Behind Enemy Lines

four ;

Phoebe.

The two girls watched silently as Phoebe's phone vibrated, sliding across the flat plain of her stomach. Grinning, her hand reacted, grabbing her phone and sliding her finger across the touch screen.

Brayden was out for pregame meal with his team. Phoebe and Alyssa had nothing better to do but sit in their hotel room watching movies, but that had gotten boring hours ago. They contemplated plans, going into the unknown city and finding some new friends, or sitting in their hotel room prank calling random numbers in the phone book.

Brayden had called earlier that day, just after his morning skate. Both girls were slightly disappointed when he informed them that the game had sold out the night before, therefore he couldn't get them tickets. They would be stuck watching it on the television in their hotel room. But both girls were getting restless, they were having trouble keeping still.

After watching countless Disney movies, playing bejeweled on their phones for almost two hours, and watching reruns of Jersey shore, the two had nothing else in mine to keep them entertained. Alyssa texted Brayden a few times, begging for Stefan Della Rovere's phone number, but Brayden refused to reply after he realized what she wanted. He knew that his teammate was no good for his baby cousin.

Phoebe's lips formed into a smirk that Alyssa knew all too well. Her fingers darted across the keyboard, making soft clicking sounds as her fingers hit the touch sensitive keys on the screen. Raising her eyebrows, Alyssa leaned forward, trying to see what her best friend was typing. Just as Alyssa's blue eyes found the screen, Phoebe pulled back with a grin.

"I found us plans. Get ready," Phoebe announced, standing from the bed and pulling her long, dark hair from its clip, allowing it to fall over her bare shoulders. Alyssa nodded a bit, also standing.

"Where are we going?" Alyssa wondered, curious to who in this unknown city could have given Phoebe plans. Phoebe just smiled, her brilliant white teeth shining along with her green eyes as she tugged a cute top over her head.

"It's a surprise," she replied, her lips twisting up into that smirk. Alyssa sighed, knowing Phoebe well enough to know that she wasn't going to get anywhere in her side of the argument. "Dress casual," Phoebe called out as Alyssa raked through the single closet full of shirts. Turning her head to look back at her best friend, who was wiggling into a pair of too tight jeans, Alyssa raised her eyebrows.

"Your casual or mine?" She asked, eying the pumps, stilettos and stripper boots that were lined up against the far wall. Phoebe bit her lip, also trailing the line of shoes that all belonged to her.

"Yours," she nodded, finding a pair of Uggs near the bathroom.

Phoebe kept her mouth shut about who they were going to be meeting and what they were going to be doing. She grabbed enough money for both girls to have a night on the town with before they closed the door behind them. Daddy never shied down to give Phoebe enough money to live generously. After piling into Phoebe's jeep, she followed the directions that were sent to her via text message, almost causing Alyssa to snap when Phoebe would take her eyes off of the road to read over the words again.

The evening in the city was oddly alive in the Monday night mania. The buzz was radiant as the home country's beloved team was due to faceoff against Switzerland at the arena just down the street in a short hour. People were everywhere, walking in and out of the stores along the main drag. Couples were holding gloved hands, their clouds of breath floating in front of them as they whispered sweet words.

Phoebe tapped her fingers on the leather steering wheel as they sat at the stop light. Her manicured hands clicked in time with the steady beat of her favorite Miley Cyrus song. Alyssa's phone buzzed just as the car lurched forward. She read the text from her cousin out loud, laughing along with Phoebe at his authoritative words that not so subtly hinted that he was willing to kill his teammate if said teammate touched his cousin.

The drive didn't take much longer, and the girls arrived at a bowling alley just outside of downtown. Alyssa raised her eyebrows curiously, but Phoebe just shrugged. Alyssa knew that Phoebe wasn't exactly a fan of bowling, and to be honest, neither was she. Bowling just wasn't something that was considered cool back in Minnesota. Alyssa shrugged it off easily though. Who knew what kids in Canada did for fun.

