You're My Keeper

Melting Soul of Garce

“Stop! Please stop, mom!” Azumi screamed desperately. The stabbing pain increased and suddenly, she fell hard on the wooden paneled floor; unconscious.

“What's going on?” Imari murmured worried as she slammed the door open and rushed to her little sister's side at the sight of her on the floor.

“What are you doing!” She shouted at her mother as she took hold of Azumi's bleeding body.

“Just showing that brat a lesson,” Their mother responded heartless, “She should know better then do deify me!”

“You..!!” Imari growled as she clenched on to Azumi's body.

She's only a child..!

“What? Are you angry?” Imari's mother taunted, “You weren't able to take her fall like you did with Haruka, is that why your upset?”

“Where is Haruka!” Imari demanded as she rose to her knees, “What did you do to her?”

“Hmp. She's in her room like a good girl. Maybe you taking her punishment has reformed her,” She grinned, “But I would have loved to see her in pain like Azumi...”

Your so crazy!

“Next time, please hold me responsible! Don't do this to them!” Imari pleaded as she looked up at her mother, “You can do as you please to me but spare them!“

“How boring,” She rolled her eyes, “Take her out of sight!”

“And after your done with that, come back to report your mission to me,” She added before she left, “I won't be gone to long..”

As the door shut, Imari quickly brought Azumi up to her chest, “Your such an idiot!”

“How could I have let this happen to you?” She quivered as the tears failed to contain themselves.

“I promise, I won't let this happen again, so please forgive me!” Imari whispered to her ear.

“I hope it doesn't take you long to recover...” She muttered, wiping her face before carrying her. Imari took her youngest sister to her room and gently place her on the mattress. At that instant, a picture flew out off Azumi's pillow.

What is this?

Grabbing hold of the paper, Imari glanced at it's placid features. It was a picture of her sister with two little boys who she assumed were her friends.

“You really are in idiot,” She whispered, not looking away from the image, “Don't you know?”
She then placed the photograph back under the pillow; below Azumi's head.

“Kaitos aren't meant to have friends...”Imari said sadly.

Before she left Azumi's room, she took a quick looks around before whispering some words of advice, “Idiots, don't survive in this world, Azumi...”

Listening to the sounds of instruments, Imari made her way to Haruka's room.

“Hey,” She spoke causally as she sat on her bed.

“Nee-sama!” Haruka smiled with excitement. She carefully settled her harp down and walked over to her older sister.

“Have you heard any news?” Imari questioned.

“No, just that-” Haruka started but stopped,”Your hurt?”

“Ah, this is nothing,” Imari noted as she glanced down at her weary body,”Hey, will you do me a favor?”

Haruka nodded.

“Will you please treat Azumi, she got jacked up by mom...I wasn't able to make it on time...” Imari informed her sister.

“What about you?” Haruka asked concerned.

“No, Haruka! I said I was fine!” Imari scolded annoyed.

“I'm sorry,” Haruka apologized before she continued, “Dad is on another mission and he will probably take another two or three months to return..”

“That bastard is never home!” Imari growled, “Hey, has she done anything? Does mom make you use your powers?”

“Yes but-” Haruka began but was immediately cut off by Imari's shouting voice.

“Well don't! I've told you already!”

“But if I don't do as she says, then you'll have to pay for it,” Haruka muttered before she caught hold of her head, “And I don't want that!”

“Then what? Has you hands been tainted in blood?” Imari shouted, “Haruka answer me!”

Haruka stayed quiet.

“Who did you kill? Did you look them in the eye when you did it! Why did you do it! For me? Your so stupid!” Imari shouted furiously.
“-I didn't kill anyone!” Haruka replied back, “I know you wouldn't want that so I let them live...”

“Don't...don't get caught...if mom finds out,” Imari mumbled, “-If you kill someone, you know you'll active it, our stupid Kaito blood will rush into your head and you'll lose yourself!”

“Kaito's are meant to kill,” They both said in union.