Sequel: The Fifth World 2

The Fifth World

Picture Perfect Broken Life

Bo: My name is Bo. I was a month old when my biological parents deserted me on the footstep of a small townhouse in Manchester, England. I had been wrapped in bundles of blankets, crying out into the cold, Christmas night for my parents. I was put onto Theresa and Callahan Abshire's footstep. Young newlyweds they were and they had just recently discovered that the chance of them conceiving their own child was incredibly low, I was welcomed into their home like I was their own. For years I found myself transporting from location to location without actually finding out how I got there but somehow I always got back home when I pictured it in my head and wished I would be back in my mother, Theresa's arms with her red hair dangling over my face as she kissed and hugged me.
Until I realized my capabilities and strange disappearances I was able to teleport myself from one place to another in barely a second. I would think of a place I had already been and then poof! I was standing right where I was imagining not even a second ago in my head. My parents were astonished but insisted that I keep my secret safe. I was eleven years old when Cynric, my guardian angel, showed up at my window one late night with a fantastic story to tell. He was beautiful, golden skin, golden hair and bright blue eyes. He stood before my bed as I hid underneath the blankets peeking out and noticing that he had some kind of glowing aura around him. But only I could see it. I knew it wasn't really there but I knew it was a sign. A good sign. And that sign told me not to be afraid. He spoke, finally, and everything became clearer.

The Fifth World was introduced into my life and almost every question I have ever asked myself and my parents was answered. I never told Theresa or Callahan about Cynric. He was my secret. The Fifth World is a world a lot different to this one. A world where the supernatural exists, a world that no humans in this world know about. It is Cynric's world and my world and that all has to do with my biological parents. Almost every night Cynric would watch over me, sometimes speak to me and also invite me back to the Fifth World where I could live and learn and be happy being myself - someone who is not different, someone who is just like everybody else.

"I am an Angelican. Some say were are like angels, we watch over the Average Humans and sometimes we can intervene and work our magic but only when we have the government's permission."

I remember asking him what a government actually is, at that age I wasn't really aware of many of the things going around in the world, of how the structure of society works...

"As a Time Jumper," Cynric had said to me, "you would need the education to understand how your powers work."

By eleven I was well aware of how to use my convenient power of teleporting myself from place to place. I assured Cynric of that.

"Ah," he said to me and held out his index finger, "but as you get older things will change and you won't be just a jumper."

"What are you talking about?" I had asked him in a high pitched voice.

Cynric then went on to tell me about puberty - I had already learnt the basics at school - and how my time traveling powers would kick in once I hit puberty. Hence why I am a Time Jumper. I can jump from location to location and from time to time. However, the time traveling is much more difficult to manage. But the jumping? That's a piece of cake.

"That is why you should come with me back to the Fifth World and you can learn to control your powers there," he had continued.

I always wondered about the Fifth World and what it looked like, what everyone else there was like. Cynric told me about the beautiful buildings and structures, the giant green fields and the perfect still lakes that looked like mirrors. I considered going with him at first but I changed my mind because I knew that I couldn't bare leaving my dear parents and their new born baby, Adam, who they had finally conceived - their happy family was finally complete.
As the years went by Cynric became more than just someone who watched over me, he became my friend, my best friend, and as puberty came and went my time traveling powers delayed themselves and I found that I was nothing but a Jumper. A strange one at that. Cynric suggested maybe it was because I had spent all of my life in the Average Human World, he said that maybe my body was losing its powers and I was turning into... one of them, an Average Human - it didn't seem like a bad idea. I would like to be normal.

Through long conversations during the night, I learnt about the five different human species - three I had already encountered. The Thornes. The Shape Shifters. The Angelicans. The Time Jumpers. The Average Humans.
A tough time came into my life when I was sixteen and a half, my dear father, Callahan, had been killed in a tragic car accident. My mother, Theresa, was heartbroken. I took responsibility for myself and my six year old brother, Adam. I had always been independent so taking up the role as 'mother' while my own mother sulked in her bed for weeks on end seemed easy enough. I was completely wrong. There was load after load of laundry washing. Plenty of dish washing. Plenty of cleaning the house. Cooking meals, preparing lunches. Helping my mother get from room to room without being reminded of Callahan. Taking Adam to school. Teleporting myself to school and back to Adam's school in time to pick him up and taking up a job so I could help support my broken family. I used my power as my advantage and became a delivery girl for the local pizza shop. I delivered pizza's that were still burning hot from the oven. I was their star delivery person and earned good money.
Callahan used to be a lawyer, a good one at that, he was always in the papers and sometimes we were pictured with him too. I was proud of him and so was the city of Manchester. He earned us good money and he loved each and every one of us with his entire heart. My suffering of his absence had been hidden away when I had to take responsibility for my family. I miss him everyday but I stay strong and don't ever show weakness on my face.

I time traveled for the first time when I was seventeen, I had finally broken down. I had finally accepted my father's death and how everything around me seemed to be crumbling to the ground. At first I didn't understand how my bedroom looked like it belonged to a ten year old, how the posters of different rock bands were no longer on the walls and how soft toys and dolls were scattered across the floor. I had then realized that these were my dolls, from years ago, my toys, from years ago. All there, looking perfectly brand new. I had stayed in my bedroom for three long hours during the night with my six year old self... a little girl, me, and I told myself about myself. It sounds confusing, yes, but I was having a conversation with me. A girl who looked completely innocent, a girl who had not yet been visited by Cynric. I explained to myself, during the long night, about my strange time travelling but I refused to let myself know about my father's death and about everything that goes wrong in the future. I remember this memory, this memory of me as a six year old, at night, sitting alone in her bedroom to see a girl, three times her age standing in there looking as petrified as me. That was me. The next morning I had convinced myself it was just a dream. In the future, today, now, I had realized that it was all reality. I traveled back to the present three hours after my arrival in the past. I didn't even know how I did it. But I did. That was when I considered agreeing to go with Cynric, my Angelican, to the Fifth World.