Status: Fin <3

Origins

It's Official, They're Leaving Me

Soon Anna and Archer arrive and I say goodbye to everyone then follow my Grandma and siblings out. There is only one week left until holidays so when we get home we walk straight up to Anna’s room. We grab out her large suitcase and place it on her bed, we pack all of her clothes into the suitcase and then begin putting in her other things, books, iPod dock, posters and her clarinet. After we finish packing all of Anna’s things her room looks totally bare except for the things that I will drive up to her place in the holidays. We shut Anna’s door then walk across the hall to Archer’s room. We do the same for him, into his massive suitcase goes his clothes, meccano set, pictures and posters. He will have to wait for me to drive up his stereo system and drum set. With a sigh we walk out of his room and downstairs to make dinner. As we walk down the stairs I realise just how much I’m going to miss them when they’re gone.

*

The week went way too fast for my liking, with tears Anna and Archer said their last good-bye to their friends. Waiting in the boot of my car is their suitcases because they’re flight leaves at 6pm not enough time to go back home first. I drive them to the airport and we sit at the gate together waiting for their plane.

“I don’t know if I can get on a plane so soon after Mum and Dad,” Anna whispers to me as we sit there.

“You can stay with me if you want to and I can drive you up,” I suggest.

“No I’ll go we can’t leave Archer on his own, it’s hard enough for him leaving you at the moment, you’re my best friend Frances, I’m going to miss you,” Anna decides and hugs me.

“You have to look after him Anna, no getting angry at him if he begins annoying you, you and I both know now that its his way of coping,” I tell her and feel tears pushing to break free and rush down my face.

“I will Franny, you have to make sure that you stay safe and don’t do anything stupid, I won’t be able to leave without knowing that you’re going to be safe with Spencer, Aimee, Denner and Blythe,” Anna tells me and looks into my eyes.

“I will Annie, I promise that I’ll stay safe, I love you so much little sister,” I tell her and hear them announcing that their flight has started boarding.

“I love you too Franny, please stay safe,” Anna hugs me tightly and begins crying. I kiss her forehead and let her go.

“I love you too Annie, look after Archie for me,” I tell her and let her go, she leaves and boards the plane and I look at Archer, “You mister have to look after her, I know she’s older than you but she needs you more than you think,” I tell him hugging him.

“I’ll look after her Frankee, I promise I will, I love you, please don’t forget me,” He whisper and hugs me tighter as he too begins crying.

“I will never forget you Archer, I’ll see you next week, I’ll be bringing up your drums and stereo system remember,” I smile, hug him and let him go, I kiss his cheek and wipe away his tears and he turns and boards the plane.

“Frances, if you need anything, anything at all you have my number, don’t forget that we love you,” Grandma hugs me and I completely breakdown, “Hush now my darling I know you can do this,” Grandma gives me a final hug before she too boards the plane. I stand and watch as the plane taxies out of the gate and onto the tarmac then I turn and walk back to my car.