Sequel: The Fifth World 2

The Fifth World

Painful Wounds

Bo: "Will you do something for me, Cynric?" I whispered and let my eyelids droop.

I am exhausted. I am angry and I am frightened. I can still feel the cigarette's head burning itself into my bare flesh. My body aches. My bruises are blooming perfectly, the purple and blue colors are finally revealing themselves. I cringe when I feel the numerous slashes across my skin sting.
I am leaning against my oak bed frame whilst Cynric, his beautifully angelic self stands just a meter from me, the glow of his golden yet pale skin lighting up the room.

There are five different types of humans. The Average Humans, the Time Jumpers, the Angelicans, the Thornes and the Shape Shifters.
Angelicans are meant to be the most generous of creatures, of humans, they bring peace, they bring love and they have the power to make your wildest dreams come true. Angelicans are always beautiful, they are always perfect and they are the most intelligent of all humans. It is their role to watch over the Average Humans, to monitor them and to prevent any interference from the Fifth World's Humans.
The Average Humans, which are the majority of humans, who populate almost the entire globe, are like my neighbors, my friends and my adoptive parents and their son, Adam. They have no special powers, they have no traits that make them the kindest nor the most beautiful or intelligent of humans. Each and every one of them is different and they are entirely oblivious to the supernaturals existence.

I am a Time Jumper or a time traveler, I guess you could say. Sort of. From the day a Time Jumper is born they have the ability to teleport themselves, any clothing on them or items they are carrying, by simply thinking of a location they have already been to before. They have to have step foot in this location for them to be able to teleport themselves there.
Once Time Jumpers get to a certain age, which is around their time of puberty, they can jump through time and have no control over it whatsoever. They must learn to control their time traveling otherwise they can be stuck in time, in their past, in their future and never find their way back to the present.
There are the Shape Shifters, who obviously have the ability to shape shift. They can only shape shift into a creature if they have personally seen this creature with their own eyes. Then once they have seen this creature they may shape shift into it whenever they desire, whether it is two years after seeing the creature or even a decade.
The fifth human is the Thorne. Thornes are evil, they have the strength of a lion, their bodies are designed to kill, to destroy. They are predators and it isn't known if they have any actual feelings such as sympathy, empathy or love. They are evil, they are dangerous and their one objective in life is to gain control of the Average Humans and therefore the world.
Laws binds the Fifth World Humans, - the Thornes, the Angelicans, the Shape Shifters and the Time Jumpers - we are bound to keep our existence a secret. We must keep our existence a secret from the average humans, the humans that populate the majority of the world, the humans that are entirely unaware of our existence. The humans that I live upon and desire to be. I used to think about the Fifth World and how different my life would be if I lived there... but now all I want is to be normal. Since my first time travelling experience all I have wanted is to be normal - to be an Average Human. That's what they're known as. That's what my mother and brother are known as. Average Humans.

Cynric took a step towards me, his beautiful, golden hair glowing underneath the moonlight, with the tip of his finger he touched my cheek gently, "anything."

"Find that bastard who did this to me. Find Derek Brown and hurt him. Severely."

He breathed out once and appeared to be thinking about it, considering it. Doing something like this for me would be going against Cynric's nature, Angelicans - and some prefer to call them Angels, although, they aren't exactly angels - are meant to be kind, caring, etc. But it's not like they're the most friendly of creatures. Sure, they send out love and peace and all of those hippie needs but it doesn't mean that the Angelican themselves is like that.

"Okay," Cynric sighed, "I'll find him."

"I'm coming with you."

He looked back at me, sighed and shook his head, "that's not a good idea."

"Why?"

I had gone on a date tonight, a date with Derek Brown. He had been asking me out numerous times for the passed month and I always declined. He's on the football team and he's seen as a heart throb. There were rumors going around, I don't know who made them up, suggesting that I must be a lesbian if I rejected Derek Brown. But that's not the case at all. So, yesterday when he asked me out again I accepted and tonight after taking me to a movie and attempting to kiss me, he drove us to a huge wildlife park, we sat in the car park, in his car and he tried to make several moves on me. He just wanted to have sex with me and I tried to fight back but he was too strong. He punched me a few times, leaving lovely and fresh bruises on my skin, sometimes splitting the flesh and he even stuck his burning cigarette into my skin. That was the worst part about it.

"Because," Cynric breathed and stared at my black eye which was coming out beautifully, he then took my wrist into his warm hands, pushed up my sleeve and found even more bruises. Carefully he looked around my neck, found nothing, thank god, and then looked around my collar bones where he spotted the circular hole that was deep in my skin, from Derek's cigarette, "the things I will do to him, I don't want you to have to see." The tip of his index finger ran around the hole and it stung a little but I stayed put and wiped a tear away from my face. "How did he do this to you?"

I sighed and breathed out heavily, "he took me to a park and he wanted to have sex with me. I kept telling him 'no' but he was really strong, he didn't rape me but he got pretty close to it. He hit me and punched me and then I kneed him in the balls and he finally stopped but shoved his cigarette into me."

Cynric flinched, put his arms on my shoulders and sat me down on my bed. I was with Derek not even seven minutes ago. It all ended quickly and I teleported myself home straight away. "You could have jumped back home," Cynric whispered.

"No," I said, "it's against the law to use our powers in front of Average Humans."

He smiled softly and hurried out through my bedroom door. I've never seen him outside of my bedroom, he's always coming in through my window and I'm not even sure how he manages to get through. He just appears there when my window's open. I always have my window open at night, rain, snow or shine. Cynric returned moments later with a bottle of antiseptic liquid in his hand, anti-inflammatory and an-aesthetic ointment in the other. He left them on the bed and left the room again and came back with bandages and band-aids. I sat still as he worked and put the ointments and liquids where my bruises and cuts were.
"Shouldn't you have some kind of power that can heal me?" I asked him hopefully.

He laughed once, "I'm an Angelican not God."

"I'm coming with you to find Derek. You need my help to find him."

He shrugged, "not really, I'm sure I can handle it myself."

"I'm coming with you, Cynric, and that's final."

It didn't take long to finish cleaning myself up, making sure band-aids and bandages were where they needed to be. Cynric sighed, "alright, let's go."