Status: On Hiatus

Finding Love

I Thought Music Was Supposed To Be Soothing

The next morning I woke up and I was alone. I got up and felt my stomach growl at me. There was nothing I could do about it so I just got dressed then went out to the living room. Everyone was out there setting up cameras and stuff. But then I noticed some people were gone. I wonder were they went. My mom saw me and came over.
“Oh honey you’re up. Come have breakfast.” She said and guided me to the kitchen.
“Not today. I think I’m going to go get something and take a walk.” I said. Then she gave me some money and I left. I started walking down the street and stopped at a little market. I went in and bought one of those shakes that are supposed to supplement your breakfast, and I bought three of those five hour energy bottles. Luckily there tiny.
Once I left I started walking back towards the woods. I made my way through the trees and found my usual spot. I took a seat on the ground and started drinking my shake. I just sat there for awhile. After about thirty minutes I pulled out my cigarettes and my lighter. Yes I smoke. I have to have one smoke in the morning or I can’t function. I lit one up and sucked in the smoke. It helped so much. I blew out the smoke then took another hit. Once I finished my cigarette I put everything in my bag which I had brought and got out my body spray. I sprayed myself and then used a mouth freshener. Once I smelled good I started walking home. I had already been gone about two hours.
I walked in the front door and it was quiet. I shut the door and started walking around. Soon I found people. They were scattered. I found my mom and told her I was home and she told me Ryan wanted to talk to me. So I went and found Ryan.
“Hey we need to talk.” He said once he saw me.
“Yeah I know. What about?’ I asked.
“Well tonight we are going to do dead time. If you don’t want to be apart of it then that’s fine but since all the activity is focused around you it might be a good idea for you to be there.” he said.
“Ok that’s fine.” I said.
“Ok. Well at eight were are going to go over procedures. But until then you can do whatever.” He said. Soon I left and went into my room. It was silent. I didn’t like it. I turned on my music to medium and had Snow Patrol playing. It played for a few minutes till I heard scratching noises embedded into the music and then all of a sudden it switched off. When I went to turn it on it switched back on by itself. Weirded out, I just sat back down. But as soon as I had touched the bed it went off again. Again I went to turn it on but it turned on by itself. Fed up, I took the batteries out and just sat down.
Then it started playing music again. How was it possible though? I took the batteries out. As I sat there astonished the music started getting louder and louder until it hurt my ears. I’m sure everyone could hear it in the house. I tried to turn it off but it would not stop. Soon people came barging in telling me to turn it down.
“It’s not me! I just took the batteries out!” I screamed over the music. The weird thing is it went louder then it could ever go. Sergey came over and started messing with it right before it started making the same scratching noises. It was really hurting my ears now.
“Make it stop!” I cried and held my hands up to my ears.
“I can’t!” He yelled over the music. I had finally had enough so I went over to my window and opened it. Then I walked back to the stereo and picked it up despite how much the music hurt. I then marched over to my window and through it out. It fell two stories and then crashed into the ground and shattered. Then the music stopped.
“Well that’s one way of doing it.” Sergey muttered. I sighed and sat down on my bed.
“What happened?” My mom came over asking me.
“I don’t know I had turned my music on and then I heard scratching noises and it shut off so I went back to turn it on but it went on by it self. So then I sat back down and it went off again. It happened again so I just took the batteries out. Then it started playing without the batteries or a power cord and got really loud. I tried to turn it off but it wouldn’t go off, and you know the rest.” I said.
“Why don’t you go stay with a friend till tonight..” My mom said. I nodded my head and then left. I started walking down the street and eventually was standing in front of this guys house. His name was Connor. He was the one that got me the cigarettes and anything else I needed.
“Hey what’s up?” He asked as I walked in his house.
“Stupid ghost stuff.” I muttered. He laughed and I laid own on his bed.
“Anything else?” he asked.
“My mom called in people to help. Their there now setting up stuff and shit.” I said.
“Woah. I didn’t think it was that serious.” He said.
“Yeah but whatever.” I said. We talked for awhile, once it was time to go home I left and walked home. I arrived and stepped inside. Everyone was getting ready and then we all sat down in the living room.
“Ok lets just go over a few ground rules. First off be careful about what you say. Don’t say anything to provoke it unless me I say its ok. I don’t want anyone to get hurt. So on that note if at any point you don’t feel comfortable just tell me and we will get you out of here.” he said looking at me directly. I nodded my head and he continued.
“And make sure you don’t pen yourself up to this thing. We don’t know what it is or what it is capable of doing. So lets get going.” He finished and then everyone got into their places.