Sequel: The Fifth World 2

The Fifth World

Spend The Day

Bo: "That should be rape," Cyrnic grumbled angrily as he sat on the other side of the room, as far away from me as possible. He is angry with me.

I felt myself smile slyly, "you wanted to kiss me."

He didn't answer. He simply folded his arms and leaned his back against the wall. I want to run my fingers through his hair. When he kissed me it was like magic. I can't even explain how it felt. It was some kind of rush. But it was magnified. It was amazing.

"I want to send my family on a holiday," I whispered quietly.

"A holiday would be nice."

I shook my head, "it would be but I won't be going with them. I'm going to the Fifth World."

He looked up at me hopefully, a surprised expression on his beautiful face. The moonlight shined down on his face. He is glowing. "Really?"

"Will you help me send them away, Cynric?"

His head nodded, "of course I will."

"You out of all people will know that me going back with you will be dangerous. If the Thornes were after me when I was a baby they would still be looking for me, right?"

He simply shrugged, "they might assume that you're dead."

"Thornes won't and neither will the government," I feel like I've lived in the Fifth World my entire life. I know so much already. I'm sure there is plenty more to learn but I've been there before and I've witnessed supernatural events. I think I know the basics.

Cynric nodded his head, "alright, where do you want your family to go?"

"Okay," I said, "just think, if things go wrong, I want my family to be out of the country. I don't want them to be found easily. I don't want the Fifth World to be able to track them down. So, I want Mum and Adam to go to Australia. I think that's the best solution. Callahan has relatives over there, Mum loved it there and Adam will too."

Cynric nodded his head and appeared to be thinking quite hard. I know what he is remembering - the last time I went to Australia. Well, the first and only time I ever went to Australia. I had gone back in time, I had seen him and we had kissed and had come very close to doing more than that. That was a good memory. A strange but good one. I felt myself smile.

"Well," he sighed, "let's do it."

Cynric: I have been sitting in the same place for the last hour. It is warm in Bo's bedroom. She sleeps. I sigh, occasionally glance over at her as she stirs and then I return my gaze to her wall or her window. I watch as the night passes. I stare at the stars. I think. I will be sending two return tickets to this address in the morning. On Monday, Theresa will receive a prize from a competition she apparently entered a few months ago. She will receive two return tickets from Manchester to Melbourne, Australia. Her and Adam will be there for a month. During that month Bo will remain at home, according to her family, and she will pack and attend the Fifth World Academy.
I am excited, I am mildly afraid. A million thoughts are running through my mind. I sigh and yawn as my head falls back on the wall. My eyelids droop and before I know it, I am asleep.

I feel a warmth on my left cheek, it disappears and then there is a warmth on my other cheek. My eyelids flutter and I find myself staring directly at Bo. She is beautiful even early in the morning when her hair is a mess and her eyes are red.

She smiles softly, "you've never slept here before."

I look towards the window, recognise the morning light that is obviously shining through. Oh no. I stand up quickly and Bo follows me to the window.

"Calm down, Cynric."

I quickly open the window and feel the breeze brush passed me. I shiver but continue to climb out. "I have to go, I shouldn't have slept here."

"Why?" she demanded from me, her hands on my back. I sigh and roll my eyes. She is making it difficult for me to climb out the window.

I unwillingly turn to her, "I am not meant to stay the night, it is breaking the rules."
"And are there consequences to these rules?"

Honestly, no. I've considered before what would happen if I stayed the night here. Angelicans are meant to watch over at night, when humans or Fifth World humans are supposedly in their most vulnerable state - unconsciousness. Angelicans are not meant to stay till morning. It's more of a guideline rather than a rule.

"No," I mumbled.

She smiled, there was hope present in her eyes, "then stay. Spend the day with me. We can go out somewhere. We can see a movie, we can get some breakfast, anything you want."
I sigh. "I can't do this now, Bo."

"Think about it," she pushes, "haven't you ever wondered what it is like being an Average Human? You act like they are nothing, like they are animals... but has anybody in the Fifth World created something even more technical and advanced than a computer? Do they have iPods and MP3 players? Or anything like that?"

I smile, "we're actually a lot more old fashioned. We have the things we need. We aren't equipped with luxuries that aren't necessary."

She took my hand and pulled me away from the window. "We'll see a movie. Do you have cinema's in the Fifth World?"

I shrug, "not many."

"Then," she grinned excitedly, "let's go." She took my hand, let our fingers curl and pulled me towards her door. Wouldn't Theresa notice her bringing a boy downstairs? What about Adam? I know that Theresa would not find this acceptable. And then Bo suddenly let me go. She pulled her hand away from me abruptly, turned towards me. Her eyes have widened.
"No! I want to stay!" she yelled and tried to grab at the collar of my shirt before she was snatched somewhere into time. I stood alone in her bedroom with myself staring pointlessly at the wall. I sighed.