Status: CONTEST! 3 SHOT! DONE!

Slow Dance

Dri

It had been about a week after the kiss, and Gerard and I had started to blush every time we looked at each other.
Especially me, and it didn’t help that Frank noticed every time.
“Ivory, you’re blushing again!” Frank pointed out, laughing.
“Shut up, Frank.” I mumbled, and then sighed.
Nothing was normal about Gerard and I anymore. He never came over alone, didn’t want to.
I was starting to think that he didn’t like me, until I was invited to a party at a preps house.
Kay was once again trying to get me together with another guy.
Well this time I was ready, and she wasn’t going to tear me away from my new friends.

I was walking to my favorite tree after another horrible day of school, and noticed that Kay was standing there with Jack, my ex-boyfriend.
We hated each other, and I wasn’t afraid to choke the guy just to satisfy my anger.
“Ivory, what’s up, what’s up, what’s up?” Kay said in her tinkling, prep voice.
“Nothing, Kay, what do you want? Why’s he here?” I asked, and pushed them away from the tree I wanted to lean against.
“I’m here because I’ve been seeing you with a bunch of guys. Are you cheating on me?” Jack asked, and I rolled my eyes.
“Jack, we’re not dating. I dumped you because of the beatings. Leave me alone, both of you.” I growled, and Jack slapped me.
“Don’t say that to me, I’m not going to be that other person in the background anymore. I don’t want to hurt you, but I will.” I felt another blow to my stomach, and I winced.
The pain was excruciating, and it hurt so badly, and then there was another punch to my ribs.
“Stop it, Jack!” I screamed, and fell to my knees. A bad move.
His foot made contact with my stomach, and I lost my breath.
Gasping for breath-while laying on the grass still getting kicked and hit by Jack-I heard someone call my name.
“Ivory! Ivory!” They screamed. Hot tears fell down my cheeks, and I finally let out a scream of pain.
“Oh. My. God!” Kay whispered, and started to dance around happily. “We got her to cry! And look, her boyfriend and his friends are coming to her aid. Ready to take them boys?”
I didn’t understand what she meant by ‘boys,’ but I soon understood when Jack picked up my broken body, and held me there.
About ten other preppy guys were coming to Kay’s aid, and I had to say, this was impressive.
Of course I didn’t though because 1) I’m not stupid enough to say that; and 2) I couldn’t talk just cry and scream.
“Ivory! Let her go!” Gerard screamed running up to Jack, and was held back by two preps.
Mikey ran up to the preps holding Gerard, just to be grabbed by two others.
Then Frank, helpless Frank, ran in with a hose.
“Drop them!” He screamed, and let out a long stream of the cold stuff onto the preps’ clothing.
“No! Our clothes.” Kay screamed. “Retreat, boys. Retreat!”
All three of us-that were captured-were dropped to the ground.
Mikey and Gerard could stand up right away. But I was left on the ground, crying.
“Ivory, are you OK?” Gerard asked, walking up to me. I shook my head; did it look like I was OK?
“We’re going to have to take her to the hospital.” Mikey told him. I shook my head.
“No.” I croaked, moving my lips hurt, and I noticed that I had a cut on my bottom lip.
“We’re going to, come on. Mikey, help me.” Gerard demanded, and soon I was being carried to their car, broken, crying, scared.
“No, Gerard, don’t take me there.” I sobbed, and lay my head on his shoulder when he got in the back with me.
Frank was driving, and Mikey was giving Frank directions.
“Turn there.” Mikey sighed.
“OK… Ivory?” Frank asked.
“Hm?” I asked, and he sighed.
“I’m sorry you got hurt.” He mumbled, and I sniffled.
“It’s OK, Frank. You guys didn’t do anything wrong. Jack’s just jealous because I like you guys a lot. He wants me back.” I winced as my ribs struck a pain through me.
“Ow!” I screamed over and over, Gerard was holding me. His lips on my head.
“We’re almost there. Hang on.” He murmured, and I let more tears fall.