"There!" Alyssa assisted, pointing to the closest empty spot in the parking lot. Phoebe slammed on her breaks, backing into the open space. Alyssa let out a loud gasp as the sound of the exterior crunching. Phoebe winced, immediately speeding forward. Alyssa looked at her friend with wide eyes as she nonchalantly pulled into another spot, on the other side of the parking lot.

"You're just going to leave it?!" She asked incredulously, jumping out of the car as Phoebe did the same. Phoebe shrugged as Alyssa jogged to the back of the car, arriving just in time to see Phoebe rubbing the bumper with her hand, a grin shining on her face.

"No harm no foul, right?" She asked cheerfully. Alyssa craned her neck, sending an unsure glance towards the unattended car across the lot. She could make out a scratch or to on the left side. Turning back towards Phoebe, she squinted a bit.

"I guess," Alyssa sighed, knowing it was best to just not care. Phoebe dragged Alyssa across the parking lot, arms looped as they both commented on how pretty the snow looked against the sun setting sky.

"Good thing you didn't wear heels, eh?" Alyssa smirked, imitating the accents that the best friends had been mocking for days now. Phoebe laughed, following her gaze to the bowling sign with a nod as she opened the glass door, holding it for her friend.

Phoebe ignored Alyssa with a roll of her eyes as she once again asked who they were meeting here. Phoebe knew first hand how impatient Alyssa could be and how much she hated being in the dark of what was going on. Silently, Phoebe led them to a group of boys in the corner with a smirk.

Alyssa recognized the guy from the hotel the first night they arrived instantly. Phoebe smirked, also taking note of him, but now seeing him in a closer proximity, she decided he wasn't nearly as cute as she had originally thought. When her eyes found another boy's, though, any thoughts of Jake were washed away. Phoebe took in his reddish hair, and bright blue eyes as his eyes connected with hers. She bit down on her lip lightly, loving the feeling of his eyes on her.

"Phoebe!" Jake greeted, wrapping his arm around both girls shoulders. Alyssa raised her eyebrows, pursing her lips slightly. It was a habit she picked up when she was younger.

"This is my friend, Aly," Phoebe introduced, taking her eyes off of the boy who had caught her attention, but his eyes lingered on hers for another few long moments.

Phoebe did her best at remembering the names of all of the boys Jake had listed off, but she was much better at remembering faces. Both girls did their best to memorize the names and faces of guys who were introduced as Zucks, Kristo, who was the ginger who was practically eye fucking Phoebe to no shame, Matt, Schroeder, TyJo, and Bourquey. Phoebe knew from experience that boys tended to refer to their friends as their last names, so it didn't throw her off in the least.

Smirking, Phoebe raised her eyebrows at her best friend who was biting her lip nervously under the gaze of the boy she remembered to be named Tyler. Nudging her, Phoebe cast a grin over to 'Kristo', taking a seat next to him.

"I'm Danny," he smirked, extending his hand towards Phoebe. She smiled back for just a second, placing her hand into his. Lifting it to his lips, he locked his eyes on hers, kissing her knuckles so softly that she barely felt it happen. Blushing, she felt her heart flutter out of her chest as she heard Alyssa talking to a few of the guys, keeping them distracted unintentionally from what was happening between Phoebe and Danny.

"Um, I have to go to the bathroom," Alyssa announced without warning, taking one step back. Phoebe caught on immediately, nodding her head and standing form the seat beside Danny.

"Why do chicks always go to the bathroom together?" The girls heard Danny mumble as they located the bathroom. Alyssa stifled a laugh, knowing all of the things that were probably going through his head right now. Very impure thoughts.

Once in the single bathroom, Alyssa locked the door behind them as Phoebe began to fix her already flawless make up in the large mirror.

"Pheebs," Alyssa breathed out, looking at her best friend's reflection with wide eyes. Phoebe looked up at her, meeting her eyes in the mirror with a confused look. "Didn't you notice something about all the guys out there?" Phoebe raked her brain for a pattern, but came up blank, Danny's smiling face the only thing coming in clear. Alyssa sighed as Phoebe shook her head to confirm her blank. "They were all wearing Team USA gear, Pheebs," Alyssa hinted, expecting her best friend to get it now. Phoebe's eyes widened a bit as she recalled the group in her mind, all of their dark blue work out outfits with the USA logo sticking out more clearly this time.

