‹ Prequel: Never Forget...
Sequel: Absolute Control.

My Secret...

"Don't let Bailey get too close to him"

It was amazing, this place was huge! The circular drive was nice, and soon worker's hung around to help carry stuff in. My door was opened for me and Bailey passed his keys off to one of the waiting people.

"Man, this is the life!" I exclaimed with a grin, why was Bailey always wearing usual clothes when he could afford the best? I shrugged off many thoughts as he opened the door and we were greeted by a few family members.

"Lucas, pleasant to finally meet you." One of the older men spoke, his eyes intensely staring at me.

"Thanks." I mumbled and shifted nervously. "I'm afraid I don't know any of your names."

"I'm Jack Demoncre." The old man that originally spoke answered, again his stare was nerve wracking.

"Nice to meet you sir." I stuck my hand out to shake his but he just stared at it. Another elder man stood next to him and coughed.

"I'm David." He greeted and took my hand. I weakly smiled and shook his hand then stepped back.

"I'm sorry if I'm not welcome, I mean I wont be here long if you don't want me too. Just till I get a job and can move out." I assured and was going to bring up paying rent but really they're rich and wouldn't need it.

"Is this him?" A man hopped down the stairs with a grin, he went to Bailey and wrapped him in his arms. "Son."

"Hey Dad." Bailey laughed then shoved his dad away, his dad then turned to me and looked me over.

"The name's Damien." His dad informed with his hand out, I took his hand and he pulled me in a hug. "You're my son's best friend and I assure you nothing bad will happen."

"I didn't even think anything bad will happen, but now that you mention it." I joked and he laughed, a lady with brunette hair come down the stairs with a smile. She looked oddly familiar like from my dreams or something.

"I'm Bailey's mother, Madeline." She put her hand out and I took it with a smile.

"Nice to meet you." I nodded and lightly shook her hand. She turned to Bailey with another smile and asked him to join her in the other room. Great, I was left alone with his family.

"Who is here?" A younger girl, looking around the age twelve, called and hopped down the stairs. When she seen me she stopped and glared. "You are?"

"I'm Bailey's best friend, Lucas." I answered with a grin.

"Pleasant." She replied then turned to Bailey's dad. "I want to go get some ice cream, can you arrange a vehicle to take me?"

"Wow." I breathed at this girl's maturity, Bailey's dad nodded and soon a guy came in the room to take her to the ice cream store. How random, her dad didn't say anything and yet some guy already knew?

"Do you know why your parents kicked you out?" David questioned, his hair greying.

"They told me I was adopted and was afraid that me and the one I called sister for so long would become sexual." I shrugged and slowly reached in my pocket and touched the letters.

"Shame." Jack scoffed then turned away when his phone rang. I didn't like this Jack guy, he seemed like a real asshole.

"Life doesn't always work out for some of us." Bailey's dad, Damien, informed with a weak smile. I nodded with a light chuckle.

"Trust me, I know." I nodded with a light laugh. I shifted my eyes to the window where I noticed that Tab girl walking by. They slowly glanced where I'm watching and looked back at me with question.

"Something wrong?" David inquired with a brow raised.

"Uh naw." I answered then narrowed my eyes at the empty window and slowly shifted them to David. "I mean, no sir."

"You'll see that speaking properly is a must around here." Jack harshly growled, he glared at me the whole time and already I felt unwelcome.

"Don't let Bailey get too close to him, we don't want him to be angry with what we must do later on." I heard Jack advise Damien, Bailey's dad. I took in a deep breath and a chill ran down my spine.

"You okay?" I heard and jumped at the abrupt voice but shifted my attention to a girl, she smiled at me while wearing a maid's uniform.

"Yeah." I nodded then quickly darted my eyes at Jack and back at her. "I'm fine."

"Well I'm here to lead you to your room." She smiled and hurried up the stairs, I nodded then followed. Where they talking about me? No, they couldn't because Bailey and I were already attached like brothers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm questionable yes? and thank you sooo freakin much to the few commenting <3 my gosh it makes my day and wants me to update more when I read comments :)