Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

The New Semester

Lacey's point of view
================


The story can only begin when I met Quinton. For I wasn't around for the worst part of it. I do believe now that I loved him from the moment we met. And this is our story. It begins a year ago....

***

My name is Lacey Abernathy.

My once long dark brown hair was now black and chin length. It was a whim. A good change for the new year and I was pleased with it. My brown eyes amazed me, mostly because they changed to a gold color when the sun hit them just right.

My new look made me look like one of those Emo kids, but I could never fit in with them. I wasn't depressed. Never was, probably never will be. And I never had done drugs before. Trust me, I wasn't planning on starting anytime soon. Of course I wore a lot of black, but it was unintentional. I just liked Hot Topic a lot and I owned a bunch of band tees.

In school, the new semester had started also. My Junior year was almost over and soon I would embark onto the stressful life of a senior. Trying to find scholarships and decide what colleges to consider attending.

I was excited as most were, but also I was stressed from all the work that had to be done.

I entered my school slowly, trying to take up as much time as I possibly could. My school was nothing special. To be honest, I hated it. The walls were this dirty off-white color and the lockers that lined them were plastered with graffiti and stickers. The floor looked like it was rarely swept and trash surrounded the trash cans because students were too lazy to pick it up if they missed.

Having a locker was optional, but I had a bunch of binders that I really didn’t want to carry around with me. So I bought one; it was only five dollars. I got the one locker that wasn’t polluted with mess. It also was clean of graffiti. It took awhile to find a locker worth using, but luckily I found this one.

I walked from my locker to my best friend, Ashleigh, who was standing ten feet away from me. She was combing her blond hair with her fingers trying to detangle it. Her blue-green eyes were hidden beneath sunglasses that she must‘ve forgotten she was wearing. She didn't seem to notice me until I was a foot in front of her.

"Ohmiiigod!" She squealed. "I love it," she said referring to my hair. She slid off her sunglasses awkwardly realizing that she still had them on.

"Thanks," I said happy for her approval.

Before she could say much more, the bell rang, so I said goodbye to her, and headed for my new first period.

At my school we had four classes for each semester--each school year contained two semesters--meaning we had a shorter amount of time to learn everything for the final exam.

I now had Chemistry for first period. The last required science class I had to take, thankfully. We were only required to take three science classes.

I walked in slowly taking in the classroom. I had never been in this class before, so it was new to me. Unlike other classes, this class had tables instead of desks. These tables could easily sit two people, maybe three. On the board, a seating chart was taped up. I looked for my name and found my seat quickly. It was located in the back row, the farthest from the door. I usually liked sitting in the back. It was convenient to get away with texting or sleeping. Which ever ensued first.

I looked at all the students that walked in. Sadly, I didn't know anyone in this class, so I would have to make some new friends.

I was starting to hate this class. Not because I was against making friends or anything, I just found making new friends difficult sometimes.

Just when I thought everyone was here, a long, black haired boy ran inside the classroom just as the late bell rang. He was almost six feet tall from what I could tell and from this distance it seemed like he had bright blue eyes. He was fair skinned, unlike my tanned skin, and he was thin, like me.

He sat down next to me. I remembered from the seating chart that his name must be Quinton, unless he was someone else who just decided to sit somewhere else.

He looked at me and smiled slightly. I returned a smile and was about to introduce myself, but the teacher had just walked in.

"No talking," was the first thing Mrs. Johnston said. She was the tallest teacher at my school being six-feet and four inches high. Her curly redish-brown hair fell around her face and her green eyes always reminded me of a cat for some reason.

How was I going to meet anyone new--especially the cute boy next to me--if she didn't let us talk?

"Go grab a text book from the back," she commanded. I could tell she was having a bad day and didn't want to be here.

I was about to get up when Quinton spoke, "I'll get you one." He flashed a smile towards me.

"Thanks," I called loudly after him.

"Miss Abernathy! Please be quiet!" Mrs. Johnston scolded me.

"Sorry," I mouthed in her direction.

When Quinton returned, he set the two books down before whispering, "You're welcome." He smirked a little before turning his attention to the front of the class.
♠ ♠ ♠
New original Story...what do you think?
I hope you like it.

For all those who are just starting to read this, one) I hope you enjoy it and two) it's a bit rough and I'm sorry. I had intentions of rewriting it but I haven't had the time. On another note, I love you all! Thanks for giving this story a chance. :)