"We're fraternizing with the enemy," Phoebe realized, turning now, with her lower back pressed against the counter to look at Alyssa, who nodded wearily, pursing her lips.

"So what do we do? If Bray finds out that we even associate ourselves with his rivals, he'll murder us both," she stated the obvious, the worst case scenarios of her cousin's wrath filling her internal vision.

"Well," Phoebe shrugged. "What Brayden doesn't know won't hurt him, right?" Alyssa sighed, running her hand through her straightened hair.

"Can you go one day without getting us in potential trouble?" She groaned, causing Phoebe to smirk widely.

"I think you love it. It's fun," Phoebe said, her fingers trying to puff up the top of her hair, giving it more volume before she turned to Alyssa with a grin. "Now let's go, we have eight extremely good looking, American hockey players waiting for us." Alyssa sighed again as Phoebe looped their arms together, pulling her out of the bathroom.

"I've never even bowled once in my life," Alyssa whispered to Phoebe as they neared the group of boys, who were sizing up bowling balls.

"Yeah, I've only played like, once... I don't think it was that hard," Phoebe nodded, "I guess we can just follow their lead or something."

Alyssa sighed, hardly watching as Phoebe ran off with Danny and Jake to pick out a ball off of the racks. Wondering over alone, Alyssa pursed her lips out of habit, twirling her finger around in her hair as she eyed the extremely heavy looking balls. She let out a long breath, having no idea where to start.

She jumped when a hand touched the small of her back, and a deep laugh sounded from beside her.

"You'll probably want to get a lighter one, these ones are nine pounds," the boy she recognized as Tyler Johnson informed her, smiling down at her sweetly. Blushing, Alyssa nodded, stuttering out a stupid excuse. He laughed again, leading her to another rack of the large bowling balls, his hand still on the small of her back. Alyssa's eyes automatically lit up.

"I want that one!" She pointed towards a neon green ball, her favorite color. Tyler nodded, smiling at her once again as he stepped forward to get it for her, just like a true gentleman should.

Phoebe watched the interaction with a smirk, before turning back towards where Jake and Danny were picking out balls.

"Oh, this one is perfect!" She exclaimed, lifting the first ball that caught her eye. And it's no wonder it grabbed her attention so quickly, it was the brightest color of pink that you could imagine, and the glitter sparkled blindingly under the light above her head. Danny laughed, shaking his head as Jake walked away, mumbling something about how he just lost his vision due to the bright color.

"So girly," Danny commented under his breath, lifting a very plain black bowling ball up. Phoebe just smirked.

"Would you rather me be manly?" She asked, raising her eyebrows. Danny's pink lips twitched, turning up as he mirrored her perfect smirk. He nodded shortly, leaning up against the rack casually.

"Nice point. That sure would be a disappointment," Danny agreed, his blue eyes shining brighter than the sun. "Such beauty put to waste would be a shame."

Phoebe's cheeks were still blazing a brilliant pink, the color almost matching the ball she carried in her arms like a baby, when Jordan called the two over, announcing that the game would be starting soon. Everyone was huddled around one chair as Matt Donovan filled out the score sheet. Jason and Alyssa sat a little bit away, him trying to explain how the scoring works to no vial.

"Aly, you're up first," Matt informed her, looking up from the paper that he was concentrating so hard on. Alyssa took a deep breath with a nod, standing from her seat.

"Oh my God," she mumbled, "I'm going to break a nail..." Alyssa trailed off in horror as she examined the three, small finger holes.

"Or a few," Phoebe mumbled, realizing the same thing. Jason rolled his eyes.

"You'll be fine, come on," he said, pulling her up to the markings on the floor.

Everyone watched with amused expressions, holding back laughter as Jason wrapped his arms around Alyssa from behind, his hands supporting the ball under her hands. She let out a surprised squeal when he suddenly released, sending the ball flying down the wooden surface. Phoebe rolled her eyes, watching as her best friend jumped into the waiting arms of Jason Zucker as the neon colored ball knocked down a single pin.