We had made it to the hospital alive-thank God-and now I was currently waiting for the results from the beating.
Maybe I’d have broken bones, black eyes, bruises everywhere.
What was I talking about? I would defiantly have broken bones, at least one black eye, and bruises would be everywhere on my body.
Gerard was lying on the other hospital bed in the room-that he moved right next to me-and sleeping. Holding my hand.
“Ivory? Gerard? Anyone in there?” The doctor, Dr. Chuckles, asked.
“Yea, we’re here.” I croaked, my voice was still sore from all that crying, but I didn’t really care.
“Well, you don’t have anything broken, but you have a lot of bruises. This is expected after a beating that harsh.” He smiled, “you’ll be able to leave in about ten minutes.”
“Why ten minutes? Why not now?” I asked, frightened.
“We want to make sure that your papers are filled out correctly. Don’t worry, that’s as long as it’ll take.” He smiled, and left the room.
I looked back at the sleeping Gerard, and sighed.
Maybe I should ask him, maybe not. He’d never want to do something like that. I thought.
Gerard moved, and started to sit up.
“Did I fall asleep?” He asked, and I nodded. A smile grew on my lips.
“Yes. Gerard?” I asked, ready to ask him the question.
“What?”
“Well… there’s this, um, dance coming up. It’s for my school. And I was wondering if you’d like to come? It’s a Valentine’s Day dance. If you don’t want to go I understand.” I sighed, and he smiled.
“Sure, we can go. Are there going to be skittles?” He wondered, “and coffee?”
“There will probably be skittles, and I think coffee will be there, too. You don’t mind?” This was a shock.
“No, no, no. I think it’ll be fun. When is it?” He asked, grabbing my hand.
“Tomorrow night at nine.” I smiled, and was happy that I got the nerve to ask him to the dance.

This was it. Gerard and I were going to a dance, and Lillian was as excited as a mouse seeing a cheese crumb.
She had bought me a gorgeous black dress, with red high heels. It was the best thing she’s ever done for me.
Gerard said he was heading to my house at around eight-thirty, and at about eight-forty he got here.
“You’re late, Gerard.” I teased, and kissed his cheek.
“Sorry, Mikey wanted to take a picture of all of us guys together.” He rolled his eyes.
Gerard was wearing a black tux with a red vest underneath. His tie was black with red stripes.
“So, let’s get going to this dance. I really hope there’ll be skittles. Hey, is this like prom?” Gerard asked, and I blushed.
“This is my Senior prom. I should’ve told you, but you wouldn’t have come than. I’m sorry.” My eyes began to water, and I had to stop it before they fell.
“It’s OK, Ivory. I would’ve come anyway. If it’s that important to you, then it’s important to me.” He smiled.
“Come on, let’s go. Don’t want to be late.” I sighed, but smiled anyway as Gerard grabbed my hand.

We walked through the doors of the cafeteria. It was supposedly the ball room for the night, not that anyone would really care.
My smile disappeared as Kay started to walk up to us, and I forced Gerard into the crowded room.
“What was that about?” He asked, yelling over the music. “You almost knocked me over. God, you’re strong!”
“There’s a girl, called Kay, and she wants to break us up. That’s why. I forgot she was going to be here.”
“What is she going to do?” He asked, and I shrugged.
“Say mean things that aren’t true about me. If they are true I’ll squeeze your hand. OK?” I asked, and he nodded.
“So if she says something that’s actually true about you, you’ll squeeze my hand?” I nodded, and walked back out of the room.
“Ivory, honey! There you are.” She screamed, and I had to hold Gerard’s hand as tight as I could for him to not run out of the room.
“What are you wearing?” I asked, her dress was pink, and puffy. Only coming to her knees. I shuddered.
“It’s my prom dress. Oh, who’s this?” She wondered, lying.
“That’s Gerard, my boyfriend.” I told her, and she nodded slowly.
“I see. So Gerard, what’s your favorite thing about Ivory?” She asked, and he shrugged.
“Everything, she’s a very interesting person.” He smiled, and I lay my head on his shoulder.
“Did you know she’s cheated on each guy she’s dated?” Kay asked, lying.
“I don’t believe that, because she was pretty hurt when that Jack guy was beating her up for dumping him. Then I came into the picture, and we started dating. I love this girl, and I know she loves me, too. She’d never cheat on me. I know that.” He kissed my head, and I blushed.
He thought that? Of a little freak like myself?
“Crap. Well, Jack and I have to go dance now. See you later.” Kay squealed, and walked away.
I turned to Gerard, and smiled. This was the first time that someone said that they loved me.
“You really love me?” I asked.
“Yes, I love you with all my heart.” His lips touched mine for a moment.
“I love you, too. Let’s go dance.” I told him, and he agreed.

