Sequel: The Fifth World 2

The Fifth World

Back To 2006

Bo: I stare at my bedroom. Why am I here? Why did I have to leave the present and come back into the past? I must be thirteen or something because there are no soft toys or dolls or anything around. It's all pop star posters and other things. I sigh, sit down on my bed and close my eyes. It is night time. I am alone.

I suddenly let my eyes fly open. It is night time. I am alone and I should be about thirteen, fourteen or fifteen. Right? That must mean that Cynric is around. He should be here. I run towards my bedroom door, stare at it, stare at the calender that hangs and realize the year. It is 2006. In the present it is 2010. That must mean I am thirteen. In 2006. Now. Sort of. I wonder where I am and I check the date.
December 28th 2006. I breathe out. Christmas and New Years in 2006 was spent in Australia, where some of Callahan's relatives live. That was the only holiday we went on. Adam was two. I was thirteen. It was a lovely holiday. I liked the change of a white Christmas into a boiling hot one.
I run over towards the window, let it open and sigh as I wait on my bed for my angel to arrive. I spend an hour there and realize that I am not afraid - usually I am when I travel through time. But at the moment I am not. Another hour passes and I find myself becoming quite tired. My body stings. It aches. I wonder about Derek Brown and how he is suffering from his injuries right now, but then I remember, that hasn't even happened yet. At the moment, Derek Brown is thirteen. He hasn't even asked me out yet.
There is a strange shuffling sound and I sit up to see that Cynric has arrived. He stares at me curiously. Wow. He hasn't changed one bit. Not at all. His hair is still the same. His skin is still the same. He must be nineteen here, right? I'm seventeen. There's nothing wrong with that.

"Bo?" he speaks to me curiously as I stand up and step towards him. He is cautious, careful as I stand before him, not even a foot away from him.

"You know who I am?" I question him. He doesn't see me like this until 2010, right? This Cynric knows me as a thirteen year old little girl. But then again, my appearance probably hadn't changed that much within a four year period.

He nods his head, "this isn't the first time we've met."

"Of course not," I say quietly, "I'm thirteen, now, but me? I'm seventeen. At the moment."

He breathes out once, his sweet breath caresses my face, "I've seen you as a seveteen year old before... and as an eighteen year old."

My mouth drops, "really? Do you see me much?"

He nods his head, "sometimes."

The excitement has come over me, the fear of being in the past is no longer there and I find my fingers grazing themselves against his cheek. He closes his eyes as I touch him. We both know this is wrong, so, so wrong in many different ways. But I can't help it. Cynric is my angel, my Angelican. I have loved him since the first day I met him and I don't even know why I've just realized it now. I feel the butterflies within my stomach flutter as well as burning feeling, a feeling that yearns for him.

"You haven't changed a bit," I whisper to him.

He smiles softly, opens his eyes, "Angelican's dont age. When are you from?" It seemed strange, though, it was as if he was just asking the question out of habit rather than actually wanting to know.

"2010. You are beating Derek Brown up for me."

He raises an eyebrow, his curiosity not present, "Who is Derek Brown?"

I smiled. Right. I keep forgetting, it hasn't happened yet. Of course. "Never mind, you'll figure it out in time." He nods his head once and my now trembling fingers cup his cheek. "You're so beautiful," I tell him and he smiles softly. His right hand slowly takes my waist as his left hand rises and touches my cheek. "When I'm eighteen... do we do this?"

He shrugs, "you're a bit more aggressive at eighteen. A lot has happened to you too but you don't tell me what. You say it might ruin the future."

"Does the future sound good? When I talk about it?" I ask him.

He nods his head and smiles, "it doesn't seem too bad."

I watch how his lips inch closer to mine, how my body is shivering uncontrollably because he is touching me. This is breaking the law. His lips brush over mine gently, kiss my cheeks, my closed eyelids, my chin and finally my lips. A newly found energy comes over me and I begin to kiss him back urgently, my hands curl around his neck, my fingers tangle through his perfect hair as our kiss intensifies. Our mouths are open, our tongues are tangling and his body is pressed up against mine. I don't know how much time we have. I don't know when I'll be sent back into the present. My hands unlock themselves from his neck, travel down towards his chest, feel the perfectly strong muscles beneath his skin. He wears the same white clothes all the time. The long sleeved, buttoned up shirts, the thick white pants and sometimes three quarter pants with white dressy shoes. I wonder if he has to wear this apparell or if he just chooses to.
My fingers unbutton his shirt, slip it off him and then it is draped across my dresser. He isn't holding back either. His fingers pull my shirt up and over my head, I whimper quietly as my bruises and cuts sting. Especially the burn. That hurts like hell. I unbutton his pants, pull them off as his hands are at my waist, pulling my skirt down. I whimper slightly at the giant bruise that is freshly blooming across my thigh. Gosh, it hurts.
Cynric stops, he pulls away and spots the many bruises and cuts across my body. An exprsesion of horror is shown on his face and I immediately shudder and cover myself up with my butterfly bed spread. He comes a little closer to me and runs his fingers over my bruises, around my cuts and around my burn that is on my chest. It stings a little.

"Bo," he whispers my name, "Derek did this to you. It's horrible."

I close my eyes and breathe out, "I feel fine."

"No," he takes his hands away from my body. I shake my head. "You're in pain."

I feel the tears collecting in my eyes and my vision becomes so blurred that I can only see his shadow before me. I sigh as he wraps his arms carefully around me and pulls me into his bare chest. Oh god. Oh no. I can feel the pull. It's happening. I'm leaving. Cynric holds me but I do not let him know, with one hand I take my clothes and hold them to me. He is still hugging me. I try to tell him three words, three words and three syllables but it is too late. I am gone and he is kneeling on my bed, half naked and feeling quite worried.
♠ ♠ ♠
Think of Cynric's unique gift - of seeing into anyone's past with just one touch of their flesh - in particular in this chapter. :)