The game went on extremely slowly. Everyone except for Danny was terrible at bowling, and after the fiftieth gutter ball, it wasn't as funny anymore. Both Phoebe and Alyssa chipped two of their acrylic nails, causing Phoebe promise that they'd go get them redone tomorrow. By the time everyone sat back down at the large table near the back, the guys were still chirping Danny, jealous that he had owned everyone by at least sixty points.

"Let the girls get theirs first," Jake instructed over the chatter, causing a few of the guys to groan, as Jake set two large pizzas in the middle of the table. Phoebe squinted her eyes, looking at the pizza for a second before she reached forward, sliding one onto her plate. Alyssa did the same, laughing as her best friend attempted to soak some of the grease off with a few napkins.

"This is so gross," she muttered under her breath, ignoring the guys as they all made a point to get the same piece of pizza. Alyssa laughed, shaking her head at her friend as she folded her own piece and then took a bite.

Alyssa then turned away from Phoebe, starting a conversation with Ryan Bourque while Phoebe sighed again, eying the fattening pizza with disgust.

"Don't you like pizza?" Jordan asked, raising his eyebrows at her. Phoebe bit her lip, shrugging.

"It's so greasy..." she pointed out, her words trailing off. Jordan laughed, nodding.

"Yeah, that's what makes it good," he replied, taking a large bit out of the pizza just for the effect. Scrunching her nose up, she nodded and took a deep breath. Her fingers ripped off a piece from the tip. Closing her eyes, she popped it in her mouth. Chewing, she instantly reached for her pop on the table, taking a long drink to wash the food down.

"So....?" Jordan leaned forward, looking at her with his gorgeous blue eyes, lined by dark, thick eyelashes. Phoebe narrowed her eyes at the paper place soaked with grease in front of her.

"I don't think I'm so hungry anymore..." Phoebe admitted, pushing the plate away. Jordan laughed with a nod, leaning back.

"Fair enough. But you need to eat," he said, "Come on, we'll go find you something," he nodded towards the counter, standing from the table. No one even seemed to notice, all branched off into their own little worlds. Phoebe glanced at her friend, ready to tell her their new plan, but she was engrossed in a conversation about panda bears with Ryan. Shrugging, Phoebe also stood.

"So, it looks like Kristo has a crush on you," Jordan said casually as they walked the short distance. Phoebe looked at him sideways, cocking an eyebrow.

"And what makes you say that?" She asked, hoping her make up would hide the blush that was rising to her cheeks as they heated up. Jordan rolled his eyes.

"Because he looks at you just like he looks at my girlfriend," Jordan laughed, "just kidding. But he definitely has a little crush on you. He thinks you're cute."

Phoebe didn't reply, because thankfully, they had arrived and the man behind the counter was looking at them expectantly.

"What do you have that doesn't have five hundred calories in it?" She asked with a sweet smile. The man just raised his eyebrows, silently asking if she was serious. Phoebe sighed, the smiling melting away. "Can I just have..." she trailed off, her eyes scanning through the lit up Pepsi menu on the wall behind him. "A soft pretzel?" She grinned again, slightly satisfied. The guy grunted, wondering off to prepare it.

It only took him a minute before he was back. Phoebe felt through her purse for her wallet, but a hand was automatically extending a five dollar bill. Jordan smiled dazzlingly down at her.

"Don't worry about it, I've got it," he said sweetly.

And that's when Phoebe realized that these boys had just the charm it would take to completely suck her and her best friend in. There was no escaping it now. They were behind enemy lines.
♠ ♠ ♠
so we're getting like, no feedback for this story.
and it's sort of discouraging. but since we're writing this for us,
I decided to update!
well that and Phoebe would kill me if I waited any longer. (: hehhh
so once again
ten comments on this and you'll get an update.
until then, this won't be updated.
so please please please subscribe, comment, tell your friends.
we love this story, and we hope you do too!
so tell us what you think please and thanks<3333