Sequel: The Fifth World 2

The Fifth World

The Fifth World Academy

Bo: "Oh my god," I say to Cynric, "it looks just like Hogwarts."

I notice Cynric make a strange face at me as we walk up the hill. It seems like forever. But it isn't. Within a few minutes we're already at the Academy. It is beautiful. It's like a castle, the same brick used for this Academy is used with the rest of Hargon. I feel my heart beat faster, it's not from nerves either, it's from excitement. I smile widely as I notice other students carrying books and bags over their shoulders, they are dressed in the same clothing that I see the public wearing out in town. The Angelican's are wearing white, the Time Jumpers are wearing clothing from different' era's and the Shape Shifters are wearing... well, as little as they possibly can. I notice most of the females are wearing a plain, thin dress. Probably so they can tie it around themselves for later - whenever they shape shift. It's strange, time traveling has mastered the art of bringing ones clothes with them... but shape shifting hasn't. It's not like I'm expecting someone to discover a way a Shape Shifter can keep their clothes without stripping off or having their clothes tear to pieces... I'm just thinking that Time Jumpers probably should lose their clothes too... it's just strange. I scoff.

"What's a Hogwart?"

My mouth falls open, "Harry Potter? Are you kidding me?"

Cynric shrugs and then I remember what he said to me once. We aren't equipped with luxuries that aren't neccesary. Therefore, television isn't really used and it's probably rare to find one, films are barely viewed and MP3 players? I'd be surprised if anyone here knows what an MP3 is.

"How's your wrist?" Cynric asks.

I look down at it, unwillingly, I sigh. Cynric put a cast on it this morning. It dried quickly. That's probably why he woke me up so bloody early this morning. So I could have plenty of time to let my cast dry.
He's carrying my luggage.

"It's fine," I say. The cast stinks.

I look up at the huge gates that are connected to tall brick fences that run around the entire property. Now that part is scary - it seems like a gaol. We keep walking. More students are walking passed us.

"Where do we go?" I ask Cynric.

He smiles at me, "follow me."

Of course he knows. He came here once. But he's also waited for this day for years. Of course he knows where to go. He's been planning for this day for years. And now it is finally here.

"Welcome new students," the young woman says, she has a husky voice but even then, it is smooth too, her accent sounds South African.
I wonder how she got that accent. She's an Angelican and looks the same age as me. She's stunning. She has dark brown hair, tanned skin and has vibrant green eyes. I wonder how old she really is. She should be a teenager, barely an adult but by the way she speaks... she is wise and must be older than my own mother. There are other staff members behind her, a young woman of Asian descent, a young man with pale skin and curly red hair and then an older woman of about forty years of age. "And welcome past students. I'm sure all of you are looking forward to your stay at the Academy here. You will learn about yourselves, about your people and about your history. Classes will be according to what you are, except for Fifth World History. Your dorms will be according to your gender. I will also stress to Angelicans - you are not allowed to use your powers," she begins to smile, "and if you do, we will know."

I breathe out nervously. I'll have to ask Cynric how exactly they find out if you use your powers... think about it, I'm here to be a Time Jumper. If I use my power and they find out... they'll know and I'll be ina lot of trouble. For everyone else, it's just the fear of punishment... for me, it's the fear of my life.

"There are different committees and sports teams you can join, however, I wouldn't count on being accepted - I am sorry to inform you that beginners are usually turned down when they apply for some kind of extracurricular activity." She breathes out and overlooks the crowd of thirty people or so.

I'm guessing half of these people are like me - beginners.

"Each year we have the Grand Ball. All students of the Academy are required to attend, they may bring a partner or date from within the Academy or outside. We also have the scavenger hunt through Ash Forest and other events that require as many participants as possible. You will meet the rest of the students tonight for tea and the rest of your professors. I will now excuse you all to your dorms where you can settle in and prepare yourselves for class tomorrow. You'll find that your luggage has already been put into your rooms and your timetable of classes has been placed on your beds. I'll see you tonight."

We're in a giant hall and whilst this woman has been speaking I have been sidetracked, paintings are everywhere, carvings are all over the roof which is about forty feet high.
I look back at normal level and realise that everyone is filing out of the hall. Cynric is standing beside me, he is waiting.

"Oh," I say and quickly begin to move, "sorry."

He smiles and approaches one of the staff members, the man with the curly red hair, he reminds me of Adam. Gosh, I miss Adam. I miss Mum. The man looks at me, studies me for a few moments - which is quite uncomfortable - and then he returns his gaze to Cynric. The man smiles and mouths one word to Cynric. Cynric thanks the man and we leave the grand hall.

