swear it's like they have some sort of power to make people do as they order." Oscar rolled his eyes. "I was down at their manor, to interview that Bailey dude after the split with his fiancee. It was crazy some of the stuff they made me do."

"You know where they live?" I brightened up and ignored the rest of his story but that part.

"Let me guess, you need a ride?" He laughed.

"I dont mean to mooch off you or anything." I sheepishly looked at the file.

"Naw it's not mooching, as long as I get a mooch once I drop you off." He winked and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll call a cab." I stood up and looked at the paperwork while going to the water cooler.

"No, no! I'll do it. I'll do it!" He called after me. I turned with a smile.

"Thank you." With that I went to work and he went back to his desk which is awkwardly right next to mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think??? :)