I am a Goth Cheerleader

Changing Faces

I was excited. Lestat and I were becoming great friends. I was hoping for more but I remembered Marius. I started my relationship early on and I could not do that again. I would wait for the right time. I spent my whole summer hanging with Lestat, going to gymnastics with Kelsey, and talking to my brother and Dean. Adrian was still in love with Josh and they were the cutest couple.

One night I was at this small record store shopping for some new music. I was browsing through some black metal and someone reached for the same thing I was. I looked up to see the one person I hated. Sydney. At first I was angry and then confused.

“Sydney. What the hell are you doing in the black metal section?” I asked amused.

“Why do you care? I hate you and you hate me simple as that.” She said cocky.

“I do care. First, you try to get with my boyfriend, then we fight, you make up cruel rumors, and then are with my ex-boyfriend at a concert. You know what don’t even bother. I don’t know what you’re doing but I still hate you.”

“Blair I don’t hate you, I envy you.” She said. I stopped dead in my tracks. I turned around. She was looking into space.

“I never hated you I just acted like it. When you came to audition for cheerleading, I knew you would never make it. When you did your routine, I was amazed at how good you were. Better than me. When people would make fun of you, you never backed down. You never cared what others would think. I wish I could be like that.” She explained.

“That still doesn’t cut it. It was no reason to act like that.”

“Yes it was I was once like you. Dressed like you, listened to music like you, and had a small amount of friends. I was tired of being picked on. When I got to high school, I just started dressing preppy. I had more friends and popularity. I was never happy but I had to keep it up. Now that I’ve graduated, I’m going back to my old self. I never really dated Marius. I told him everything including the rumors. He understood but I don’t think he’ll ever forgive me.”

“I get it Sydney. I’m not going to hate you anymore. Would you like to get something to eat?” I asked putting my hand out there.

“I would like that.” She took my hand and actually hugged me.

We spent the rest of the day together. She would hide all her music from her friends because she had the same music taste as me. She told me her whole story of her life and we shared some stories about cheerleading.

I told her that since she was going to school here that we would continue to hang out. I took her back home with me and invited everyone over so that we could clear the air. I didn’t invite Marius or Diana but we smoothed everything out. She invited us to her house to check out how she actually was and everything was good.

It was time to go back to school. I got dressed and ran out the door. The school was bustling and Lestat was the first one to greet me.

“Hey beautiful. I enjoyed spending the summer with you. I wanted to ask if you wanted to go on a date or something this weekend.” He said sheepishly.

“I would like that Lestat. I never thought you would ask.” I said giving him a small kiss.

“Hey you two.” I heard Kelsey say behind me. She and Dean hands were locked together.

“I’m guessing you two finally got together.”

“Yeah yesterday. Blair thanks for introducing us.” Dean said.

We started walking towards our lockers and we passed Marius and Diana. They looked at me with sorrow in their eyes. I just held my head up and passed them by without a second glance. I was still angry.

I met Lestat’s sister. Her name was Sally. She had chocolate brown hair, hazel eyes, and she was a little short. She and Lestat were like two peas in a pod. They had the same taste in everything and I hit it off with her easily.

“Are you excited Blair?” Kelsey asked when the first bell rang.

“Yes. We try out for cheerleading, we have every class together, and everything is right with the world. Come on we can’t be late.” We said goodbye to the boys and went to class.

The first person I saw was Diana. I sat down in front of her and turned around to face her.

“Diana we need to talk about what happened. Come to my house tonight so we can talk.” I turned back around and talked to Kelsey who sat next to me.

The rest of the day went smoothly. I told Marius the same thing I told Diana. Kelsey and I tried out for the squad. We would find out if we made it tomorrow.

When I got home that afternoon, I waited patiently for Marius and Diana. I didn’t have gymnastics because it was Monday.

“Hey sis what’s up?” Adrian asked when he walked inside.

“I’m waiting for Marius and Diana we need to talk about what happened. I’m crossing my fingers.” I said. Adrian went up to his room to IM Josh.

The doorbell rang soon after. When Marius and Diana came in, I started to talk as we sat down.

“Okay guys, I’m gonna start first. During summer vacation, I saw Sydney. She told me she confessed to Marius that the rumors were hers. We became friends because her tough, preppy exterior was hiding her true self. I’m still upset at you guys but I’m hoping that we could start over. Diana you’ve been my friend forever, we’ve been through tougher than this. Marius you were my first real relationship and I still have feelings for you.”

“Blair I’m so sorry. I cannot believe I believed them over you. I cannot tell you how much I hated myself for doing this.”

“Me too Blair. I loved you and I am extremely sorry for hurting you. I know you’re with that Lestat guy and I hope that you have a better relationship.” Marius added.

“It’s okay you too.” I stood up and embraced them both.

“Blair I have one thing I have to tell you.” Diana said. “I just found out that I’m pregnant.”