You're My Keeper

Unmasked Courage

“Attention!” announced a team member as the leader came into sight. Everyone respectively bowed with their right fist touching the ground in front of them.

“Captain!” The team of ten said at once. Imari gazed upon the squad quickly, every single person was wearing a mask, making it more comfortable for her to wear her own.

“We will be departing to our mission today,” The young captain declared through his own white mask with red marking on them,“.....it seems like we have a new member added to our squad...”

The team took a glanced upon Imari before they nodded in acknowledgment.

“I will now inform you all, of our mission, and I will not repeat myself,” The captain said through his low deep voice as he brought his hands together behind him, “This is an S-rank mission, like always, the Hokage expects us complete and to deliver nothing else but top quality skills!”

“Yes, Captain!” Everyone answered. The captain's eyes landed on Imari as he spoke, “We follow orders and regulations, ”

Imari sighed, getting impatient. She wasn't use to getting a speech every time before she had to departure for a mission.

Tell us the mission already damn it!

“Respect and honor go along side each other,” He said as noted her gesture, “We are elite, and I wish for you all to demonstrate to me that you belong here!”

“Yes, Captain!” They all shouted. The man nodded and finally got to his point.

“As all you know, an army of shinobi are planning to over throw the fire lord. The Hokage wants us to go in and help out the current samurai....by taking down the current shinobi there. Do not, attack the samurai that try to oppose us! We are not there to stop the civil war! We are just sent to scary off the shinobi of other countries. This small civil war does not belong to us, it belongs to the samurai and the villagers there, so I don't want to see anyone step out of line!” He spoke with great clarity and strength, “Do you all understand?”

“Yes, Captain!” His squad shouted. He nodded with a simple 'good' that left his lips.

“Head out!”He ordered as he extended his arm out. At that instant, everyone disappeared. Imari looked around confused for a second before she left as well. The young captain raised his eyebrow underneath his mask at the sight of her confusion before he took his leave.

As Imari raced along side her teammates through the tall trees covered with pure snow, and she reflected on what had happen with her admission into the squad.

“I've heard you've done very well Kaito Imari,” Spoke the Hokage.

“I just do what I am told to do Hokage-sama, I always follow the mission,” Imari bowed in gratitude.

“That is very good. There isn't many talented ninjas like you at your age, so that is why I want you to transfer to another ANBU team, one that is elite...” The Hokage announced, “Would you like that?”

“If the Hokage would like me to then yes,” Imari responded. Konaha's Kage broke into laughter.

“Your very cute and obedient, I think you will make a fine member to this elite team,” He smiled before he spoke again, “Now let me just tell you why this ANBU team is so great. First of all, I have chosen every single member myself, those that obtain great skills and determination. And second of all, it is because the team captain is very unique and prestigious like yourself, I hope you will grow fond of your new team!” The Hokage smiled.

“Thank you Hokage-sama!” Imari bowed again before she left.

And then, she was broken from her thoughts.

“The captain said we are too slow! He issued an order for us to pick up our speed!” yelled a shinobi with long brown hair in front of the formation. She ran seven feet away from the captain.

“Pick it up!”yelled a male shinobi from the back. Imari rolled her eyes as everyone began to run in full speed.

Isn't being a ninja suppose to be the art of sheath?

After some time, the captain stopped abruptly, holding his right hand out. Motioning everyone to stay still. Squinting, Imari made out no figures in the distance.

I don't see anything!

She looked up to the captain, that was already giving out orders through hand motions. He held two fingers up and waved them forward. Two men nodded and headed straight down. Quickly, he waved his fingers to the right twice and then to left twice. He waved them left and right once before he stopped. His face didn't even turn to face his teammates until he didn't sense someone leave.

Imari stayed standing on the branch, with her arms out, asking him where to go. The young man stared at her, as he pointed right. She nodded and wanted to kill herself as she left. It was embarrassing enough to be confused once but now, he would probably think of her as an idiot.

She had no idea where she going but lucky enough, she bumped into her fellow teammate who stuck fighting eight men at once.

“How come your late?” He asked as he looked at her.

“Didn't know what those signs meant!” She replied as she took one out,”Why...you were waiting for me?”

The man chuckled before he applied a justsu to his enemy, “You're suppose to be my partner, everyone in our team is partnered with each other...”

“Why? Can't everyone fight alone?” She asked as she jumped into the air and landed a kick on a weak shinobi.

“This isn't your old team where everything is A-ranked! Everyone is to have a partner, because this is a S-rank mission, and we only get those!” He answered as he made justu signs to attack.

“Well, this is pretty B-rank!” Imari smirked as she moved her hands into the air, creating two ninjas to explode.

“This is C-rank, honey!” The man laughed before he released his justsu that froze the remaining enemies and then just as he shattered the ice, Imari flipped into the air and landed on his arm, with her hand ready to attack in his face.

“Don't call me honey, darling!” She smirked before she jumped down, “I work alone!”

“Newbies....”The man muttered as he watched her leave him, “Don't become a burden for the mission!”

Imari's partner sighed as he looked at the dead bodies, “These are just kids, and already B-ranked....I wonder how powerful these S-ranked adults are....”

I don't need any help! I can fight alone!

As Imari continued to take down the opposing shinobi and she noticed that more and more were beginning to appear. Not only that, but they were also becoming more and more powerful.

What the heck?

Looking around, she found herself surrounded.

“Why hello there,” laughed a voice. Imari frowned as she instinctively flew a dagger at their direction.

“Missed.” Said the voice and then finally the man appeared. His bright blue hair was placed back by his headband that symbolized the mist.

“Of course your from the hidden mist, always trying to get every opportunity to attack the people of Konaha!” Imari scoffed.

“Well, it seems like you know my people very well,” He smiled and at that instant, the shinobis began to attack. Imari's eyes widen as the ground shook, daggers began to fly from every direction and a wall made of water indulged her.

“Gravity Justsu!” She screamed and everything was pushed away from her. The man frowned and more ninja appeared to take her down.

Imari managed to take out more and more ninjas until there was no more but, it became very clear that she had become tired after a long time of fighting because she was beginning to slow down so much that she could fall over any second.

“You don't look so good!” smirked the man as he jumped down, “Would you like me to end your misery?”

Imari glared up at him, remembering that she hadn't taken him out yet “I'm Konaha's Black Butterfly! This is nothing, bring it!”

Just watching me! If he's so strong as he thinks he is then, he should have attacked me before!

“Fine.” He chuckled as he made justsu signs. The snow on the ground moved into the air and became ice, “I will do so, but painfully!”

Imari gasped as the ice shot straight to her.

“Fire Style: Fire Ball Justu!” yelled a voice. At that moment, Imari was slashed with water over her mask.

“What? Who are you!” exclaimed the mist ninja as he looked over to the young man that stood beside Imari.

“Uchiha Itachi.” He stated as he pierced him with his blood like eyes.