Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

I Don't Want To Live I Don't Want To Breathe 'Les I Feel You Next To Me

Lacey's point of View
================


"Are you OK?" Ashleigh asked as she and Rachel run inside the office.

"Yeah. I was just stressed. I've been taking on some more chores around my house," I lied.

"OK. As long as you're sure you're fine," Rachel said.

"You seem fine," the nurse added. "So you are free to leave whenever you want."

"Thanks," I said to her as I walked slowly out of the room.

"Do you want one of us to go with you, so that you don't faint again?" Ashleigh suggested.

"No, I'm fine. You two can go home. You don't have to wait for me." They looked at each other then back to me before deciding I was fine, and left towards Ashleigh's car. Rachel could drive, she just didn't own a vehicle, so Ashleigh was her chauffeur.

Instead of walking behind them to the parking lot, I took a detour towards the front office. I could still get to the parking lot from there, it just took longer.

"I don't have anything!" I heard someone yell.

"Then explain how you passed out?"

"The heat! It's so damn hot outside anyone could have a heat stroke at any moment!" He defended.

"Look, clearly you took something, and since you won't admit to it, you're suspended for two days." The voice said.

"Fine!" The other voice said in defeat.

Quinton walked out of the door--well it was more like he slammed the door--and came into the hallway, almost running into me.

"What the--" He said before cutting himself off.

"What are you still doing here?" He asked.

"I was just about to leave then you came storming out of the office," I said hoping he wouldn't know I heard what had happened.

"You heard," he stated.

"Heard what?" I asked playing dumb.

"I may be a drug addict, but I'm not stupid. I can see past all the bullshit." He looked towards the ground. "Can you give me a ride to Jaden's house? I need to get my car."

"Why is your car at Jaden's house? Shouldn't it be at your own?" I asked curiously.

"It was running funny, so I stopped at his house to have his dad check it. His dad is a mechanic, so if anyone could fix it, it would be him. Jaden gave me a ride this morning, but I doubt he waited for me since school has been over for almost an hour now."

"I'll give you a ride, but just like you, I see past shit. Tell me the truth because I know for a fact Jaden's dad is a Vet. A year ago, he helped my family put my dog up for adoption." I smirked at Quinton.

"That's ok. I'll just walk. His house isn't that far from here," Quinton said walking towards the front doors.

I just shook my head. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want. Let me drive you. It'll be faster."

"Ok," he nodded. We walked to the back doors and into the parking lot. We hopped into my car and I began driving.

"Where does Jaden live?" I asked.

"North Lake street in the Fisher's Grove development," he mumbled.

It was silent. I wanted to ask him about his home, but I knew that he didn't want to touch upon the subject.

"Pull over," Quinton commanded as we came up on a deserted dirt road. "Follow this road to the end." He said being very vague.

"Um..." I began, but he cut me off by saying, "Just do it."

Even thought I was worried about this, I followed his instructions. Ten minutes later, the road ended, but only because a cliff was keeping me from going any farther. A forest surrounded the barren patch of grass and road.

"Why are we here?" I asked.

I looked at him, but he just shrugged his shoulders and got out.

"Where are you going?" I asked, but recieved no answer.

He kept walking, about thirty yards, and stood five feet from the edge of the cliff.

I turned off the engine and followed him, hoping he wasn't thinking about doing anything rash. "What are you doing?" I asked standing a few feet away from him.

"What's with you and questions today?" He finally spoke.

I didn't answer. I didn't want to tell him that he was scaring me.

"I haven't slept in my own bed in a year. I haven't seen my sister in months. My own parents won't talk to me! I fucked up too many times, so they kicked me out.

"I see them occasionally...in the supermarket and the mall mostly, but they don't even glance my way. It's like I was never born to them. They live their lives and I live mine. I stay where ever I can: friends' houses mostly."

I didn't know what to say. I didn't know how to make things better for him. I wanted to help, but I didn't know how. "Where are you staying tonight?"

"I don't know...Jaden's house I guess."

I studied him as he stood on the edge. He looked so helpless.

I moved closer to him until I was standing right beside him.

"Beautiful isn't it?" He said.

"What?" I asked puzzled.

"The view."

It was beautiful. I stared out into the valley. There was a lake down there too.

"One day I should take you down there," he stated.

"You definitely should." I smiled.

He finally looked at me. He grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips, kissing it gently.

I giggled and he smiled before pulling me closer to him.

"I'm really starting to fall in love with you," he said out of nowhere. If it was any other guy I would have been freaked out, but it was him.

"Me too," I replied.

I leaned my head against his shoulder.

"We should go," he stated. "It's getting late and you still have parents that care about you."

He pulled me along to my car and I drove him to Jaden's house.

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yes, you will," he replied.

I smiled and drove home.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I finally am writting again!

I was going through a short period of depression, where I didn't want to write or do anything for that matter. But I'm better now and since summer is almost here for me, I'll update a lot more!

Comments=Motivation=Faster Updates! ;)