Sequel: The Fifth World 2

The Fifth World

Angelica Falls

Cynric: "Do we need a car?" I hear Bo ask me loudly.

She's in the bathroom, going over for the fifth time that she has all of her toiletries. I sigh and sit by the window to look out at the beautiful sun rise. She was up before light today. I think Bo thinks we have a huge day of traveling ahead of us. Although, it isn't. It'll take us a couple of minutes to get to the Fifth World - not an entire day. But I think I'm enjoying watching her panic and stress. It's quite amusing.

I feel myself smile, "we don't need a car, Bo."

"Then, how are we going to get there, Cynric? Are we going to fly?" I hear her call.

I laugh, "you'll find out when we get there."

I heard her scoff and I chuckled quietly to myself. For years I've been wondering what it'd be like to bring Bo back to my world - my home. For years I've also feared it. I know that there shouldn't be any way whatsoever on anyone figuring out who Bo is... but there are possibilities.

"Okay," Bo appeared in the doorway. "I'm ready."

I smile at her, pick up her luggage and gesture for her to come towards me. A strange expression appeared on her pretty face but she came towards me. I pull out my dagger from my pocket and she studies it as I raise into the air and draw a portal. Once the portal is done, I slip it back into my pocket and take her hand, our fingers curl and we walk into the Fifth World.

"For many years I've wondered what it'd be like to bring you here," I comment as we roam the streets of Hargon.
We've been here for about ten minutes. Bo is fascinated and somewhat excited. When I first met Bo I hoped that she'd be ecstatic. But she's quiet and she observes everything around her. "Unfortunately you're not as excited as I hoped you'd be many years ago."

She turns around and smiles at me as we pass a couple of Time Jumpers dressed in nineteen twenties clothing. "I've been here before."

"I know."

I watch her look at each person, up and down, analyse their clothing, smile and continue down the street. We're not going anywhere in particular at the moment, I thought I'd just let Bo enjoy everything. Maybe I should show her Angelica Falls. I think she'd like that. She'd definitely appreciate it. I watch how Bo hurries ahead of me, her feet moving at a faster pace than mine along the brown brick road. She runs over towards a fountain, the centre of the neighbourhood we are in at the moment. She looks down at her reflection, touches the water with her fingertips and smiles when she noticed the golden coins resting at the very bottom.

"People's wishes," she says to me when I arrive beside her.

"Yes."

She swallows, "what would someone, in this perfect world, wish for?"

I shrug, "peace, freedom, a different life." I know that many Fifth World Humans wish they could be an Average Human, wish to be completely unaware of the supernatural. Naive. Innocent. I sort of understand where most of them are coming from. I'd like to be able to walk into a dark, gloomy street knowing that I don't have to be afraid of anything but another Average Human or rats or something.

"Love?" Bo asks me, her eyes staring at my face.

I nod my head, "a lot wish for that too."

"It'd be hard to find love in this place. There are too many restrictions, too many boundaries," she says to me. "Society forces you to live your life surrounded by these different kinds of humans yet the government rules that you cannot love them."

I shake my head, "nobody can stop you loving someone, Bo, only you can."

She looks up at me, hope in her eyes and I look down at her wishing that I could just take her in my arms and hold her. But I can't. We don't have privacy and not only that - we are surrounded by Fifth World Humans. I clear my throat and the moment has finally been killed - by me - and Bo looks away from me and towards the ground. She then continues down the brick road without me, her pace even faster than before.

"Wow," Bo says, we have been walking apart for the last ten minutes or so, I followed her through Ash Forest, the smallest forest in the Fifth World. It only takes seven minutes or so to get through to Angelica Falls. I didn't even tell Bo about it. She just spotted the forest, spotted the path snaking through it and hurried down like a little child.

"What do you call this place?" she asked me as we stared up at the amazingly beautiful cliff side. Clear, blue water tumbles down and ends up at the bottom where there is a large pond. The cliff side is about forty metres high, connecting with a small mountain. Behind that small mountain are more mountains where nobody really goes - unless they want to
meet face to face with Thornes.

"This is Angelica Falls. Calhoun Hargon discovered this place. He was one of the first Angelicans to walk the Fifth World. The name, Calhoun, means warrior and boy, he was a warrior. His strength could be compared to a Thornes. His speed too. He was an athlete and fought for his people hundreds of years ago."

"What happened to him?" Bo asks curiously. That's the sad thing about it. Nobody really understands what happened to him.

"Nobody knows," I say with a sigh, I remember when I was child I used to think of Calhoun as my hero, I would read stories about him, famous battles he was involved in... nobody wanted to tell me the truth - that he was dead. I found out at the Academy when I was ten years old. A wise fellow whom I despised - since he despised me - thought it'd be amusing to inform me that my one hero, Calhoun, had died. Well, that's what everyone believes. The truth is that he went into the mountains for vengeance because some Thornes had killed his wife and daughter. He never returned. "He went into the mountains and he never came back."

Bo's face falls, a little, but she looks away from me and then up towards the sky. The sun is setting, it feels even darker and colder here, because of the forest and the falls. Bo shivers and I tighten my grip on her suitcase. "We should go," I say to her and turn around to walk back through Ash Forest.
And now I'll take her to my home, introduce her to whatever friends or relatives barge in, and tomorrow I'll bring her to the Academy.