Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

The Lights Are Out And I Barely Know You

Lacey's Point of View
==================


We began to walk, continuing our way around the mall.

"You two seem tense," Jaden stated.

I just sighed. What was I expecting? Quinton to just come out and tell me all the bad things he's done. I could see why it would be hard, but I needed to know just what I am getting myself into.

It's almost like a used car. You may love it, but you don't know it's past and that past could affect your future with it. Not that I was comparing Quinton to a car, just...

I sighed again. He kept getting these mood swings. I wasn't sure if it was from the drugs or if he was just that way in general.

We were walking up to Hot Topic now. I loved that store, but everything was so expensive. "I need to go in there," I said walking off, not caring if they would follow me.

I went inside and headed straight for the machine that gave people ten points a day for their HT+1 cards. I scanned mine, and quickly read my point count, 22040 points.

"Woah, that's a lot," Jaden said behind me and I jumped.

He laughed a little before walking around. I followed after him, noticing that Quinton didn't come in with us.

"I would have assumed Quinton would shop here," I stated hoping Jaden could give me some insight.

"Yeah. Quinton used to love this store," he answered, leaving me with more questions than answers.

"Why doesn't he anymore?" I asked.

"I don't know," Jaden said quickly.

"You're lying," I stated.

"Look, there are some things he has to tell you himself. This is one of them."

I crossed my arms and turned away from him. I exhaled deeply before looking around. Once I concluded there was nothing I really desperately wanted, I walked outside of the store.

Across the way from Hot Topic was a Victoria's Secret store. Hmm...I thought.
I walked straight past Quinton, an idea in my head.

"Where are you going?" He asked puzzled as I walked by him.

"I need lip gloss," I said in a girly-girl voice. I guess my idea was getting to me a little too much. I was ecstatic; my plan was fool-proof.

He stared after me with an eyebrow raised. "OK then," he said after me.

I came out with a small pink striped bag. "Did you get your lip gloss?" Quinton asked amused.

"Yep," I said pulling out a tube of strawberry lip gloss. "It even has glitter," I stated.

Jaden laughed. "Couldn't you just get lip gloss at the dollar store? It would be so much cheaper than spending $8 at Victoria's Secret."

"Technically it was $7.50 and the dollar store contains cheap items with cheap quality." I remarked.

Quinton smirked. "Anywhere else you would like to go?"

"Not really."

"Me either," Jaden said.

We continued walking until we were back where we started. "Should we leave now?" Quinton asked.

"I guess," Jaden replied.

We walked back through the food court and exited the mall.

Quinton decided to drop me off first. "I'll be back in a few," he said as I gathered my bag and unbuckled my seat belt.

I smiled and opened the door, using it to pull myself out of his car. I closed the door and proceeded to walk up to my house. Quinton didn't drive off until I had unlocked my house and was walking through the door way.

"How was the movie?" My father asked reading his evening newspaper, The New York Times.

"It was just like all other scary movies. Not scary one bit." I replied.

He chuckled. "I'm glad you had fun," he said with what I though was some sarcasm.

I stifled a laugh and made my way into my room. "I'm tired, so I am just going to go to bed after I shower," I called out to my house, hoping they wouldn't try to enter. I closed the door and locked it. I breathed a sigh a relief.

I had made it this far, so why give up now? I took my little pink bag into the bathroom with me.

I pulled the contents of the bag out and placed them onto the toilet. I stripped down and turned the shower on. I made sure it was warm and got in.

Once finished taking a shower, I put Pure Seduction lotion on from Victoria's Secret. It wasn't what I bought today. I had had it for some time now and haven't yet had a reason to use it, until now.

I grabbed the outfit from the toilet and put it on. The top was a black camisole, but it was more see-through than I was used to. Lace trimmed the edges. The bottoms were like really short short-shorts that were made entirely of lace.

Feeling a little insecure, I grabbed my pink plush robe and put it on, tying it closed.

Was I crazy? I thought to myself as I ran my hair through my wet hair.

I should blow dry my hair, I said internally before following through with the action.

Once my hair was no longing soaked, I opened my bathroom door and made my way to my bed to sit down.

It would only be a matter of seconds before I knew Quinton would enter my room through my window.

And I was right.

He came into my room, so gracefully. I was left breathless.

"You're not a vampire, right?" I asked just making sure I wasn't getting myself into anything more serious than a drug addict.

"No, I'm not a vampire," he said confusion playing on his face.

"Just making sure," I replied.

He sat down beside me. "I'm sorry for being weird today. I haven't smoked anything other than a few cigarettes because I ran out of weed. Since Jaden has quit cold-turkey, he has none either, and I don't know where Greg went. He disappeared the day I got caught. He was with me, then he wasn't, so I have no fucking idea where he went." He sighed.

