Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

The Way You Make Me Feel

Lacey's point of View
================


I arrived home and went straight into my room. I needed to figure out what to wear tonight and find a movie to go see.

I decided to do the latter. I walked over to my desk and flipped open my laptop, pressing the power on button in the process. As I waited patiently for it to power up completely, I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in," I shouted.

My mother peaked her head slowly around the door. "How was school?"

"It was OK," I replied. "Me, Ashleigh, and Rachel are going to see a movie later."

"Do you have anything to tell me?" She asked.

"Nope," I answered.

"OK then," she said softly before closing my door.

I pulled up the Internet by clicking the blue E symbol on my computer's desktop. I typed "Movie times" into the search box.

"Hmm..." I said aloud scrolling through the options.

I narrowed it down to two choices and walked into my closet looking for something to wear. I pulled out a baby t-shirt and mini skirt. I changed quickly and walked over to my dresser to grab my cell phone. I usually never took it to school. There was no need for it, so I just left it here in my room.

I dialed Ashleigh's number. She picked up on the third ring.

"Hey, did you choose a movie?" She asked.

"I narrowed it down to two, so you and Rachel can choose which one out of those."

"That sounds good. Make sure you look cute. I've found some cute guys to meet us there."

"Really? From where?" I asked curiously.

"They go to West High School, not far from our school. My mom knows one of the dudes parents and she had us meet last weekend. He brought his two friends and I know that they would be perfect for you and Rachel. So I called them up and they are all game with the plan tonight."

"That's cool," I said feigning excitement.

"I've got to go get ready, so I'll see you later," she said.

"Bye," I replied before ending the call.

Quinton's point of view
=====================


After Lacey left, I hopped into my car and drove to Jaden's house. I walked up to his house and knocked on the door.

His mother answered. "Oh, hello Quinton," she said sweetly.

"Hi, can I see Jaden?" I asked.

"Yes of course. Come in darling." She ushered me in and motioned up the stairs by the door that led up to Jaden's room. I smiled at her before proceeding to travel up the stairs. I walked straight into his room without knocking.

"Took you long enough to get here," he stated as I sat on his bed.

"Lacey said you needed to see me?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Well, what is it?"

"It's Grace," he said and my world suddenly stopped.

"What about her?" I asked panicking on the inside.

"She keeps fucking calling me. I don't even know how the fuck she got my number, but she keeps asking me where you are. She said she needs to talk to you and that it's important."

"Is that it?" I asked relieved a little.

"You don't understand. Go talk to her! Either break things off with her or break things off with Lacey. Just for once don't choose two girls at the same time."

"Me and Grace are over as far as I'm concerned," I replied.

"Well then go tell her that because I don't think she was informed."

Jaden's phone began to buzz. "It's her," he said answering the phone. "Hello?" He asked.

I tried to sneak out of his room, but he passed the phone to me after saying, "He's right here. Hold on."

I sighed in defeat and answered the phone. I didn't like breaking up with girls, so I usually did something to make them break up with me. "Hi?"

"Oh my god! I'm glad I finally found you. Where the fuck have you been? I've been so effing worried that you disappeared and left town. I was thinking that--"

"Can you stop talking for one second?" I said cutting her off.

"Fine. What do you want?" She asked annoyed.

I wanted to say "We're over," but the words couldn't escape my mouth. So I did what I usually did. "I cheated on you. A lot. With lots of girls," I finally said.

"What?" She spoke softly. "Why...why would you do this to me?"

"I don't love you," I said hoping she would finally get the clue and call this relationship, or what ever it was, off.

"I don't believe you. You love me. You just think you 'Love' someone else more, but the truth is you don't. I'll always be here; I'll never break up with you. And we aren't over til I say we are over. Clear?" She snapped.

"No. You don't understand." I sighed giving up. "Can we just take a break? I need to think things over."

"You can have your little break, but trust me, you'll be back. I guarantee it."

I hung up on her.

"Congrats dude. You got nowhere." Jaden said clapping with false enthusiasm.

"Shut the fuck up," I commanded.

He laughed before asking, "What should we do tonight?"

I thought for a second before an idea hit me, "I've got an excellent idea!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments motivate me to update faster. =]
(Thats why I've been updating a lot ;])
Enjoy this update.