Sequel: The Fifth World 2

The Fifth World

Two Bo's In One World

Cynric: I returned to Bo on the Tuesday night only to find her bedroom window closed. I sighed, sat on the roof top and tried to be careful along the tiles. I watched over her as she slept and couldn't help but think how strange this is. Gosh, I'm like a peeping tom. Disgusting. At least she's not getting changed. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind that... no- no. It's against the law to love a human that isn't part of your species. It's wrong. It's illegal.

I sighed and let my head fall into my hands. It's cold and wet again tonight. Right now it's raining. I can't help but feel this way towards Bo. I've known her since she was a little girl and I promise, I never thought of her as anything back then, I simply thought of her as another child, I watched her grow up and was astounded with the Average Humans. They're strange and simple creatures yet intriguing. Bo has grown up into a beautiful, intelligent and caring young woman. I admire her for taking care of her brother and taking care of her mother. She is very special.
I looked up at the night sky hoping that some stars would shine down on me and make me see some light into things. But the dark, gray clouds created a thick blanket. It'll pour down soon. It's already lightly coming down. I sighed. A question I have always asked is about Bo... she is half Angelican and half a Time Jumper. Is she immortal? Like me? Does she stop aging at a certain age? Or does she just keep going? I wonder what is the dominating gene... Angelican genes or Time Jumping genes? I'd love to know the answer to that.
I look back at Bo, she stirs, rolls over and continues her even breathing. I then leave. Like Derek's house, Bo has a white wooden grate or grid thing that is lined up on the brick wall. Vines grow across them and in the Summer beautiful flowers bloom. It is a lovely sight. But anyway, I climb down and begin to walk the streets of Bo's world. I pass Derek Brown's house and resist the temptation to go and check up on him. I pass many of Bo's friends houses, including Jonathan - a boy who used to be her neighbor and who I am quite jealous of. He has known Bo for a long time and I do know that she is quite attracted to him. Thankfully, I don't think he's interested. I would like to shake his hand, introduce myself and then I would be able to see his past and know how he truly feels about Bo.

Before long it was pouring with rain and I was walking along the streets, dressed entirely in white from head to toe, my shirt completely drenched and see through. The fabric was clinging to my skin. With a sigh I pulled out my dagger, a dagger that is given to all Angelicans. We use it to travel from the Fifth World to the Average Human World and back again. I sighed, drew a large rectangle in the air, about the size of a door which lit up brightly. It was a floating rectangle, an appropriate size for somebody to walk through. A portal. I sighed again. The Average Human World is so much more interesting. The portal opened and I was about to step through when I heard somebody call my name.
I spun around and spotted a girl, black hair dripping wet running towards me. Bo? What is she doing out at this time of night? She vanished as she ran towards me and then appeared in front of me not even a second after I watched her disappear.
She was about to wrap her arms around me but stopped herself. I stared at her in shock. She doesn't look older but just a little different, her hair is a bit longer, a blond streak running through it. She is wearing jeans and a tee-shirt.

"Where are you from?" I asked her.

"2011." She's eighteen.

"Are you okay?" I asked her and let my hands fall back to my sides. I can't touch her, it's wrong.

She looked at me with a strange expression and then it hit her, "oh, right, you're stopping yourself... I remember this phase quite clearly."

I raised an eyebrow, "phase?"

She smiled, took a step towards me and almost touched my face with her finger tips, "it doesn't last forever, Cynric. Soon you won't be able to stop yourself." I felt my stomach churn. What? But that must mean that I'd be in a lot of trouble! It's against the law! Someone will find out and I'll be executed or locked up or something. I shuddered.

"Am I okay, Bo?" I asked her. In the future, am I okay?

She smiled softly and shook her head. Surely, surely I have to be. I know Bo, if something is wrong and I'm not safe then she'd be in hysterics. But then again... if I really want to know... all I could do is touch her, a simple touch of my finger to her flesh will give me all the knowledge I need to know. She won't let me, though... I could just touch her without even asking. That's fine. But then again, knowing the future - this nineteen year old Bo's past - will drive you insane. I sighed. I can't. If I touch this Bo, I will see her past, see some of the Bo (that is sleeping peacefully in her bed as we speak) that I know here in the presents past. I might even see what happens to me.

"I can't let you know about the future," Bo grinned, "and don't even think about touching me. If you touch me you'll see what will happen and I can't let that happen."

"Because it might prevent it from happening," I whispered quietly. She nodded her head. I've taught her well. But I consider it. Those four years ago when I kissed Bo, when we almost made love, when I saw how hurt she was, the bruises, the cuts... I saw into her past, therefore some of it being my future and I knew what was going to happen.
It all did happen. None of it was different. Every single detail happened.

Bo smiled at me, "what are you thinking about?"

"Do you remember when you were seventeen? That night when we went to Derek Brown's house-"

"And I traveled back in time to see you," she continued, "I remember it well."

"I saw your past," I whispered to her, "it all happened. It all happened the same way. All of it. I could touch you now and your past will be my future. It will happen."

She shook her head, "I'm not risking it." Why? What is there to risk?

"Kiss me, Bo," I said to her, she shook her head, "go on, I dare you. Just kiss me." One touch and I see everything. One kiss and I will want Bo forever and ever. She refused and sighed. It is tempting for her. She wants to kiss me. She really does and I really want her to - whether it's for my own pleasure and that I'm in love with her or just for my knowledge.

"Everything's going to be okay, Cynric," she says with a soft smile, "you may feel overwhelmed with what the future will bring, which is very soon, but everything will be okay. I can promise you that."

I nodded my head slowly as I stared at her. I so want to kiss her. To hold her. That would be fantastic. It would mean so much to me. But I can't. It is illegal. I sigh. "Do we get into trouble? With the government, Bo?"

She shrugs, grins widely and then she vanishes before my eyes.