Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

I'm So Sick Of Watching All The Minutes Pass As I Go Nowhere

Lacey's Point Of View
==================


"Am I a whore?" I asked Quinton as he climbed through my window at nine.

He laughed before saying, "Are you serious?"

"Yes," I replied as he sat down beside me. Ashleigh's comments had been on my mind since I got home. All I did was lay on my bed thinking: Am I a whore?

***
Even when my mom came into my room asking me if I had any plans tonight since it was Friday.

"Nope," I replied as she looked at me like I was crazy staying home.

"Me and your father will be going on a weekend retreat," she said. "We are leaving at seven, after dinner, and we won't be back until Sunday evening."

"Ok. I won't throw any huge parties you'll find out about," I said jokingly.

She smiled before saying, "Don't be a hermit and stay home all weekend. Go out and do something fun. I don't want you to miss out on stuff."

"I have lots of fun at home," I lied. I was almost always bored when I was home.

"Yeah, sure you do," she said catching my bluff.
****

"Oh, by the way, you can come through the front door this weekend," I told him. "My parents are gone 'til Sunday evening."

"Don't change the subject and you are not a whore," he stated. "If anything, I am a whore."

I giggled, "I have never heard a guy call himself a whore before."

"I have slept with every girl I've ever dated," he stated.

"Yes, but I slept with you four days after we met," I rebutted.

"Why do you think you are a whore?"

"Ashleigh kept calling me that and--"

"Ok, Ashleigh slept with me. Therefore she is a whore too."

I laughed. "I love your logic."

"Good, now how was your day besides being called a whore?"

"Ashleigh called me a slut too," I laughed.

"Oh my god. Can we just move on from this?" He asked trying not to laugh along with me.

"My day was boring," I replied holding back giggles.

"Same here," he replied.

"Are you going to be weird again today?" I asked curiously.

"Nope," he replied.

"Did you find Greg?" I asked. If he did, then that meant he got more of his drugs, so I was hoping Greg split town. But I couldn't be that lucky, could I?

"Yeah, he was at his house. I payed him a visit earlier."

"Did he get suspended? I haven't seen him at school."

"No, he dropped out."

I didn't know what to say to that. All I was thinking was that I hoped Quinton never got to the point of dropping out of school.

"So we've got this house all weekend to ourselves?" He asked excitement rising in his voice.

"Yep. A whole house filled with nothing to do." I stated.

"I can think of a few things to do," he smirked and I nudged him playfully on the shoulder.

"We should go on a real date," I said. "To make it official; you and me."

"Hmm," he pondered. "Why not? You are my girlfriend, right?"

"Of course," I replied.

"Then tomorrow I will take you somewhere nice," he concluded.

I smiled then frowned, "Tomorrow is so far away though."

"I think you can make it," he replied kissing my cheek.

I closed my eyes feeling his warmth embrace me.

I woke up bright and early. I began to stretch before realizing that Quinton was sleeping next to me. "Sorry," I replied hitting him on the head.

"You are very violent to me," he mumbled before opening his eyes. "What time is it anyway?" He asked sleepily.

"It's eight," I replied surprisingly cheerful and full of energy. I usually found myself sleeping in til ten at the earliest.

"Fuck," he cussed. "I'm going back to sleep."

"Ok," I whispered.

I tried not to laugh at his grumpiness. He must not be a morning person. I rarely was either, but something about today was promising. Maybe the fact that me and him would go on our official first date.

I walked into the kitchen and poured myself a bowl of Rice Crispy cereal. I sat down at the kitchen table and ate slowly, waiting for Quinton to wake up.

I finished my breakfast and sat down in my living room, flipping the television on in the process. I looked through the channels, but since it was the morning, nothing good was on.

I sighed before turning the TV off and returning to my bedroom. "What to do? What to do?" I softly said to myself.

I could take a shower...or go onto my laptop...or...

I sighed again. I went into the bathroom deciding to follow through with the shower idea. Trying to waste time was hard, but trying to waste time while being quiet was harder.

I had taken the longest shower possible, and when I was done, I walked into my closet and grabbed some clothes at random. When I walked out, I was dressed in a black tiered mini skirt and a white and black spaghetti strap top.

"Wake up already!" I said quietly towards Quinton seeing him still lying on my bed in his red boxers. It was already 9:47 and he was still asleep.

"I can hear you," he mumbled.

"Well then wake up," I commanded.

"You are too excited," he stated.

I walked over to my bed and plopped down onto it. "I am excited I get to spend time with you," I whispered into his ear. "Oh and by the way, I have some stuff for you from Chemistry and English."

"Great," he replied in a tone that sounded anything other than thrilled.

I hoped off my bed and went to my book bag pulling out his stuff. "I didn't realize you were so smart," I said returning to my bed. "You got a hundred on almost everything."

"Almost?" He questioned.

"Yeah, in English you misspelled one word, but other than that you do better than me. And I would like to think I'm smart, but you are smarter."

"Eh, I don't really try."

"You call this not trying?" I asked holding the papers out and pointing to them. "I feel stupid now."

"If you want I can start failing," he suggested.

"No, don't do that. That is stupid." I shook my head as if he were crazy to even think of doing that. "Where do you want me to put these?" I asked.

"You can throw it away or better yet I'll throw them away." He pushed himself up from my bed and took his work, walked to my bathroom, and threw it away in the garbage.

"Are you going back to sleep?" I questioned as he made his way back to my bed.

"No, I'm just going to lay here with my eyes closed."

"Ha ha, when are you going to seriously wake up? Because I am losing my mind waiting for you."

He laid back down on my bed. I was about to get up when he pulled me down to him. "Where do you think you are going?" He questioned.

"To find something to do," I replied trying to wiggle free from him, but failed.

"You smell like flowers," he stated nibbling at my ear.

"I just took a shower," I replied.

"So that's why your hair is wet," he stated sarcastically. "I would have never guessed."

He then began to kiss my neck.

"You smell good too," I told him. "Like rain."

He chuckled.

"So what are we going to do until this date of ours?" I asked.

"I have no idea," he said, "But I'm sure we will think of something."
♠ ♠ ♠
An update! Yay!
Sorry its just fillerish, but it's still important.

Comments motivate me to update faster! =]

I'm excited. I now have 22 subscribers for this story, so I must be doing something right. I hope you enjoy this! I'm off to bed now. :)