You're My Keeper

Clipped Butterfly

Her eyes fluttered shut and she swung her arms gracefully around the air very slowly. Her toes gently rose from the wooden floor and she began to twirl around. Standing on one toe, she released her fans, letting them form the beautiful flowers.

“Azumi-chan! Let's go play!” Shouted a voice having her quickly lose concentration and her fans fell to the floor with loud thud.

“Ki-chan! I'm practicing...” Azumi pouted as she sadly looked at her fallen fans.

“Come on, we're playing ninjas! Heroes and traitors!” Kiba announced with a wide grin, his little puppy quietly wagged his tail as he stayed sitting on his head.

“Again?” Azumi asked as she picked her fans, showing no interest to what the boy was saying.

“Don't worry, I won't let Shikamaru say anything to you about being a girl” Kiba rolled his eyes as he dragged her out of her backyard patio.

The icy wind stroke carefully around the village. The snow filled the ground but none filled the air. Still, Kiba held Azumi close to him, making sure she would not shiver.

“Shi-chan, wake up!” She shouted once they had arrived, placing her right hand on her hip. Her friend laid on the snow, turning his head to face her, he gave a her bored look.

“You two didn't take long at all,”He stood up and Azumi quickly ran to hug him, “Mi-chan...!!”

“Ki-chan doesn't appreciate my dancing as much as you do Shi-chan!” She complained.

“Alright, you wave your fans very nicely,” Kiba shrugged as he pulled her away from Shikamaru who grunted at her release.

“What did you say? Wave my fans? Nice? It's art!” Azumi shouted as she crossed her arms across her chest.

“It's dancing,” Shikamaru added as he smirked at the glaring Azumi, “I know it's your hobby and all but can we play already? What a drag...It's going to get colder and my mom doesn't want me to get sick...”

“Shikamaru is right, Azumi-chan! Let's just play!” Little Kiba laughed as he began running. Shikamaru and Azumi followed after him until they finally lost him.

“Let's split up, I'll look for him here, you go there, we'll catch him faster this way!”Shikmaru instructed. Azumi nodded and quickly went the other way to find the traitor. The sky was white and clam, reflecting it's soft light to the world.

Looking up ahead, she saw someone running to her. Azumi wasn't sure who it was until they got closer, “Kiba? Aha! I got you!”

“Azumi-chan, run! It's your-!!” He warned but he was already too late.

“Mom!” She gulped and then her mother pulled Azumi by her ponytail, “Ow! That's hurts, let go!”

“Your a disgrace! Playing with dirty little commoners!” She spat in disgust. Azumi looked at Kiba horrified as Azumi's mother pushed Kiba hard enough for him to fall on Akamaru, “Step aside, and don't you ever think of ever meeting my daughter again, you grotesque thing!”

“Ki-chan!” Azumi yelled tearfully as she was dragged away by her mother. Reaching the Kaito household, Azumi's mother slammed the door.

“You shameful kid!” Her mother shouted with a slap of her palm, “How long has this been going on!”

Azumi stood sobbing, not responding to her demand, “I asked you question!”

Still, Azumi said nothing and therefore forced her mother to grab her hair again but this time, she smacked her face to the floor, “You answer me when I talk to you! I am your mother!”

“For a long time! I don't know, maybe an year?” Azumi cried as her body shook in fear.

“You-! How dare you disgrace our family that way! Lift up your shirt, I'll show you what happens when you disobey me!” Her mother yelled furiously.

“What-? What are you going to do?”Azumi questioned afraid. Her mother made signs with her hands.

“Your a Kaito, and don't you forget that!”She screamed, lifting her shirt and placing her right hand on her back. Azumi screamed, the burning and stabbing sensation throbbed on her skin that bleed as the chakra on her mother's hand increased.

“Stop! Please stop, mom!” Azumi screamed desperately. The pain increased and suddenly, her vision was blocked and she fell into darkness.