As we walked in the song was pretty shocking to hear. Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven.
This was my favorite classical song, and I felt myself lay my head against Gerard’s shoulder.
“Madam, may I have this dance?” Gerard asked in a Gentleman voice.
“Why, I’m flattered. Of course you can have this dance.” I laughed grabbing his hand.
We walked out onto the dance floor, and I didn’t notice how good a dancer he was.
We were waltzing. The perfect dance for this song. And everyone had moved into a circle, watching us.
Some girls noticed who he was and gasped, squealed, and pointed it out. But nobody interrupted.
Everyone knew who I was, and they knew that I hated interruptions.
“Ivory, you’re such a good dancer.” Gerard whispered, and I smiled.
“You are, also, Gerard.” I complimented. The tempo picked up speed, and so did we.
Gerard and I stopped when the song ended. We didn’t expect the crowd to applause though, and I saw him smile.
“It’s great to be complimented once in a while. Now, since it’s ten, do you think we can start heading home? Mikey is probably freaking out, and so is Frank. Poor, poor, Frank.” He asked. “If you don’t then-“
“Gerard, we can go. I’m just happy you came.” I told him, and we both smiled.
We took each other’s hands, and started to head to the limo he rented.
“Gerard! It’s really him! GERARD WAY!” A girl screamed, and we turned to see eighteen other girls running at us.
“Go, Ivory, get to the limo.” Gerard demanded, and I shook my head.
“No, I’m not.” I turned to the girls, and they kept running. “Hey!”
Then they stopped, and stared. A girl stepped out of the crowd and screamed, “Ivory, you better back away from our man.”
All of the girls cheered at that. And I just shook my head.
“Oh, yea?”
“Yea!”
“Well, has he kissed you yet? Has he said he loves you yet? Has Gerard Way protected you? Because he’s done all three to me. You just love him because of his music and looks. I love him for who he is!” I yelled back, and a group of students surrounded us. It was war for Gerard.
“Ivory-“ Gerard started. I looked at him.
“Shh, Gerard. I’m making a point.” Then I turned back to the freakishly obsessed girls.
“What do you mean that he loves you? When did he say that?” Another girl asked, and I sighed.
“He’s said that to me tonight.” And I felt tears sting my eyes. He really did love me.
“Ivory, let’s just go. Come on, I don’t want you hurt. They’ll go after you so they can get to me.” Gerard tugged on my arm, and I nodded.
“OK, Gerard.” I sighed, and turned towards him. “Just wanted them to know who they’re up against. Nobody can take you away from me.”
“I know, and I love that about you.” He smiled, and then I fell to the floor. “Ivory!”
I heard my name being called about five times before I lost consciousness.

