You're My Keeper

Divine Bonds of Trust

Azumi's body numbed as her thoughts strayed from the classroom. She closed her eyes as she quietly remembered how she had once met Kiba.

The sky was clear, with only a few coulds floating by but the sun shined brightly down Konaha.

A small girl with dark black hair roamed around her backyard, squatting every time she saw a dandy lion particles fall on her land. With a heavy sigh, she admitted her boredom.

As a noble, Azumi was unable to leave her property because she was a young girl. Her father's fears of her being kidnapped, getting lost, or being killed, restrain her from walking out of her garden.

"Ha ha, Akumaru, come back, don't go too far!" laughed a voice. Azumi stood up to see a small puppy run by.

"Akumaru, what did you find?" A boy called out as he run towards his puppy.

The puppy braked and wagged it's tail at the sight of Azumi.

"Hey, what's your name?" The boy asked as he waved. Azumi held back her words, she knew that she would get in trouble if she was found out talking to some stranger.

"I can't tell you..." She told him.

"Why not? Oh, yeah! My mom said I have to say my name first, well I'm Kiba," He smiled as he pointed towards himself proudly.

"I can't tell you because your a stranger..." Azumi spoke. Kiba lifted up an eyebrow.

"No, I'm not, you know who I am, I just told you..." Kiba replied,

Azumi looked at him surprised, "Well, I can't talk to you because your from outside.."

"But your outside too, and I'm talking to you.."Kiba pointed out.

"No, I'm not. I'm not over the fence therefore; I'm not outside like you are..." Azumi explained.

"So, you won't talk to me because of that? Well, that's stupid...but... " He pouted as he jumped over the fence.

"Hello." He grinned as he held out his hand.

Azumi felt her cheek heat up but she placed her hand on his and they shook hands.

"I'm Azumi, nice to meet you" She said shyly.

"Azu, what?" Kiba asked as he drew his face closer to hers.
"Can I call you Azu-chan?"

Azumi nodded and placed her hands over her red face.

"You want to meet Akumaru?" He asked as he tapped her on her shoulder. The puppy braked and Azumi bent over to pet him.

"He doesn't bite. I think he likes you" Kiba laughed.

"Akumaru, your so cute..." Azumi giggled as she played with the small puppy.

"Your pretty cool, all the other girls are afraid of him because they think he bites.." Kiba annouced.

Azumi looked up at him and he smirked.

"You want to play tag?" He asked as he brought his thumb to his chest, "I'm the king of tag game"

Azumi laughed, "Well I'm the queen of tickling!"

She jumped on him and began to tickle him.

They both laughed as Akumaru jumped on them both, trying to join in. Kiba slipped from her grasp and began to run as both Azumi and Akumaru chased him.

He suddenly stopped, causing Azumi to crash into him; he took the chance to tickle her instead.

"Stop it," Azumi giggled.

"Ha ha ha, your laugh is funny!" He chuckled. She turned him over as she now had control.

"Well so do you!" She laughed.

"You know, your really fun to hang with..." Kiba told Azumi as he held her arms, resricting her from tickling him any longer.

Azumi felt butterflies dance around in her tummy but she nervously replied with a giggle.

"You should bring Akumaru again, he's fun!"

Kiba laughed as he brought her to a headlock and brushed her hair wildly. She laughed as she pushed him away by placing her small hand on his cheek. Akumaru braked playfully as he wagged his tail from side to side.

“Who the hell are you? Get away from her!” boomed a loud voice. The two five year olds turned to see who it was.

“- Mom!” Azumi shouted she stood up surprised.

“You touch my daughter again and I swear I’ll handle you myself!” she told Kiba firmly as she gripped her hand around his collar, Akumaru began to bark loudly and growl at her.

“Stop, what are you doing! He’s my friend! “ Azumi cried as she tried to push her off him by pressing her small body against her.

“You idiot! Talking to low people like him! What will your father say?” She shouted as she slapped her daughter, causing Azumi to fall back and hit her head.

“Stay away from her, do you hear me? Far, far, far away!” Azumi’s mother warned as she threw Kiba down and he quickly got up.

“Don’t go!! Please!!” Azumi begged in tears as she stretched her hand out. Kiba stared at her fearfully, “Don’t go!”

Azumi’s mother brought her hand in the air to land another hit on her daughter but Kiba jumped in front of her and took the slap instead.

“Kiba!” She yelled in tears.

“Are you okay, Azu-chan?” He asked as he touched his red cheek. Azumi’s face became pale as he helped her up.

“Don’t! Please! Mom, he-” She shouted as she screamed in fear, holding on to Kiba. Just as Azumi’s mother was about to release a painful jutsu on the boy a tall mad appeared, gripping her hand before she could touch the kid.

“Leave.” He stated in a firm voice. Azumi fell on her small knees in relief.

“I appreciate you protecting my daughter but you are trespassing in my property…please leave.” Azumi’s father ordered. Kiba nodded, but just as he was about to leave he said something that left Azumi stunned.

“I’m leaving because I understand what I did was wrong but Azu-chan is my friend, and I’m sorry but I’ll continue to see her as much as I want, she isn’t property...”

A smiled broke Azumi from her thoughts as she tried hard to hold back her tears of joy.

“Tomorrow, you will be placed in teams, so be prepared and get lots of sleep,” Iruka concluded his lesson for the day, “I wish the best of luck for you all!”

The bell rang and everyone laughed as they flew out the classroom. Azumi brought herself down the stairs and walk towards the door, stopping at the sight of Sasuke.

She quickly turned around and began to walk the other way. The years that pass by hadn’t changed the way Sasuke treated her or how he would never look at her.

She sighed sadly as she thought of how Sasuke had made her life miserable, she was unable to speak to her childhood friends who would always stand by her side, she would get picked on constantly and blamed for everything. She knew that if Sasuke would simply tell everyone to stop, they would.

But in a way she understood that this was a punishment from him. Sasuke was taking revenge on her because of what she had said to him that day. She understood that even if Sasuke broke his promise to her, she had broke it before he had and it was now that she was repaying for her sins that she had committed; the betrayal of her friendship.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the delay, next chapter will be on Imari :D