"Do you know what is fantastic about being a Time Jumper? Well, your benefits?" Cynric asks me. We have just walked through the dorms. I am passing many other beginners with their Angelican's beside them.

"What's that?" I ask him as I smile at some people.

Some of the girls in here are going to be my new friends. They're going through the same thing I am.

"You can sleep in and be late to class and whatever," he says, "you're quite lucky. If you want to travel in time if you've slept in, you can. And it'll take you an instant just to get there."

I smile, I've known that for years. Well, not the time traveling part... but the part about getting to class instantly is pretty good.

"That woman that was talking, who is she?" I ask.

"Oh," he says, "that's Professor Munez, she's an Angelican, obviously, and she just works in the administration. She does the welcome speech almost every day. I'd find it tiring if I were her."

I nod my head.

"You know," Cynric says to me and runs his hand through his golden hair, we pass more people and then continue up a staircase, "I've never been in the girl's dormitory."

I scoff, "oh, that's right."

We stop at a level and there is a long corridor with plenty of doors. I'm guessing these are the bedrooms. I follow Cynric towards a door. It has the symbol of a star on it. It's painted in gold. Every other door has different symbols. I notice how Cynric takes a good look at the symbol, smiles to himself, and then continues inside. I wonder what he's thinking and if these symbols mean any significance at all.

"Is this my room?" I ask. There are two beds inside and from what I can see another door leads to the bathroom. There is also two chests of drawers and a big closet. It's actually quite nice. The bed sheets look warm and comfy, the window is big and wide with pretty drapes that have been open all morning. The room is warm.

"Yes," Cynric says, "this used to be one big dorm, actually, but they decided that they should just put some walls in and reduce the size of it so they could include private bathrooms."
I wonder who I'll be sharing my room with.

"Do you know who I'll be rooming with?" I ask.

Cynric shrugs, "I'm unsure about that. I'm guessing it's someone interesting."

"And why's that?" I ask him. He knows something.

He smiles, "earlier, I was told which room you'd be in. The rooms here aren't numbered. They're assigned according to potential. One of the Angelicans of the administration - his name is Kinsey, I was speaking to him earlier. His unique gift is seeing potential in people - whether they are a Fifth World Human or not. All he knows is that... you have the ability to do something great, therefore you were given the room with the star symbol on it."

I swallow, "wow." So, Kinsey must have been that young man with the curly red hair. The one that reminded me of Adam.

Cynric smiles at me, he is excited. And then there is someone by the door, well, two people by the door, actually.

"Yes, wow is the right word." I hear a sharp voice.

A young woman's voice. My eyes find the owner. She has deep red coloured hair, definitely fake... but for some reason, it looks natural. Is that even possible to get hair like that? She is wearing a black tank top, her body is slim but even though she is feminine looking... she is muscular looking too... not overly, not masculine... but athletic. Her legs are the same, although, they're like pins, even when covered with her khaki cargo pants. Is she a Thorne?

"Who are you?" I ask her, my voice a little stronger. Hopefully I'll be able to show her that I do have a backbone, if this girl is evil... well, not literally, but if she does have a bad streak... I'm not going to let her push me around.

"I'm Felicity," she says with a smile, takes a few steps into the room and takes the bed that is the one I have claimed. "This is my bed." Her Angelican follows her like a lost puppy, although, he doesn't look lost.

"It's Bo's," Cynric says and takes a step forward as if he is defending me. Felicity smiles, her green eyes vibrant and scary looking, she looks at Cynric up and down. Cynric scowls at her and then sets his sight upon Felicity's Angelican. Recognition appears in Cynric's eyes.

"This is my bed," I say to Felicity, "I was here first," I cock my head to the side, "take the other bed, Thorne." Felicity grunts, scowls and finally resorts to the other bed. She dumps her luggage on it.

"Ah," Cynric says and nods his head towards Felicity's Angelican, "Solomon, it has been a long time."

"It has," the other Angelican, who I guess is named Solomon, says. He has a dark complexion, he's probably African or something. His smile is wonderful to look at, it's perfectly white and perfectly straight. His arms are long, lean and muscular looking. His face is plump and luscious. His torso is long and built. He looks like a natural athlete. "I see you have finally gotten your first Average Worlder here, I believe congratulations are in order."

Cynric chuckles, it is an irritated chuckle, "thank you but there really is no need."

I notice how Felicity begins to unpack her belongings. I wonder what potential she has. Whatever it is, it is obviously powerful. Is it good? Or is it bad? I do know, however, that Thornes rarely come to Hargon, let alone the Fifth World Academy. So, what is she really doing here?
This will be interesting.