Status: Fin <3

Origins

It's amazing how much the body changes for this

A month later and I’m buying books for the beginning of year 9. So far 2008 has been good to me. It’s the 25th of January, I start school again in only 6 days and I’m so nervous. Mum is holding the basket as my sister and I grab the things from the shelves according to what is on our book lists. True to what we had thought by my 16th week of pregnancy (I’m now almost 18 weeks), I had grown and it’s quite obvious that I’m nearly 5 months pregnant. The baby kicks every time I’m on MSN or on the phone to Izack and he is going to come help out when I finish school at my 8th month of what is actually 10 months of pregnancy not the commonly believed 9 months.

*

I’m always hot, by the end of the day my feet are really sore and my moods change often and are only ever extreme ones. Even with the violent morning sickness I still wouldn’t give up this pregnancy for anything. I’m in love with this thing growing inside me, feeding off of me, moving in me. Blythe is living at my place every weekend to help out seeing I’ll be going back to school and she’ll see me in the week anyway.

*

My school dress was too small on me so I had to buy one that will still fit as I near my 8th month, which is when I will start doing school work at home. We have it all planned out, we saw my principle about it yesterday and on my first day Mum, Dad and I are meeting with the staff.

*

We put the bags of books and my new school bag into the back of the car and head home. When we get home Mum begins making me a snack and I go upstairs and draw a bath. I tip in some of my new bubble bath and swish it around. I get my new pyjamas and some underwear. I drop them on the floor and put in a CD. I choose Cold Live at the Chapel, Vol. 3. I push the CD repeat button and turn the water off. I dip my fingers in and the temperature is perfect. Slowly I strip, I watch in the mirror as the clothing drops to the floor, my once skinny but curvy figure has vanished and my breasts have swollen from the previous size of 10D to 10G, that’s about 5 or 6 sizes difference. My stomach looks like there is a basketball under my skin and I put a hand gently on it. The baby’s foot presses against my hand and I smile.

“How are you today Sweetheart? Are you ready for the bath?” I talk to my stomach and lower myself into the bath. The baby kicks and punches then settles down as we both get used to the bath water. I lower myself until my shoulders are under the water. The only thing about water is my head and neck. I move my hands through the layer of bubbles about the water and let the heat work out my aches and pains.