Sequel: The Fifth World 2

The Fifth World

Ashes And Wine

Bo: I sigh deeply as I look out over the clearing. Alfred and the rest of his army and parliament left about twenty minutes ago. All that there is left are the dead and us... the people of Seabrooke, or what is left of them.
Even now, even looking at this place that is full of nothing but blood and weapons and dead people... I can't leave it. I just... I can't. The people here are wonderful and the idea of being banished from this place is probably one of the worst things.

I feel someones hands touch both of my shoulders and rub me gently. I sigh again, turn my head slowly and wrap my arms around Cynric. He kisses my forehead and holds me for a while.

"I don't know what I will do, Cynric," I whisper to him, or whimper, "I can't go back home and pretend that none of this ever happened. It'll be too hard to go back to school with all of this in my mind... plus, I'll never be able to see you or anyone else again."

He breathes out a heavy breath and keeps his arms around me, I am warm here, "I do not know either, Bo."

I let go of him, slightly, and look up at his beautiful face, "tell me everything will be okay, tell me you'll see me again. Just please, I really don't know what to do."

A tear falls down my cheek and another and another, he wipes my tears with his thumb and he speaks as if it is painful, "I can't lie to you, Bo. I don't know what lies ahead anymore."

"I can go into the future," I say to him with some hope, "I can try to see what will happen. I'll find out if everything is going to be okay."

Cynric shakes his head, "Bo, using your powers... and your traits is also forbidden. I would not risk having to face parliament again. Just jump back home and... live the life you were supposed to... as an... Average Human."

I feel my bottom lip tremble, "do you want me to leave?"

"No, no, of course not," he says and cups my face in his hands, "Bo, I cannot stand the idea of being without you but I can also not stand the idea of you staying here, being caught and then being killed. Think of Adam, think of Theresa. They need you."

I almost feel guilty for even forgetting about them just for that second. Of course Mum and Adam need me because I need them just as much. I love them. Mum is sick and she needs my help, Adam is... well, he is without his Mum a lot and sometimes, or most of the time, I need to take care of him too.

"Is there any way I can speak to you? I can't just jump back here or you can't just meet me at home like old times? Climb through my window, appear in my bedroom, come every night, I will wait for you!"

He shakes his head and presses his lips together in a tight line before speaking, I know that whatever he is about to say hurts him to do so, "no, Bo. I can't."

I breathe out heavily and my arms around him slip, my fingers fall, as I register the thought of never seeing Cynric again. I take a step back and he stares at me, waiting for me to say something... but I don't. I just turn away from him, so slowly, so painfully that walking away is like the hardest thing in the world. I see Felicity first and she stares at me with tears in her eyes. Oh, my Felicity. I will miss her very much. She will always be my best friend. She welcomes me with open arms and I fall into her.

"You take care, you hear?" she whispers in my ear.

"You too. Try not to get into too many fights."

She laughs as she lets go of me and then we stare at each other for a good ten seconds. I want to remember her like this, not like the Thorne she is, not like this evil person she is expected to be... but as Felicity. Just as Felicity. My friend Felicity.

Nancy is next and I can tell that she is still very upset about Janine. I would expect her to hold me like a mother would hold me but she barely touches me at all. She is too upset. Instead I hold her with as much strength as I can as she cries on my shoulder for both me and Janine. She ends our goodbye with a kiss on my cheek.

I turn around to see Caine... oh, Caine... my other best friend. My best friend who, like I will be, is missing his significant other... probably now more than ever. I wrap my arms around him and my head rests on his shoulder. Oh, Caine. I will miss him very much.

"Caine," I whisper in his ear, "he's alive. Lucius is alive... the Thornes have him."

"What?" he asks me and lets go of me quickly.

If these are my last words to Caine... then fine. He has to know this. He deserves to know this.

"Lucius is alive. He has been locked in the dungeons with the Thornes for a very long time but he misses you... and he loves you."

I hear Calhoun clear his throat uncomfortably. I turn around, look at him and then I look back at Caine. I have to get moving. I wrap my arms around Caine again and kiss his cheek before I look at Calhoun. Calhoun may be troubled, well, very troubled... but I think I can look at him as a father figure... now.

I hug him carefully, "whatever you are looking for, Calhoun, I hope you find it."

There is always something in life that keeps you going... whether it is life itself or something else... Calhoun has experienced almost everything that I could imagine could go wrong yet he still lives. Whatever is driving him, I hope he finds it. After hugging him I turn to the remaining people of Seabrooke and I wave to them, hug a couple of them and then I return to Cynric. Most people leave us alone. He kisses me, holds me and tells me that he loves me. Each second I am with him I am so happy but I can feel my heart breaking inside... and it is so excruciating... over these last few weeks I have felt my heart break and shatter from several things but right now, this is the worst. I don't know what I'll be like after all of this.

I kiss him on the lips again and I wipe my tears, "promise me you won't do anything stupid that'll get yourself killed."

He smiles once and shakes it off, "I promise."

He doesn't need to say anything... I already know. It is time to go. I look out at the clearing again, look above the trees and see the beautiful mountains surrounding us and then I take one last look at the people, these beautiful people I can now call family. I will miss this place very much. I turn back to Cynric, close my eyes and rest my head on his shoulder. I will love you, forever. I just hope it doesn't end like this. This can't be the end. Everything we have done, everything we have worked for... I'm not ready to lose the only love worth fighting for.
I take in a deep breath, bite on my bottom lip and somehow I manage to build up the courage... to disappear.