Sequel: The Fifth World 2

The Fifth World

City Of Hargon

Cynric: I've always been intrigued by other Angelican's unique gifts. Mine by far is the most useful. I could be a mind reader, if you think about it. When I know somebodies past, see their past, I can basically predict their every move, their thoughts and their opinions of a situation. I can understand how they feel under different circumstances and I can unlock hidden secrets. Sometimes the government asks me to help them if they need information about a certain person. Sometimes I accept and sometimes I decline.
I've met Angelicans who can shape shift which was initially thought of as bad luck rather than convenient. The government questioned these Angelicans and asked me to look into their past to see if they were half casts - half Angelican and half Shape Shifters. But they weren't. They just had a unique gift which happened to be shape shifting. One of the Angelicans in government has a unique gift of recognizing other people's powers... however, that's all his gift is. He knows their potential but that is all. It's not like he can use their powers or anything. He can just see what they can do.

I think about Bo a lot and how she's doing in the Average Human World. Maybe it isn't such a bad place for her. Maybe she should be there. If the Fifth World Humans discover her capabilities and her being a half cast... then there'll be trouble. Bo is the only living half cast today, well, to my knowledge. And it's not just the fact that she is a half cast that can make her dangerous and useful, it is the fact that being half Angelican and having a unique gift can make her a tool. A tool that can do great things. Terrible things.
I am the only person who knows Bo's secrets. She doesn't even know her own secrets. She doesn't know that she is half Angelican. She doesn't know that she has a unique gift. And that gift is powerful. Bo can manipulate. Her unique gift is manipulation. No matter how stupid or how little evidence she can have in an argument, she will always win. It's a great power that can bring about grave results. She can influence anybody she wants, that's if she uses her power correctly. I don't think I've seen an argument that she has used her power on yet. I'm curious to see her do it but afraid to see the results.

I walk through town, look at the perfect buildings that look like they have come straight from the 1800's era that the Average Humans had. These buildings are beautiful, made from stone. Inside they are equipped with everyday needs, everything you'd find in the Average Human World you will find in these buildings. I sigh as I stroll along the brick road, greeting those who I know, nodding at those I don't.
This is the city of Hargon. A beautiful city at that. There are no Thornes here. The majority of Thornes refuse to live with the Shape Shifters, Angelicans and Time Jumpers. They live in the mountains, in caves, underground. I think they have their own academy there where the young are taught how to become even stronger, understand the traits of other Fifth World Humans and how to fight in battle. There are some Thornes at the Fifth World Academy but not many. The Thornes I know are not always friendly but they are definitely better company than the ones outside of Hargon.
I travel through the streets, greet a friend of mine that owns a fruit and vegetable store and he throws me an apple. I catch it, thank him and keep moving. I arrive home about ten minutes later. My home is small but it satisfies me. Theres a small kitchen equipped with an oven, refrigerator, pots, pans, etc, there is a lounge, a dining room, two bedrooms and one bathroom. This is my home and I live by myself. My parents were killed a week after I was born. Thornes attacked Hargon one day and they had to fight to save the city. I was kept in the Fifth World Academy along with the rest of the children, elderly and other adults. I never really knew my parents but I do know that they were wonderful people. Courageous people. I'm proud of them. There was a knock at the door. I sighed, stood up from the couch which I had just been lying across and hurried towards the door.
"Hi," said Janine after I opened the door. She grinned at me excitedly. I've known Janine for years. We're both twenty four and attended the Academy together. I think she's been in love with me ever since. Don't get me wrong - Janine is beautiful, I guess... but red heads aren't really my style. Her green eyes glowed as she stood before me in a creamy white dress that reached just above her knees.

"Hey, Janine," I said to her and she happily bounced into my house and made her way towards the lounge. Talk about intrusive.

"So," she grinned at me, "have you gotten that Time Jumper to come to the Fifth World yet?"

I shrugged, "if I had then I wouldn't be here, would I? I'd be at the Academy helping her settle in."

There was a strange sound, a thud, a 'poof' sound and I turned around instantly to see a friend of mine - Nancy. She's like my sister and I truly love her. I've known her since I was born. Her Time Jumper parents brought me up after my parents died. Nancy is about twenty six.
"Well, hello," she said to me as she sat on one of the couches and stretched her legs out. I sighed. She ran her fingers through her long blond hair and sighed. "Aren't you going to say hello to your big sister?"

"You're not my sister," I said bitterly to her.

"He's in a bad mood," Janine answered and scowled at me for a moment before returning a pretty smile to her face. I sighed and let my body flop onto the third and last couch.

"I'm not in a bad mood," I groaned, "I just don't like it when people intrude into my home."

"No," Janine added in her high pitched and incredibly annoying voice, "you're just mad because that Time Jumper of yours won't come here. You're the only Angelican that hasn't succeeded in bringing a Fifth World Human back to the Fifth World, did you know that?"

I rolled my eyes and put my hands over my face, "Yes, I knew that!"

Nancy laughed loudly and then sighed, "think about it, though... what would you do if someone wanted to take you from your home? It's all you've ever known. If you ask me I'm not that surprised that this girl wanted to stay in the Average Human world."

Janine rolled her eyes unhappily, "You're a Time Jumper, Nancy, you don't understand how us Angelicans work."

Nancy scoffed, "I've lived with one for almost two decades, I'm pretty sure I know how they work."

Nancy stood up from the couch, walked into the kitchen and raided my cupboards - all of which are pretty much empty. My fridge is pretty close to empty too. I spend so much time watching over Bo that I don't have time to get my own food or anything. Sometimes I like to follow Bo and see what she does during the day and in her spare time.

"Have you ever heard of food, Cynric?" Nancy asked me, appalled.

"Haven't had time," I said to her and threw the apple that had been in my hand for the last five minutes over my shoulder. She teleported herself about a meter behind the couch I was sitting on, caught the apple and laughed happily.

The Fifth World doesn't interest me much. I find myself happier in the Average Human world, I like to watch over Bo. She is interesting. I stood up, closed my eyes and sighed. "I'm going to go."

"Where?" Janine asked me curiously. I can sense that she would like to come with me.
I looked at Nancy who was taking a big bite from the pink lady apple. She smiled and silently gave me permission, nodded her head and I went towards the front door of my house. I'm going back to Bo.