Status: Fin <3

Origins

Anna, you're what a little sister should be like

That night was spent with the little kids in bed whilst the older ones and the adults played pool. At around 10 o’clock I walked outside and pulled off the t-shirt and shorts I was wearing over my togs. I silently climbed into the pool making sure my hair was fully wet before I did a few laps. After a while I decided to float, so I lay with my arms spread and drifted on the surface of water. I decided to get out of the pool when I realised that I was so calm and relaxed that I was falling asleep. I take my towel off of the pool fence and dry off enough to walk through the house and to the bathroom. I shut and lock the door then turn the shower on.

*

After thoroughly cleaning my body and exotically coloured hair I step out of the shower. I take the cocoa butter from the box and look at it curiously. I read the shockingly long instructions then rub it on my stomach and breasts. I pull on my new Elmo boxers and the black singlet with the red lace that Izack had chosen for me. I dry my hair a little more then hang the towel up and walk into the pool room.

“I think I’m going to bed guys,” I tell the three family members who are still up.

“Okay Frankee, good night,” Uncle Alan smiles at me.

“Merry Christmas guys,” I smile.

“Merry Christmas and goodnight Frankee,” My mum replies, I hug Mum, Dad and Uncle Alan then up the hall to the bedroom I’m sharing with Mum, Dad and Anna seeing that Archer is sleeping in a room next door at my grandparents. I crawl into the single bed mattress on the floor and look at my sister who is lying with her back to me on another single bed mattress. She rolls over and looks at me, her face stained with tears.

*

“Anna, are you okay?” I ask shocked.

“I was thinking, what is going to happen to you when you have the baby. I mean won’t you have to give up on school and your ambitions?” She asks me.

“I was thinking of staying in school, that way I don’t have to give up on anything.” I tell her.

“But the baby?” She asks.

“We’ll work it all out in about 7 months when the baby is actually born,” I tell her. She takes my hand and squeezes it. Our hands stay joined, arms stretched across the distance between our mattresses while we sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is dedicated to my little sister, who while we do have our occasional fall outs, I love dearly. Honestly she should be the oldest cause she gets me out of so much trouble and helps keep me in my parent's good books.