Status: Fin <3

Origins

Friday afternoon with a beautiful baby

Friday afternoon Aunty Emmalee picks Anna and I up from school she greets me with a hug then hands me Bronte, she takes my school bag from me then we walk to her car. I place Bronte in the baby seat she had installed and get in the passenger seat.

“So how are you going to be with Bronte living up there with you?” I ask her as we drive to my house.

“Bronte is an amazing baby, she sleeps well, eats well and everything, she’s going to be an angel to live with,” Aunty Emmalee tells me with a smile.

“She’s my little Seraph,” I smile and we pull into my driveway. We park in the driveway and I get out.

I walk upstairs with Bronte and put her in her cot to sleep. I walk into my room and put my bag down and change into a pair of jeans and a singlet shirt. Soon Bronte begins making noises so I walk into her room and I look down at her in her cot and her little hands reach out for me. I smile at her and she starts crying so I pick her up out of bed.

“Hello Bronte my darling, I’m going to miss you Seraph,” I whisper to my 6 month old child and hold her to my chest. She snuggles into my top and her little thumb goes into her mouth. Bronte is tiny, with a small amount of white blonde hair beginning to curl on the top of her head, her big green eyes look up at me and I rub her back and she smiles, a toothless totally adorable smile, “Has she smiled yet Aunty Emmalee?”

“No why?” Aunty Emmalee asks and looks at us curiously.

“Cause she just did,” I tell her.

“That’s brilliant,” Aunty Emmalee looks at us and I grin down at my baby girl.

“You little Miss are quite the cute one,” I hear a voice say from the doorway.

“Izack!” I exclaim and he hugs me softly so he doesn’t squish Bronte between us, “When did you get here?”

“Your dad and I only just got here from the airport,” He laughs at me and looks at our baby.

“She still remembers who you are, you know there’s nights when neither Aunty Emmalee or I can quiet her down,” I tell him.

“Really? I’ve never had that problem,” He tells me with a puzzled look and then I realise that Bronte is asleep again silently sucking on her thumb. We all walk downstairs to the kitchen and I sit on a chair with Bronte still held to my chest, her head resting just below my shoulder. We talk for a few minutes then Bronte wakes again, I change her nappy and then realise that she’s hungry, I look down at my screaming child and smile, I feed her then burp her and she falls back to sleep. I walk upstairs and put her in her cot then turn the baby monitor on. I walk back downstairs to where Izack is talking with Aunty Emmalee, Anna, Archer and Scott. I smile at them then walk into the kitchen to get a drink, I get my cup then see Mark sitting on a bar stool.
♠ ♠ ♠
3/5