I am a Goth Cheerleader

New Feelings

I woke up on Saturday with my alarm beeping. I had to wake up early to clean up my room. I turned on my iTunes in my computer and it started playing “A Message for Adrienne” by Underoath.

I tried so hard to be her day, but the night has already taken me away
Shedding dreams under the maple tree where I carved your name
Nothing left, not even time straight reads the line
His life had reached the end, only wanting to be loved by Adrienne
Letters explained his grief, but she would never read
His wrist would bleed, but she would never see
So he took his life at the age of 23
And she had always loved him, but he would never know
For she covered her love like stars cover the sky
Hiding her heart, fearing that he would find inside
Years took her away, a widow she remained
Holding him deep inside, wishing she too would die
Time favors no one, and if we wait, then we too can fall in love a second too late


When the song was over, I was done. I did not have much to do. I made my way into the bathroom to get a shower. The whole time I could not stop thinking about Marius. I got out and brushed my hair. I noticed my parents and brother were already downstairs.

“Hey mom, dad, Adrian, how’s it going?”

“Adrian said you have a boyfriend.” My mom said.

I was fuming. I was not dating Marius but he insisted that I was.

“No mom. He’s just a guy that moved in that house across from us.” I said giving my brother a killer glare.

I spent the whole day finishing homework. I hardly had time for it after football games. My phone starting ringing pulling me out of the book I was reading.

“Hello, Blair. How’s it going?” I heard Diana’s voice speaking.

“Great. I have to tell you what happened last night.” I said excited to tell someone about it.
I explained every detail that I remembered.

“Wow, Blair. It is like you have your own real life Edward.” She said.

“I knew you would say that. I mean he is incredibly pale but I’m positive he’s not a vampire.” I said laughing.
“I know Blair. Dean and I are going to the mall if you and Adrian want to come.” She asked.

“Sure. Is it okay if Marius comes?” I asked.

“That’s fine, he’s cool anyways.” She said.

We said goodbye and hung up. I grabbed Adrian and Marius who both wanted to come and we headed to the mall.

Marius had brought a Kamelot cd for us to listen too. I had to admit this band was pretty awesome and that he could play their songs were amazing. When we got to the mall and found Diana and Dean kissing. I could not believe it they were dating and did not tell me.

“Diana, I said when I walked up to her, are you and Dean dating?” I said shocked.

“Well we were going to tell you but we just finally made it official.” She said.

I hugged her I was glad for her. She had been through so many bad breakups and Dean was there if I could not be. She had liked him for the longest time and never had the courage to ask.

She told me today that he just asked her if she liked him as if he liked her. I guess the rest is history. We started shopping of course dropping by Hot Topic first. We even went into Abercrombie to freak the preps out. Even though Dean looked like one of them, he totally despised them. They considered him a nerd like the rest of us. We could not help it we excelled at school.

“So like Diana do you so totally love this top?” I asked mocking a valley girl voice.

“Yeah it totally goes with my eyes. I am like bored and tired of this place. Let’s bounce.” She said.

We left the store and busted out laughing. It was so fun.

We got out of the mall at five and we started to drive home.

“Marius, do you have more of this Kamelot band?” I asked.

“Yeah, like every album they’ve done.” He said excited.

“Do you think I could borrow it.” I said.

“You know what I’ll burn you a copy of each.” He said.

“Thanks Marius.” I said. I could not believe how nice he was. When we got to my house, Adrian went into the house while I stayed to say goodbye to Marius.

“I had fun today. We should do it again.” Marius said.

“Yeah me too,” I said. Especially with you there, I thought to myself.
“Goodbye Blair.” He said hugging me. We hugged a long moment until we parted. He left me there very flustered.

I mean I hug my friends’ everyday but this was special. I could not get to close to Marius. I liked him and could not get him out of my mind. I cannot tell him… well not now at least.