‹ Prequel: Never Forget...
Sequel: Absolute Control.

My Secret...

"my advice; get your story and leave"

I stood outside with my arms crossed, the sleeves of my long-sleeved mini-dress curled in my hands. Taking in a deep breath, I glanced up at the sky. What did I get myself into? I closed my eyes tightly when I heard someone call my name.

"Yeah?" I sniffled, looking over my shoulder to see Nathaniel standing there.

"You okay?" He asked, slowly making his way over to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answered, quickly wiping my tears.

"You dont look fine." He sighed, standing directly in front of me. He grabbed my wrists and brought my hands down to see my face.

"I am fine." I reassured and he chuckled.

"Our family has a control issue, my advice; get your story and leave." He was on dangerous grounds, if Lucas knew he was saying this to me, I'm sure they'd fight.

"That's all I'm here for." I informed and he gave me 'the look'.

"Is that really all you're here for?" He inquired, his lips in a firm line.

"My boss made me come here. I knew it wasn't a good idea, and now look." I lightly touched my cheek and sighed. "It doesnt matter, reporters do this all the time, it gives me something in my life."

"Something in your life?" He furrowed his brows and coughed lightly. "Yeah, Andy?"

"Just seeing what's up." Their cousin Andrew came out, he glanced from Nathan to me. "Am I interrupting something?"

"No." I quickly answered with a light giggle. "I was just going inside actually."

"Oh-kay." Andy immaturely laughed.

"Thanks, Nathaniel." I quickly appreciated and headed inside. I folded my arms across my chest and walked past everyone to the stairs.

"If you need anything, I'm here." Kristen called, I lightly turned with a smile and nodded before continuing my way up the stairs. I opened my door to see Lucas sitting on my bed, with his hands clutching something in his lap.

"What's wrong?" I questioned, slowly closing the door behind me.

"My mom left this note, when she left me." He whispered, his eyes staring intensely at the folded paper in his lap.

"What?" I asked, slightly taken back by this sudden confession.

"My mom left me when I was younger, that's how I knew Maxine." He continued, slowly lifting his attention to me. "Maxine was my adopted sister, her parents took me in as their own. But, when I turned eighteen they seen the connection between her and I, then kicked me out in fear or something."

"Why are you telling me this?" I furrowed my brows, I mean it's awesome for me but it was so personal.

"You wanted a story, I'm giving you it." He stood up and dropped the note on my bed.

"You really want the world to know this?" I mumbled, shifting my eyes to the paper.

"It doesn't matter what I want... does it?" He retorted, taking me back. I shifted my eyes to his and narrowed them.

"What do you mean? Because of earlier?" I lightly growled. He lightly chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"You taking Nathan's advice?" He changed the subject, this time it's my turn to roll my eyes.

"You were listening?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I know everything that goes on in this house." It was like he was making sure I knew this, that way I'd keep myself on better behavior or something.

"He's just looking out for me." I explained, at which Lucas laughed.

"Of course that's what it is." He winked and walked past me.

"What do you want from me? I mean, you invited me here for a story, right?" I called after him, but he didnt stop walking. Instead he slowly put his hand on the door handle.

"Good night, Lynni." He mumbled and opened the door.

"You cant be mad at me for being here because of the same reason you have me here!" I screamed but he just shut the door, and with a click I heard it lock. I rushed over to it and turned the handle but sure enough, it was locked. I slammed my fist against it and growled. "I DIDN'T COME HERE FOR THIS!"

Next morning, I woke up lousy. I was tossing and turning on this incredibly soft bed, it wasn't the comfort of the bed that made it hard to sleep that was for sure. I rolled over and sighed when I noticed the door was still closed. Suddenly a click was heard and the door opened.

"You awake?" Lucas asked, he came over and stood at the edge of the bed. "Pajamas this time?"

"I dont sleep naked at other people's houses." I hissed and removed the bed sheets from me. I put my feet on the floor and stretched.

"Mi casa es su casa." He grinned and I rolled my eyes.

"What's going on for today?" I asked causing him to sigh.

"Still upset about yesterday?" He inquired when his eyes shifted to the note that's still at the edge of the bed, not touched.

"I wasn't upset." I stood and walked towards the bathroom. He caught my arm, causing me to stop and slowly face him. Our eyes connected, and he searched mine for something. A second later he released me and backed away.

"Breakfast is made, I'm sorry about the meat last night." He apologized while starring at the floor.

"Not many people know." I quietly replied and walked to the bathroom. Lucas left my bedroom so that I could finally change, he never said wear anything formal. So I grabbed some dark blue skinny jeans, with white lining, laying it on the bed with a long sleeved white shirt. I went in the bathroom and took a quick shower, coming out wrapped in a big fluffy white towel.

Lucas' POV;

After leaving her room, I went to mine. Closed my door, and turned on my television. She hadn't known that I have cameras set up throughout that whole room. I watched her cautiously walk around the bathroom, observing it. She had laid her clothes out neatly, and with admiration I watched her shower like some pervert.

It was amazing how quickly she showered, was it because she wasn't comfortable? Thoughts ran through my mind as she came in the bedroom with a big white towel wrapped around her, she glanced around looking for cameras then sighed with relief and slowly dried herself off. She put on a white bra with black stitching that was very nice, her under ware of choice was a black thong, it made me grin.

"Lucas?" I jumped at the aburpt voice at my door, clicked my television off and turned just as it opened.

"I really should start locking that." I growled when Kailen entered, the maid that's been damned to our family without the ability to age, it was sad really.

"Dont be an ass." She spat and looked around my room. "What were you doing?"

"Nothing of your concern, what do you want?" I yawned and laid back. "Shouldn't you be nicer to me?"

"It doesnt help my situation anyways." She shrugged and came inside. She made my bed, ignoring my rudeness of still laying on it.

"What happened to you anyways?" I asked and she just looked away.

"It doesnt matter." She sighed, finishing fluffing the pillow. "Is there any trash in your bathroom?"

"Nope." I answered and let her be. "Oh Kailen."

"Yes?" She stopped and turned to me with a sad expression.

"Dont associate with my guest." I ordered and she nodded.

"I've learned from last time." She assured causing me to smile.

"Thanks." I stood up and grabbed my white long sleeved shirt. "Speaking of guest."
♠ ♠ ♠
:) what do you guys think so far? I havent thought of a reason for Kailen being stuck there hahaha but oh well, it'll come some time XD