His long black hair fell into his face, and I noticed his hands were in his pant's pockets. He looked to the ground as if battling some internal war. Finally he looked at me, "You deserve the truth, no matter how fucked up it is."

He looked towards the wall across from us.

He was right. I knew almost nothing about his past. Questions began to swirl through my mind.

"When was the last time you had sex?" I accidentally voiced the one question I was going to keep to myself.

"It's been three weeks," he said.

"How many?" Again my mind wouldn't get off of this subject.

Quinton seemed to find it funny though. He chuckled before replying, "A few, 5 or 6. Most of the time I was with the same one for a while. They don't mean anything to me though."

"That's not true," I replied. "I know you are trying not to hurt me, but I don't care if you have had feelings for other girls. Hell, I've had feelings for lots of different guys, but I am not going to go around denying it to you. I'm not going to be like 'I hated everyone until I met you' because that would be crazy. Sure, probably one or two meant nothing, but at least one did."

Even though I could see his face, I could tell he was smirking. "A while ago I met this girl," he began.

"How long's a while?" I asked cutting him off from explaining anymore.

"Two years ago," he amended, "I met a girl named Grace. She was beautiful in every way. She had long flowing blond hair and beautiful green eyes that could see into my soul. I was looking for a shirt in Hot Topic and this girl, who obviously didn't belong walked in.

"She wore this bright pink dress and flip flops. From the outside, no one could know her secret. She looked so innocent. She walked up to me and asked if I knew where the clearance section was, so I pointed it out to her. I'm not really sure what happened after that, I just know that I ran into her again at Hot Topic, and we began to talk.

"Suddenly I found myself asking her out, and she said 'No' at first." He chuckled softly reliving that day as he told it to me. "After she said no, she slipped me a piece of paper with a telephone number written on it. I called her up later that evening and she suggested we hang out. So we did almost everyday.

"I didn't know the truth until I had already fallen in love with her. She met someone, I don't remember his name, but he gave her some weed and she gave some to me. I stupidly smoked it and soon the addiction started. We would get high then fuck, and that's all we seemed to do after that point.

"She dyed her hair bright red. I forgot to mention that earlier, but I haven't seen her hair blond ever since. The thing is, I've been with her for two years. We have never broken up, but I've cheated on her and she has most certainly cheated on me. At our school, no one knew I already had a girlfriend, so it was easy to pick up some girl who thought I was hott."

"What about Ashleigh?" I asked curious.

"We were friends way before I met Grace, but she knew something was going on. She just didn't know what. Last year, we begun to hang out occasionally. One day something sort of happened and we slept together. We were watching a movie at her house, but then...I don't know. It just happened. After that day, she never talked to me again. I guessed she found out somehow about Grace."

"That's sad," I replied. Not really caring that the boy I loved had just admitted to sleeping with one of my best friends.

He looked back to me. "Why are you wearing a robe?" He asked, one eyebrow raised with a cocky grin on his face.

I smiled before replying, "No particular reason. I just felt like it."

"Really?" He asked with the same expression on his face.

"Yep," I replied trying not to give anything away.

"I think you are lying to me," he stated, leaning closer until he was only a few inches away. I closed the gap by moving the rest of the way. He put his arms around my back, pulling me closer to him.

"Why are you so determined to lose yourself to me?" He asked in between kisses.

I shrugged, not entirely sure why I did anything anymore.

We were now laying down on my bed and I was picking with a loose string on my blanket, while I felt his eyes look me over again and again. "I want you," I replied finally, knowing he was waiting for some kind of answer.

"But your parents are here," he stated, placing his hand under my chin and forcing me to look up at him.

"So?" I whispered softly.

He laughed.

"It's not funny," I replied.

"Actually it is. Shouldn't I be the one pressuring you to have sex? But instead it's the other way around."

I sighed as he began to kiss my neck. He had a point.

"You do smell good though," he replied smiling against my skin.

He looked up at me and brushed a stray strand of hair out of my face. He looked into my eyes and I looked into his, seeing him mentally come to some decision. He pulled away from me slightly before taking off his t-shirt.

"What are you doing?" I asked confused.

He began to kiss me. His hand began to slide my robe slightly off of my right shoulder.

His touch sent shivers of pleasure through me.

I moved my hands to the button on his jeans and began to undo it. He helped me slide them off. He untied my robe and began to slide it off of me, tossing it on the floor along with his clothes.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I finally updated! Yay!
Sorry I've been so busy lately.

Comments make me happy! =]

Enjoy this update!