Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

The Last Seat

Lacey's point of view
================


Mrs. Jonhston stood in front of the class and lectured the whole time about Lab Safety. When she suspected anyone to be talking, she called on them and made them recite word for word what she had just spoken.

I had a terrible memory, so even if I was listening I would most likely forget what she said if I was called on. Sure some people were getting away with talking, but I knew I could never be that lucky.

So I didn’t get to talk to Quinton sadly and he left the class too quickly for me to say bye to him. Plus I didn't know him, so I thought it would be weird for me to randomly say bye.

I walked down the hall to my next class, which was Pre-calculus with Mr. Talbert, a short, brown haired man who had mouse-like features and a mustache.

Luckily we could pick our own seats, so I chose the one in the back nearest to the door. Ashleigh walked in and ran to where I was sitting. She dropped her black hello kitty book bag in the seat next to mine. Her blond hair twirled around her as she looked at me.

"How was your first period?" She asked curiously.

"It was good," I said blushing slightly.

She was freakishly observant and noticed this. "What happened?" She asked as she raised her eyebrows suggestively. By this time she was sitting in the seat next to mine leaning precariously over the edge.

"Nothing really," I shrugged, "just a cute boy gave me a text book."

She looked excited. "Really? Does he sit near you? If he does, you need to talk to him."

"Yeah, he sits next to me. We are lab partners," I said calmly.

She squealed. "You need to talk to him! No more of this shy shit," she scolded.

I rolled my eyes. I was shy sometimes. Mostly around guys I liked, but being shy wasn't something someone could just turn on and off.

Mr. Talbert walked in and passed out our books. "Turn to page 26, and do the review problems. You should all know how to do them. They are review. No talking either. There is a reason you have lots of time between classes."

A few students groaned. I just turned away from Ashleigh and began to work. What was with all the teachers wanting silence today?

After everyone finished, the teacher took it all up to check for a grade. I mentally groaned. Some of those problems I guessed on, so I knew there would be lots of red marks on it when I got it back.

The bell rang and everyone trudged out of their classes to head to the next one or lunch, if they were lucky. There were three lunches total. Where first lunch was obviously first, then second lunch, then third lunch.

I had second lunch, which was fine with me. If you had first or third lunch, you had to take your stuff with you, and I didn't like the thought of someone stealing something from me.

I went to English 3 next with Mrs. Andrews. She was my favorite teacher because she let you do almost anything if you finished your work early.

She was standing near the door to her classroom, greeting everyone who entered the room. Her auburn hair was pulled back into a ponytail. Her once blue eyes were now green from colored contacts. She smiled at me as I walked by her.

I wasn't sure who was in this class with me, but I took a seat in the corner far from the door. There were some people who I knew already in here, but I didn't usually talk to them. More people walked in but none of the people I talked to were in this class.

I sighed. Another class I would have to make friends in.

The late bell rang and there was only one seat left in front of me. The teacher was just about to close the door when Quinton ran in. Of course the cute boy from Chemistry would be in this class.

"Sorry, I'm late," he mumbled.

"Well, unfortunately you won't get to choose your seat. There is only one left. Please take the seat," Mrs. Andrews said pointing to the one in front of me.

He walked to the seat and before sitting down, he smiled at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
please keep reading.
what do you think so far?
Anything I can improve on?

Rewritten