‹ Prequel: Never Forget...
Sequel: Absolute Control.

My Secret...

"I'm a vegetarian"

Lynni's POV

I dressed for dinner, a spaghetti strap, really short, dangly silver dress. I walked out and down the stairs to the dinner table where everyone is dressed nicely. Lucas looked me over and noticed his brothers/family watching me and glared. He stood, excused us and yanked me by the arm out of the room.

"What the hell are you wearing?" He growled, staring me over.

"A formal dress, duh." I retorted with just as much venom.

"You look like a slut, this short thing that you dare call a formal dress." He spat and I furrowed my brows.

"I do not look like a slut!" I screamed back, and recieved a slap. I tripped over myself and held a hand to my cheek. Leaning against the wall for support. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Go change." He grabbed my arm so tightly I knew it was going to bruise. He practically drug me up with stairs and into my room. He thrust me towards the bed causing me to fall on it as he rushed to my closet, opening the door and pulled out a long sleeved mini dress. "Wear this with some black leggings."

"No." I spat, causing him to turn with a death glare.

"Now." He ordered and with that left me alone. I stood up with tears in my eyes, what the hell was that all about? I went to the dress he had dropped on the floor before leaving and picked it up, quickly changed and opened the door. "Much better."

We entered the dining room again, causing everyone to give us weird looks. I felt embarrassed now, they stared at me with confusion but I felt like it was a look of disapproval from my previous dress. Just when I thought I looked good. I sighed as I sat down and kept to myself as everyone chatted.

"So why'd you change?" Kristen questioned, she was wearing a similiar dress that I wore earlier.

"No reason." I whispered after recieving a glare from Lucas, probably a gesture to keep my mouth shut. Kristen sent him a look then rolled her eyes.

"How long is she here for?" She asked him and he shrugged.

"Not sure." He answered, and I sighed again.

"I'm thinking a week." I hoped causing Luke to laugh.

"A story within a week?" He made a 'pfft' sound then turned his attention to the food that's being placed in front of us.

"What happened to your cheek?" I turned my attention to one of Lucas' brothers.

"Hell if I know." I shrugged, lightly running my finger tips over the warm spot on my cheek.

"You dont want her story to be about how abusive you are." Nathan growled, he stared at Lucas with such disapproval that it made me feel better.

"Mind your business." Lucas immediately demanded.

"I have a feeling I'm only causing problems, I think I'm just going to pack my things." I announced and stood up, lightly placed my cloth napkin down and smiled. "I appreciate you allowing me to be here."

"We have a deal, Lynni." Luke quietly spoke from his chair.

"Yes, but I'm not going to get in the way of your family." I murmured causing him to shift his eyes to mine.

"You're not bothering anyone till now. Sit down and eat the meal the worker's prepared especially for you." He hissed causing me to immediately sit down, I didnt want to piss him off. The plate in front of me had meat causing me to send him a disgusted look.

"I'm a vegetarian." I reminded, I thought I had told him?

"You are?" Kristen brightened up at that. "I love that idea."

"It's nice." I returned her smile as my plate was replaced with a four-cheese lasagna.

"Sorry it took so long." One of the waiter's told me before hurrying off. Lucas sent him a glare as though him telling me that was too much association. What did I get myself into?

After dinner, Lucas walked me around outside.

"I dont want you to dress so provocatively next time." Lucas coughed, while staring up at the night sky.

"It wasnt even that bad." I commented and he quickly shifted his eyes to mine.

"All the guys were looking you over like you were a piece of meat." He scoffed, disagreeing with my reply.

"That's my problem, not yours." I reminded and he rolled his eyes.

"You are my problem." He answered.

"We're not together, Lucas." I hissed and he laughed.

"Yet." He chuckled with a smile.

"I would never go out with someone as abusive as you." I turned him down causing him to frown.

"I dont mean to be." He sighed. "I just dont want them looking at you, you dont know them like I do."

"Is my safety in danger?" I inquired, more being sarcastic than anything.

"If you tempt them, yes." He honestly answered, it caused a shiver down my spine and not the good kind.

"I didnt know." I mumbled. "Well, I'm sorry."

"Dont worry." He placed his hand under my chin and brought my attention to him. A small smile came across his face as he leaned forward, his lips slowly puckered up causing me to jerk away and fall back.

"Sorry, I'm just not comfortable with that." I immediately apologized as I stood up, brushing my butt off.

"Whatever." He stalked off, leaving me alone outside. I felt bad, and wondered if I should even be doing this story anymore. He was taking things so personal and I dont know if he was wanting more from this? I dont even like him...do I?
♠ ♠ ♠
hmmm what'd you guys think? Was this chapter too short?