I was still unconscious, but I could hear everything.
“Will she be OK, Doc?” Gerard asked, and the doctor sighed.
“We’re not sure, but apparently she’s been sick for a while. She didn’t know, and neither did anybody else. Other than now, of course.” The doctor pointed out.
Sick? With what? I thought.
“What do you think it is?” Lillian asked-I forgot that she had come.
“It’s a rare disease, and it’s deadly. Nobody has ever lived through it. It’s a five percent chance she’ll actually live. The disease doesn’t really have a name, because we can’t test it.”
“When will she wake up?” Frank asked.
“How long does she have?” Mikey asked.
“She’s not going to wake up, and she only has two hours if she has this disease. You better talk to her; she can hear all of this.” Then the doctor left.
“Can I have time with her first?” Lillian asked. “She’s like my daughter.”
I heard everyone agree, and they left the room. The door closed.
Lillian sat next to my hospital bed, and sighed.
“Oh, Ivory. I’m sorry you didn’t get to live for long. Seventeen years isn’t that long, and you didn’t get to do everything you wanted.” She sniffed. “I wish that you would say something. Do something. Just so I know you’ll be alright.
“I got you that cat you wanted. You’ve wanted one for about a year now. It’s black, with a white heart on her forehead. She’s beautiful. Just like you, and now, since you may not come back, I’m going to name her Ivory.
“I hope you don’t mind. Well, somebody wants to say something to you; they’re as excited as a rabbit on drugs. I love you, Ivory.” Lillian whispered at the end, kissed my forehead, and left. Sobbing.
What have I done? I’m leaving my adoptive mother, and I was never even nice to her. I thought, angrily.
“Hey, Ivory.” Someone whispered-Frank. “I’m just here to say hey, what’s up. You know, it’s going to be really boring after you leave. No more mind-jokes probably. It’ll make us all sad, and we won’t do anything that reminds us of you.
“Did you hear about the cat? I bet you did. She reminds me a lot about you. Black hair, very light eyes. Of course, the cat’s eyes are brown, but a very light brown.
“Do you think I can have that unicorn in your closet? The blue one? I like it a lot, and it smells like your hair. No offense.
“Well, I’m going to take it anyway. Just so I have a reminder of somebody I really cared about.” He sighed, and a tear fell onto my hand.
“Sorry, I’m sad. Well, Mikey wants to say stuff to you. One last thing, you’re the best big sister ever, and I love you like one, too!” Then he stood up from the stool, and opened the door.
Poor, poor, Frank. I’m sorry for leaving him depressed. I’ll let him take my loved unicorn. I thought.
Another person walked in, and moved the stool to sit next to my bed again.
“Ivory, what did you do to get yourself in this mess?” Mikey asked. I didn’t even know how.
“Gerard is scared about your life; Frank’s freaking out about his ‘big sister’; your adoptive mom is sobbing her eyes out about you; and me, well I’m trying to get by.
“Somebody has to be the bigger person and hope that life gets better. That’ll be me.
“I don’t want to sound harsh, but, why do you have to die like this? Not even a twitch to let any of us know that you’ll be fine. I’ve got nothing else to say, so, I’m going to let Gerard in. You have about… ten minutes left. We all love you, Ivory.” I felt him touch my fore head, and leave.
Ten minutes? Ten minutes to live, and I won’t be able to say ‘I love you’ back to any of them. God, why am I such a mess? I thought, and then Gerard was walking in.
“Ivory, I just wanted you to know that I love you. We all do. You’re the best girlfriend a guy could ask for, and I wish that you could stay. I really, really do. Frank had to actually go outside just to cry, and Mikey is here for your mom.”
I love you, Gerard! I thought, wanting to scream it out loud.
“God, I just wish I could hear your voice once more. It would be a great sound, even if it was a good-bye.”
I love you, Lill-mom! I thought, trying to find my voice.
“Ivory, I was going to ask you to come on tour with us since you’re done learning the bass. You’re really good, too. Mikey was excited to have somebody else play bass when he needed to rest his hand.”
I love you, Frank-my little brother! I thought, searching for my voice still.
“Ivory, I was going to ask you to marry me. That’s how much I love you.” Gerard whispered, and tears fell onto my hand.
I love you Mikey-my supposed-to-be-brother-in-law! I thought, and then I found my voice.
“Here are the others, they want to see you go. So that you don’t go alone.” I heard everyone walk in, and Gerard sighed. “Ten seconds.”
“I love you!” I screamed, finding my voice. Everyone grabbed for my hand, and I felt tears fall.
That was the last of me.
Ivory

*Gerard’s P.O.V.*
She died. We had all dived for her hand as she screamed, and cried.
“I love you!” Ivory had screamed at the last second of her life, and then. One tear fell.
And that was it. She wasn’t coming back, and Lillian had fallen to the floor sobbing. Frank and Mikey had to carry her to the car so that we could drive home.
I stayed with Ivory though. One last day with her, even if she was dead.
“Oh, Ivory.” I sobbed, and kissed her lips. They were still warm.
“Mr. Way? Move!” A doctor screamed, moving my body. I was away from her, and they pressed some weird square things to her chest.
“Clear!” The doctor screamed, and Ivory’s body jumped.
“What are you doing?” I asked.
“Clear!” He said again. “She can come back! I’ll make her!”
“Who are you?” I screamed.
“CLEAR!” He howled. “I’m her father, and that’s her mother.”
“What?!” I asked, shocked.
“We’re her true parents. We couldn’t take care of her when she was younger so we had to give her up. Now that we found her, we can take her back. We’ve revived twenty dead people after about thirty seconds.” The nurse said. Ivory’s mother. She had black hair, and the eyes were as blue as Ivory’s.
The doctor-Ivory’s father-had black hair and blue eyes, also. I could see the resemblance.
“Please, bring her back!” I screamed, hope was back.
“We did.” He sighed. “Who are you boy?”
“Gerard Way; Ivory’s boyfriend.” I told them, and he smiled.
“You’ve treated her well.” Then he turned back to Ivory, and her eyes opened.
“Ivory!” I screamed, and picked her up in my arms.
“I love you.” She whispered, tears falling onto my shirt.
“I love you, too.” I murmured.
And that was it. We were together, and nothing could tear us apart now.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's done! YERS!
I really hope that you liked it!
CONTEST ALSO!
please join mine if you'd like!
kinda behind on other contests as well!