I am a Goth Cheerleader

Change

I woke up the next morning with the sun streaming through the windows. I did the normal routine. I remembered all the tips and tricks to get ready for my date. Once I was dressed and ready I had a little time. I finished what little homework I had and the doorbell rang. As I raced down the stairs, my brother had already opened the door.

I saw Lestat standing there. He was breathtaking. A black button down unbuttoned over an Iron Maiden shirt and black skinny jeans.

“Hey Blair, are you ready to go?” He said eyeing my outfit.

“Yeah come on.” I said a quick goodbye to my twin and I was off.

“Blair you look amazing.” He finally said.

“Thanks and so do you. Where are we going anyways?”

“Well I figured we could walk the trail and then come back and have lunch.” He said as I noticed the basket and blanket in the back.

We finally pulled up to the park and I was ready to get outside.

We walked down the trail continuing our conversation on our family. I learned he had a little sister who looked up to him, a dad who left when he was five, and a crazy but super friendly step-dad. I told him about my mom, my father who worked all the time, and my brother.

We walked up to a fallen tree branch and decided to take a break.

“Lestat I know it’s kind of a random question, but I was wondering what you were going to do after high school?”

“Well I was hoping to go the the local community college for two years and then go to a university. I’m not sure where but I figured community college gave me some time to think about it.”

“Wow that is exactly what I was planning on doing. It was my moms’ idea that I do it. She said it would help me get ready for a four year.”

“Blair I know it’s only been a month but I really like you. I hope it’s not too early.”

“No it’s fine. I feel like I’ve known…” Blair trailed off as her and Lestat came closer together.

Their lips touched and in that moment, everything disappeared. It started as a small kiss but slowly became more intent. Blair intertwined her hands into his hair as his roamed her back. When they broke apart, their foreheads touched and they stared into each other’s eyes.

“Are you ready to head back?”

“Yeah,” Blair agreed breathlessly.

They enjoyed a great lunch. They talked about their favorite bands, movies, and random other things. When they were about to kiss again Blair’s phone rang.

“Sorry I have to answer. It could be my mom.”

Blair picked up the phone and heard a crying Diana.

“Blair I need your help.” Diana managed to choke out.

“Diana calm down what’s wrong?”

“I told my dad and he kicked me out. My sisters with me but she has to return home so dad doesn’t get mad at her can you come get me.”

Blair calmed Diana down a bit and got all the information.

“I’m sorry Lestat,” Blair said after hanging up. “I have to pick Diana up.”

“I’ll take you. Just give me directions and I’ll get you there as fast as I can.”

We hurried and we were off to grab Diana. I needed her to come home with me. I could not leave her out there on her own.

When we got to the destination, her sister was gone and she was shivering on the sidewalk. I ran to her and threw my jacket around her shoulders. She just walked solemnly with her head down. Once we drove her to the house and gave her something warm to drink, we started asking questions.

“Did he say anything else after kicking you out?” I asked.

“He said if I wanted to get rid of it I could move back in. If not I have nowhere else to go. I could not even think about aborting my baby. He even said that, that rid didn’t mean adoption.”

“Diana let me call my mom and see if you can live here.”

Blair called her mother and worked out the details. They decided to go get Diana’s things the next day. After Diana, lay down to sleep Blair walked Lestat out.

“I’m sorry the date ended so badly. I just can’t believe Diana’s parents.” I said to him.

“It’s okay Blair. I don’t mind at all, at least we spent some time together.” He said.

He leaned in and gave Blair a small kiss. He walked out into the night to go home. Blair was happy that everything was going to work out in the end.

She laid out on the couch and quickly drifted off to sleep.

I woke up on the couch and wondered how I got there. I soon realized it was because Diana was living here. We had a guest room we never used and figured we could put a bed back in there. She could have her own room.

I walked up to my room to wake Diana. I found her sitting on the bed reading one of my books.

“Hey Diana, are you alright?”

“Yeah I’m fine. I woke up two hours after I fell asleep. I started reading this book and I’m almost done.” Diana answered.

“Well I figured that only Marius, Dean, Lestat, Kelsey, and I would go get all your things for you. You can have the guest room next to mine. I’ll make sure you feel right at home.” I said sitting beside her.

“Thank you Blair. I’m so sorry for everything I did. It’s been a hard while for me.”

“That’s all in the past Diana. I don’t care about that anymore and I forgive you.”

We hugged and Diana said she was still tired. She finally laid back down and I went to call everyone to help me. Marius’ mom said we could use her truck and all the other cars could take her belongings. I would help her get through this.