I am a Goth Cheerleader

What Have You Done

It was Thursday and it was time to show the girls the new routine. Kelsey and I made it up last night. I was so worried about my date that I totally forgot to make a routine.

I loved our squad. They were all good but uncoordinated in the dancing department. They caught on early and it was easy to teach them. They worked hard.

“Good work today girls. You’re really starting to shape up. Tuesday we’re going to get to know each other. We need to be like a family.” I explained.

“So Blair, I think today went great.” Kelsey said to me.

“Yeah I’m glad that they’re not that bad. They catch on quick and hardly stumble. It’s coming along great.”

“Wanna meet up at your house later?”

“Yeah I have to go home and start dinner. Mom’s gonna be late. You have to help me throw my outfit for Saturday together.”

“Adrian”, I called as I entered the house.

“I’m up here.”

I walked into his room and found him just laying on the bed in silence.

“Adrian sit up and talk to me. I know Josh breaking up with you was hard but you should talk to me.”

“Well he was such a great guy to me. One day I saw him walking with another guy. When I walked up and started talking to him, he practically blew me off. When I confronted him, he said that he did love me. However, he told me he met a guy and they really hit it off and he wanted be with him. He even told me he had been hanging out with her and flirting with him while we were dating.” Adrian broke down and cried.

I held him and rubbed circles on his back. I could not believe what had happened and I knew it was all right. Once he calmed down, he said he wanted to lie down.

I heard a knock at the door while I was finishing dinner. I opened the door to reveal Kel with all her schoolbooks almost tumbling out of her hand. I helped her and she followed me to the kitchen.
“Wow Blair, it smells great. What are you making?” Kel asked her nostrils flaring.

“I made fried chicken, homemade macaroni and cheese, with broccoli.”

“Your mom must love it when you make dinner.” She said laughing.

I called Adrian down and he said he would be down in a second. Mom came home just in time and we all sat down to eat. We all caught up with each other. My mom always made sure she knew what we had been up to. Nothing was off limits. By the time, Kel and I finished homework we had no time to set up my outfit.

“Sorry we couldn’t pick out your clothes. I’ll be by tomorrow.” Kel promised.

“Good I’ll see you then.” I walked her to the door.

When I got up to my room I fell on my bed exhausted. I fell into a dreamless sleep.

The next day I awoke to the sound of my alarm clock. In a zombie like trance, I showered and got ready. When I made it down the stairs, Adrian looked happier.

“Adrian what are you so happy about?” I asked perking up.

“Well last night I met a guy online. He said he went to school with us and that he would meet me by the gym.”

“Are you sure he goes to our school? I don’t want anything happening to you.”

“Yeah he told me his name and I looked him up in the yearbook. He was in there. I cannot believe I’ve never talked to him before.”

“Well that’s good. I have to get going. I gotta be early to go over my project with Kel.”

I bid my brother goodbye and made my way to school. Kelsey was there waiting for me already.

“Kelsey how long have you been here?”

“Never mind that, I have the idea for our project. We should do our report on Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.”

“Why him, I’ve read ‘Faust’ but I’m not sure why you want to?”

“Well last night I was talking to Dean and he told me about his life. He was an amazing writer, he painted, and so many other things. It would be great, let’s go ask our teacher now. I noticed he was in his classroom.”

Before I could protest, Kelsey was dragging me down the hallway. After we told our teacher our project almost the whole school was already there.

“Hey Kel, Blair, what’s up,” Lestat said as he walked up behind us.

“Good how about you,” I said nonchalantly.

“Blair I see Dean. I’ll catch up with you later.” She said running off.

“So are you ready for our date tomorrow?” He asked smiling.

“Yeah, I just don’t know what to do. I haven’t been on a date in awhile.”

“It will be fine. Don’t worry; by the way, we’re going on a picnic. So dress accordingly.” He said.

He gave me a hug and ran off as the bell rang signaling time for class.

During school I could not concentrate. I was worried about my date and would not be ready for any more drama that might come my way. I was still worried about what happened before the summer. I felt like I was falling for a guy to soon again and was hoping he was not like Marius. Nothing much happened because I spent lunch in the library. I was finding stuff for the project so I would not have to face Lestat. I did not want to talk to him; I just needed time to clear my head.

While I was in the library, I noticed Joshua come in with someone I never expected to see him with… Marius.

Marius never told me about liking guys. I would have to ask him about this. I found my chance when Joshua left the library.

“Marius I need to talk to you right now.” I said sternly.