I am a Goth Cheerleader

Closure

The next morning Blair woke up in Lestat’s arms. Her body felt right next to his. She was so happy with her decision.

“Lestat wake up sweetheart.” Blair whispered in his ear.

She slowly shook him awake.

“Oh Blair, are you alright?” Lestat said sleepily.

“Yeah and I was just wondering if you were hungry.”

“Sure I’m gonna make you some breakfast.”

“That would be great,” Blair answered.

Blair got up with Lestat and they made their way to the kitchen. While they made breakfast they talked about the future. Blair and Lestat talked about the future. Blair had been offered a cheerleading scholarship at the local university. Lestat was getting money from his grandparents to pay for school. He would be going to the same college for psychology. They would wait after college to get married.

Monday at School

“Hey Blair, show me the rock.” Diana said.

“Here,” Blair said showing Diana her finger. “I’m insanely happy and Adrian had a long talk with Lestat.”

As they sat at a cafeteria table Lestat, Adrian, and his new boyfriend Evan met them a few minutes later.

“Hey guys,” a deep voice boomed behind them. They all looked to see Marius and Aiden holding hands.

“I’m so glad you finally got together.” Diana exclaimed running to embrace the boys.

“On prom night actually, we just wanted it to be a surprise.” Aiden explained.

Kelsey, Dean, and Jacob joined them later.

***


The following weeks flew by as finals were finished, caps and gowns were ordered, and college plans were finalized.

Adrian and Evan were attending NYU together. They both saved up so they could pay for their dorms. They both received scholarships by being enrolled in the scholarship program by completing the required classes.

Diana and Jacob would live at home and work to pay for college. The baby drama had put a small dent in their plans.

Marius’ mom was paying for his classes if he payed her rent money and for his books. Aiden was going to college because his dad would pay his way. Aiden had decided on his own to take business classes to work and later take over his dad’s computer repair business.

Kelsey and Dean were going to also attend school with Blair and Lestat. Kelsey with a cheerleading scholarship and Dean on an art scholarship.

Graduation Day

Blair, Lestat, and Aiden graduated with honors. Kelsey was the valedictorian. She got up to speak with the greatest confidence.

“Graduation is a word that brings to mind many different words. Happiness, uncertainty, hopelessness, or maybe all three. No matter what or how you feel graduation is a time of reflection and hope.”

“Reflect on your life and how high school made you who you are now. Hope is for the future that we will have and that things will happen no matter what. Whether you know your plan for the future or have no clue just try to make good decisions. Try your hardest, never give up, and your life will follow the right path.”

“It is time to go out and make the world ours.”

A round of applause erupted throughout the building. At the end of the ceremony they friends met up.

“Kel that speech was great.” Blair complimented.

“Thanks Blair, it felt good while I was speaking.”

Dean walked up and wrapped an arm around Kelsey’s waist.

“Come on let’s go out of here and go out for pizza for old times’ sake.” Adrian said after he pulled away from kissing Evan.

The friends walked with arms and hands linked. It was the end of High School but the beginning of the rest of their lives.

***

The End