You're My Keeper

Undisclosed Emotions

The icy wind swept the world as she stood inside her house, blocking the entrance.

Imari's heart raced as her hand tightly gripped on the dagger. Her eyes blurred with tears and she could almost hear her heart pound against her ear as she gazed towards him.

That day was the first snow, it slowly fell from the sky as it danced down to the ground where it either quickly melted or piled up to cover a small surface of the earth.

The evil man laughed dangerously as the little five year old girl glared up at him with a trembling stand, "I won't let you come a step further, you worthless scum!"

"Get out of my way!" He sneered as he grabbed her small head with the center of his palm and threw her across the wall, breaking the delicate paper wall and smashing her against the hard ground.

Her head pulsed, and she felt something sharp ripping threw her skull.

"Is...is that the best you can do?" Imari muttered as she pushed herself up. Blood streamed down her face from the left side of her head. Covering her eye as she tried to look up but the strange man was no longer in sight.

She held her breathe as the cries of terror filled the air and the blood covered the snow into a red hell. The Great Shinobi War had finally reached Konaha and she was terrified to death.

Knowing she had a job to do she brought herself closer to her house, making out a shadow in the distance.

"Get away from them!" She screamed as she rushed inside. The huge man turned to face her with a scroll in his hand, "Your a noble..!!"

She looked inside his eyes horrified as he quickly dashed towards the secret scrolls.

"Stop!" She screamed in tears as she managed get herself in front of him, "Don't touch them!"

"Your the reason this war started! You nobles think your better than the rest of us! You live a comfortable life while the rest of us suffer, how dare you!" He growled as he grasped her neck and lifted her up high enough to have her small feet kicking.

"Let go of me!" She barked as she dug her nails into his skin. He laughed, "Is that an order?"

"It is." spoke a small voice from behind him.

"What is this? Another noble brat?" He asked as he turned to study the small boy with dark hair covered in snow. His dark eyes pierced him, "No. But let her go!"

"I won't, I want to see her die and then I'll kill every other noble in this village!" He grinned as
Imari tried to gasp for air.

"You think you can kill every noble in the village?" He asked as he threw a kunai at him, "...She ordered you to let her go!"

"Hmp! I'll have fun crushing you, ignorant boy!" He sneered as he dropped Imari along with the scroll and sped towards little kid.

"Sharingan!" The boy yelled and suddenly his eye turned like the dark sky; a bloody crimson.

"An Uchiha, my luck!" He smiled aiming to punch him but the boy quickly dodged with amazing speed.

Imari laid on the floor as she inhaled nonstop, watching them fight through her watery eyes .

"You should know better than to pick a fight with me, child!" The man laughed and the little boy moved his hands as he yelled, "Fire Style: Fire Ball Jutsu!"

The man screamed in pain and fell on the floor, throwing himself around but the burns were too much and then he suddenly stopped moving.

The little ninja ran towards Mari, "Are you okay miss noble-sama?"

"Th-Tha-Thank..AH!" She gasped. The boy looked at her worried,"Please don't die miss, I just saved you!"

"T-Thank you!" She said after some time, "What is your name?"

At that instant a smash was heard and before they knew it, the house began to burst into flames.

"Someone must know that nobles live here! Miss, we have to get out of here!" The boy shouted. Imari took his hand and got up.

"Wait!" She shouted as the flames spread, "The scrolls! I was ask to protect them!"

"Hold on...- Miss!" The boy shouted as Imari broke free and ran deep into the fire.

"It's dangerous..!" The kid yelled as he ran after her.

The fire consumed the walls and the air was filling up with black fog.

"Where are you?" He shouted running into a dead end. He heard the girl moving things around.

"Okay, we can go now!" She answered as she appeared beside him with a bag around her body filled with scrolls.

"How-?"He tried to ask but she pulled him towards the exit. A huge boom was heard and the exit closed off.

"No!" The kid shouted, looking around he coughed, "Now what?"

Imari released his small hand. She took a deep breathe and formed jutsu signs with her hands, "Dark Style: Gravity Jutsu!"

At that moment, as the boy stood amazed, the ground shook and a path was formed. She had pushed gravity to move the flames as well as the broken wood out of the way so they could go through.

"That was amazing miss!" He said as he looked at her surprised. She coughed and smiled, "Thank you....Thank you for everything Shinobi-san"

Recollecting himself, the boy looked around worried, "We have to find somewhere safe...follow me!"

Imari nodded and held his hand tight.

"So much blood.....there is so much blood....so much pain...so much tears....why?"Imari whispered as she followed behind him. The air was filled with screams, cries, shouts, and yells of all kind.

"....I don't know why....and it's really awful and sad....but....I know it's not your fault...so please don't blame yourself....it's not the nobles fault....and don't worry, I know your scared......but I'm here. And I'll protect you no matter what...even if it cost me my life..."He told her as he helped Imari get into an underground room.

Mari blushed at hearing this, "You'll protect me..?.....Then is that a promise?.."

Itachi immediately blushed, realizing that he had just proposed to the little noble, that which was a marriage promise,"I'm not worthy of you miss but if you would like..-"

"I would like that..."Imari whispered, hiding her face from him. The room stood silent and the two young lovers held each other until the screaming pain eased.


Fluttering her eyes open, Imari found herself day dreaming of the day she was rescued by her hero and her childhood love.

"What's wrong with me...?" She muttered as she wondered why she was thinking of him. She never knew the boy's name only his last, but many Uchihas were slaughtered at that time and she had no hope of him being alive anymore.

"Imari Kaito, prepare for battle!"ordered the ANBU captain.

Imari nodded, "Yes, Captain Yamao!"

"Ninjas from the mist are heading for the eastern front and want to invade the village beside the river. We had promised them protection and now we must full fill our promise to them! I want every single ninja dead, but the leader, I want him as a prisoner!" He explained.

"Yes, Capatain!" The ANBU team said together.

“Imari, you take the leader out! We'll take care of the rest, just focus on him!”mention one of her teammates.

“It'll be my pleasure,” Imari spoke as they all took off, “I have some unfinished business with him”