Status: Fin <3

Origins

OMG did you feel that?

My eyes shoot open and I scream. The weight on my body shifts and my cousins laugh at me.

“Merry Christmas Frankee,” Haylee smiles, dear little 5 year old Haylee and hey year younger sister Ryvah had nearly scared me to death. On the mattress next to mine Anna was being woken the same way by Rayne and Sarah.

*

After the initial shock had worn off we all gather in the pool room around the Christmas tree to open gifts. Among the various things received were: Haylee’s toy quad bike, Archer’s PSP, Rayne’s Nintendo DS, Ryvah’s hand carved doll’s house, Sarah’s iPod Nano, Anderson’s electric guitar, Grace’s laptop, Anna’s new saddle and my new stereo system.

*

When we have cleaned up all the wrapping paper and packaging, I pick up one of my new books and sit in the sun near the pool to read. I’m wearing my bikini and a pair of extremely short shorts. I inhale the smell of the ham and eggs they are making for breakfast and begin reading my book as I bask in the sun. Soon ham and eggs are served with buttered fresh bread and we all sit down to eat by the pool.

*

After breakfast the rest of my day is spent: reading, lounging around, eating, getting thrown into the pool by my father and uncles and just hanging out with my family. At around 3:30 I’m getting thrown into the pool by Uncle Craig, I surface and splash him, he laughs and everyone takes it as a sign to get into the pool. Aunty Emmalee brings out this Octopus floating play thing and I help her hook it up to the hose and place it in the pool.

*

Everyone is swimming around doing their own thing and I worry about leaving my book so close to where it could get water damaged. I climb out and dry off with my towel then I take my book inside and sit it on the bench with my glasses and iPod. I walk back outside and prepare to dive in when I see a car pull up in the turn around. It’s Davis’ car so I jump the fence and run down to where the car has pulled up. Brent gets out the car first and he picks me up in a hug.

*

“Hello Sweet-cheeks,” Brent chuckles and puts me down, “I’m not going to be able to do that soon.”

“Yeah I know,” I grin and hug him again then turn and see Izack, “Hey Zacky,”

“Hey Frankee,” He hugs me and puts a hand to my stomach. I felt a movement under his hand. I look at my stomach, we waited and it happened again this time stronger. I look at Izack in shock.

“The baby moved…” I whisper.

“The baby moved…” He whispers back.

“Oh my god the baby moved!” I exclaim loudly and get everyone’s attention.

“What?” Davis asks.

“The baby moved, we felt it kick,” Izack tells his dad. Davis puts a hand next to Izack’s and soon the baby kicks again. It’s only a very, very faint feeling but it’s defiantly there.

“Wow,” Davis grins and kisses my cheek, “That’s so wonderful. Brent come feel this,” Davis grabs Brent and puts his hand where his had been. The baby kicks for Brent and his eyes light up and he doesn’t say a word. Davis cuts in and tells me to go show my mum. I nod and we all walk up to the fence, we unlock it and walk through.

*

“Mum! Dad! The baby kicked!” I tell them excitedly. Mum drops the book she was reading near the pool and comes over, Dad climbs quickly out of the pool and joins us where we are standing, “Put your hands here,” I put their hands where Izack and Brent’s had been. The baby doesn’t kick and they look a little disappointed, “The baby did it when Izack had his hand there,” I say and grab Izack’s hand, as soon as it touches my stomach just above Mum and Dad’s hands the baby kicks up a storm.

“Wow,” Mum breathes and Dad’s eyes brighten like Brent’s had, “This is wonderful.”

“Magical actually,” Dad corrects her. When the baby stops kicking they go back to what they are doing, Davis and Brent get in the pool with my family and I lead Izack to my room where his present is sitting in my bag.